KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » The Dangers of Evolution

The Dangers of Evolution
Started by: eThneoLgrRnae

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Dangers of Evolution

Kent does a good job of laying out the many dangers of the religion of Darwinian Evolutionism in the video in link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f31qGBn4DY

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post May 23rd, 2019 10:03 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Re: The Dangers of Evolution

No one cares about Kent Hovind. He's willfully delusional. You can stop posting his videos now.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
As by this theory, innumerable transitional forms must have existed. Why do we not find them embedded in the crust of the earth? Why is not all in nature in confusion instead of being, as we see them, well-defined species?--Charles Darwin (1866)

A quote taken out of context and spliced. Nice dishonest work there. We do indeed find them embedded in the crust of the earth and they confirm the theories. Darwin didn't have as many specimens at the time. But more are discovered everyday.

Some better context of the quote...

quote:
But, as by this theory innumerable transitional forms must have existed, why do we not find them embedded in countless numbers in the crust of the earth? It will be much more convenient to discuss this question in the chapter on the Imperfection of the geological record; and I will here only state that I believe the answer mainly lies in the record being incomparably less perfect than is generally supposed; the imperfection of the record being chiefly due to organic beings not inhabiting profound depths of the sea, and to their remains being embedded and preserved to a future age only in masses of sediment sufficiently thick and extensive to withstand an enormous amount of future degradation; and such fossiliferous masses can be accumulated only where much sediment is deposited on the shallow bed of the sea, whilst it slowly subsides. These contingencies will concur only rarely, and after enormously long intervals. Whilst the bed of the sea is stationary or is rising, or when very little sediment is being deposited, there will be blanks in our geological history. The crust of the earth is a vast museum; but the natural collections have been made only at intervals of time immensely remote.

[Source]

He's talking about the specific circumstances required to preserve specimens. Fossilization is a rare occurrence, yet throughout so much time we still have lots and lots of specimens. If you'd stop burying your head in the sand you could learn about them in museums, books, or even the internet: Fossil Evidence

Here's a conundrum for your Creationist dogma: How did unique species only found in remote parts of the world (like Madagascar, the Galapagos, etc) get there and nowhere else? If they got off Noah's Ark like everything else we should see them in other parts of the world. Answer: The reason we don't is because they evolved there in more remote isolation; hence their uniqueness.

The more I study science the more I believe in God--Albert Einstein

More deliberate and dishonest misquoting. A big reason this propaganda still works is because not many are willing to take the time to pick apart the dishonesty. It's time consuming. Some real Einstein quotes that clarify the shameless cherry picking...

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation, no matter how subtle, can change this for me."

-Albert Einstein

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."

-Albert Einstein

Einsteinian "Awe" is not in the slightest like Christianity's "personal God." He states explicitly that he does not believe in a "personal God."

Old Post May 24th, 2019 01:42 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Of course it can be dangerous the xenomorphs had to evolve and they got acid for blood.

Old Post May 24th, 2019 12:48 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmmm, selection pressure and factors along with beneficial selection through mutation are the critical factors in modern evolutionary theory. Things easily observable in selective breeding of farm animals and bacterial antibiotic resistance.

It's like the Op's failure to understand the evidence for the age of the Universe due to the microwave background radiation, elements, physical laws, gravitic lensings relationship to the speed of light etc. are solid. But then we all know Fly is just using his sock to troll.

Yeah, Einstein had the Universe as God, not a Supreme being.

Old Post May 24th, 2019 01:03 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ha ha... I knew this topic would trigger PL (though I honestly didn't specifically make the thread to upset anyone but to try & educate them instead).

Hey PL, posting in big bold letters doesn't make your argument any more credible.

Just sayin'.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post May 24th, 2019 03:01 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Hey PL, posting in big bold letters doesn't make your argument any more credible.

Since when do you care about credibility?

You're knowingly using deception and outright lies.

Good job avoiding the real issues of the arguments, though. What Christian apologists do best. thumb up

Old Post May 24th, 2019 03:08 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech

Good job avoiding the real issues of the arguments, though. What Christian apologists do best. thumb up
He is ridiculous mate. But, it's a Fly sock.

