KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Why did God create anything?

Why did God create anything?
Started by: Neon1234

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Neon1234
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why did God create anything?

The Abrahamic God is allegedly, perfect, and complete among, other things.

I'm curious as to why God created anything then?

As far as I can tell, there are only two reasons to create anything, desire and/or necessity.

God doesn't desire or need anything.

So why did God create anything then?

Joim KMC on Discord, it's a fun, laid back place to chat with people.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 04:35 PM
Neon1234 is currently offline Click here to Send Neon1234 a Private Message Find more posts by Neon1234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

For man.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 05:29 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Neon1234

As far as I can tell, there are only two reasons to create anything, desire and/or necessity.

God can desire if He wants to. The Bible states that He is a very caring and loving God. His passion for His creation spans farther than the east is to the west apparently.

It isn't illogical to think that someone can't desire because that figure can do all.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 07:24 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neon1234
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
God can desire if He wants to. The Bible states that He is a very caring and loving God. His passion for His creation spans farther than the east is to the west apparently.

It isn't illogical to think that someone can't desire because that figure can do all.

I don't argue that it's illogical for an all powerful entity to desire.

I'm arguing that if God is perfect and complete, why does he desire anything?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 07:25 PM
Neon1234 is currently offline Click here to Send Neon1234 a Private Message Find more posts by Neon1234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

I don't argue that it's illogical for an all powerful entity to desire.

I'm arguing that if God is perfect and complete, why does he desire anything?
Oh, I see your question. And a good question that is.

God, as you have said, created the world willingly. He did not need the world. He is completely happy and perfect within the endless bounds of His own perfection.

Now, that would mean that our existence cannot be for the Lord's main benefit. He created the world for us due to his everlasting love rather than His own desires.

Admittedly, God takes pleasure in what He has created, but that does not mean He "needed" it to feel fulfilled. Can you catch my drift?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 07:30 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neon1234
Restricted

Account Restricted

I understand he didn't need it.

But why does God have desire when he's perfect, and complete?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 07:31 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

I recently just started truly researching the Bible, so, sadly, I can't answer all of your questions as accurately as I would wish, but I don't see how the perfection of a figure prevents them from finding joy in other things.

Considering that God is perfect and holy, other holy and perfect things likely make him happy.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 07:36 PM
Neon1234
Restricted

Account Restricted

I recently just started truly researching the Bible, so, sadly, I can't answer all of your questions as accurately as I would wish, but I don't see how the perfection of a figure prevents them from finding joy in other things.

Considering that God is perfect and holy, other holy and perfect things likely make him happy.

Mankind sins all the time.

Are we holy and perfect?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 07:38 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Mankind sins all the time.

Are we holy and perfect?
Nah, but our choice to be a child of God tends to be a perfect and holy decision. The Bible states that all the angels in Heaven celebrate with every soul that claims love to Jesus.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 07:57 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Why did God create anything?

You are asking beings who are infinitely less intelligent and wise than God why an omniscient and omnipotent being created everything. As if we are capable of fully understanding such a being lol.

As I've said before, if we fully understood God He probably wouldn't be worth worshipping.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 09:34 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Eternal life. The chance to do good for a person.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 09:40 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neon1234
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
You are asking beings who are infinitely less intelligent and wise than God why an omniscient and omnipotent being created everything. As if we are capable of fully understanding such a being lol.

As I've said before, if we fully understood God He probably wouldn't be worth worshipping.

So you're answer is, we don't know the reason?

I'll accept that.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 09:46 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

So you're answer is, we don't know the reason?

I'll accept that.

Nah, but our choice to be a child of God tends to be a perfect and holy decision. The Bible states that all the angels in Heaven celebrate with every soul that claims love to Jesus.

Also, maybe this link will help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgXmdni56bs

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 10:05 PM
Neon1234
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks for the link.

I've actually seen it before, I've follower Dr. Craig for years.

His answer is nonsensical to me however.

He says Creation is for our benefit, and then he says it's for us to have a relationship with God.

That's not for our benefit, but for Gods'.