Old Post May 24th, 2019 03:17 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Patient_Leech

If the evidence was sufficient to warrant belief, they would not need to lie.

Old Post May 24th, 2019 04:25 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
If the evidence was sufficient to warrant belief, they would not need to lie.

If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide that proves they should value evidence? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument would you invoke to prove they should value logic?"

-Sam Harris

(I enlarged the font so Ethneo can see it)

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 24th, 2019 05:37 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL! You are so triggered, dude.

Old Post May 24th, 2019 10:25 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

If evolution were true, why is there still chimps and moneys and not more humans?

Old Post May 25th, 2019 02:39 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ha ha... I knew this topic would trigger PL (though I honestly didn't specifically make the thread to upset anyone but to try & educate them instead).

Just sayin'.
So this was a troll thread to trigger Patient Leach Fly... Oh, Fly... no

Old Post May 25th, 2019 09:48 AM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Putinbot1

Nope, not a troll thread at all because I specifically mentioned I didn't make this thread to upset anyone.

Do better, Bashy. smile

Old Post May 25th, 2019 09:55 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
If evolution were true, why is there still chimps and moneys and not more humans?

I'm going to pretend this is an actual question.

Evolution works through variety so it's expected to have a huge array of vastly different organisms. There is no linearity to it so there is no reason to believe different animals would all evolve into humans.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 25th, 2019 07:22 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Bentley
I'm going to pretend this is an actual question.

Evolution works through variety so it's expected to have a huge array of vastly different organisms. There is no linearity to it so there is no reason to believe different animals would all evolve into humans.
Is that according to scientists? The same scientists who said climate change is real and that man actually went to the Moon? Yeah, excuse me if I accept that with more than a pinch of salt.

Old Post May 26th, 2019 12:30 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

LOL! You are so triggered, dude.
Nope, not a troll thread at all because I specifically mentioned I didn't make this thread to upset anyone.

Do better, Bashy. smile

Lol, you're either trolling or you legitimately believe your delusions. Either way it's truly sad. I don't doubt that you're sincere. Plenty of Christian apologists and Creationists are. But you're completely impervious to outside evidence and reason. You live in a crazy echo chamber containing only you and Kent Hovind.

And I'm not triggered, I just like to correct delusional bullshit and destructive lies. It's duly noted that eThneo doesn't even try to have a substantive defense for the insane assertions. That's why he has to use deception and trickery, instead of legitimate logic and reason.

I'll assume this is a legitimate question also, cause I don't think Bently made the answer very clear...

In this common image you see...

(please log in to view the image)

It's often assumed that modern humans came from the monkeys/apes we see today. But all the previous ancestors you see behind the modern man are all died out. They are extinct. We find their remains/fossils (they are the "missing links" that are actually not missing, despite Creationist lies). They are our ancestors. The early ancestors are depicted as looking like modern monkeys/apes because they likely looked similar, but they were not the same. The modern apes and monkeys we see today are surviving relatives.

Look up speciation. A simple way to understand a version of it is when members of a species get separated from one another and end up in different environments and thus develop and evolve difference features in order to adapt to their different environments. Then you have two different species. This is a simple way to understand how so much diversity of life exists today.

Old Post May 26th, 2019 08:35 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is that according to scientists? The same scientists who said climate change is real and that man actually went to the Moon? Yeah, excuse me if I accept that with more than a pinch of salt.
Pretty sure Lord Lucien is also a fly sock.

Old Post May 26th, 2019 10:20 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Of course it can be dangerous the xenomorphs had to evolve and they got acid for blood.

Also a tiny head and mouth came out of the larger mouth! Wtf is happening!

Old Post May 26th, 2019 10:23 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Pretty sure Lord Lucien is also a fly sock.

doubt it. pretty sure he's being heavily sarcastic as always

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post May 26th, 2019 10:23 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
doubt it. pretty sure he's being heavily sarcastic as always
Ahh, O.K. I stand corrected, strangely, I've never really interacted with him.

Old Post May 27th, 2019 12:01 AM