Still doesn't explain why God created anything if he's perfect, and complete like Craig himself said in the video.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 12:50 AM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

No problem. thumb up

Yeah, but what you have to understand, is that God's love is much more powerful than every human combined. The Bible describes His love as infinite. In fact, the Bible straight up says that, if God doesn't exist, than no one is able to love as all love comes from God.

So, in my opinion, it is reasonable to assume that His love for His creation would have pushed His will to create everything.

So, in other words, God made us because He loves us, and though we bring pleasure to Him when we get a relationship with God, He never really did need us to start with.

To us Christians, that should be rather significant. Despite God's total perfection, He went through the trouble of creating us even though He never did or will need us. smile

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 12:57 AM
Neon1234
Restricted

Account Restricted

Explain how and why God gets pleasure from us having a relationship with him.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 01:44 AM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

How: God has emotions like us humans. A very simple example of this would be John 11:35 - "Jesus wept." So it is very possible for God to get excited, sad, furious, and happy.

Why: So we have already established that God created humankind because of the love He has for His creation. The Bible states that God cares even when a little sparrow falls to the ground, and that, to God, humans are worth over a thousand sparrows. As scary as it is to talk about, the following is just as real as you. Hell is the punishment to those that choose to follow their own path. God, not wanting His creation to go to such a horrid place, gives all humans many chances to accept Him as their Lord and savior. So whenever we create a relationship with God, then we are automatically gifted the greatest reward of all. Eternal life in Heaven, and, an overall more fruitful life.

I am sure that you could pull many questions out of what I just said, so if you would like to ask anymore, shoot. smile

Last edited by victreebelvictr on Jan 5th, 2021 at 02:59 AM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 02:53 AM
Neon1234
Restricted

Account Restricted

How: God has emotions like us humans. A very simple example of this would be John 11:35 - "Jesus wept." So it is very possible for God to get excited, sad, furious, and happy.

I'm aware God has emotions.

I'm curious as to how a perfect, and compete entity creates humans to feel happiness?

That's the part that confuses me.

quote:
Why: So we have already established that God created humankind because of the love He has for His creation. The Bible states that God cares even when a little sparrow falls to the ground, and that, to God, humans are worth over a thousand sparrows. As scary as it is to talk about, the following is just as real as you. Hell is the punishment to those that choose to follow their own path. God, not wanting His creation to go to such a horrid place, gives all humans many chances to accept Him as their Lord and savior. So whenever we create a relationship with God, then we are automatically gifted the greatest reward of all. Eternal life in Heaven, and, an overall more fruitful life.

So I think understand what you're saying.

God wants us to be happy.

He wants us to accept him and live a more fruitful life in heaven.

From his perspective, I still don't see why, if he's already happy, he bothers to create anything.

Especially since he knows some of us are going to live horrible lives here on earth, and then go to hell.

quote:
I am sure that you could pull many questions out of what I just said, so if you would like to ask anymore, shoot. smile

I've got lots.

I enjoy talking about this stuff.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 01:05 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

I'm aware God has emotions.

I'm curious as to how a perfect, and compete entity creates humans to feel happiness?

That's the part that confuses me.
That is a pretty good question. The only logical answer would be due to His love for us. Honestly, He probably would have been fine doing whatever He was before He created everything.

quote:
Neon1234 So I think understand what you're saying.

God wants us to be happy.

He wants us to accept him and live a more fruitful life in heaven.

From his perspective, I still don't see why, if he's already happy, he bothers to create anything.

Especially since he knows some of us are going to live horrible lives here on earth, and then go to hell.
Forgive me if I quoted you wrong, I am trying to get the gist of things again.

I can't tell you a professional watertight answer for the question you are asking (and I won't try to because it would likely be BS), but the Bible states that everything works out for the better. Obviously, from our own eyes and ideas, it is hard to understand how the hell that is possible though.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2021 03:05 PM
Adam_PoE

Everybody, remember: Hitler, who was a Catholic in good-standing until the time of his death, went to Heaven, because he believed in Jesus. But the 6-million Jews, whom he murdered, went to Hell, because they did not. But everything is just, and works out for the better!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2021 06:46 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote