KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » Sylar!

Sylar!
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Sylar!

(please log in to view the image)

The villain himself! The one man that just wants to be special, but has gone about it in a completely horrid way, killing innocents just to acquire the abilities that make them special. He wants to be more special, after all, than the undeserving idiots who have their powers...

...and yet he's so awesome.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2007 06:36 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX

The villain himself! The one man that just wants to be special, but has gone about it in a completely horrid way, killing innocents just to acquire the abilities that make them special. He wants to be more special, after all, than the undeserving idiots who have their powers...

I want to know how he does it! But on the other hand I don't. sad

Old Post Sep 11th, 2007 07:21 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I want to know all the abilities he has, and how the hell does he keep coming back to life after getting shot and shanked in the gut

TGFwashere

Old Post Sep 11th, 2007 07:03 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Mairuzu
how the hell does he keep coming back to life after getting shot and shanked in the gut
Because the writers need to keep him alive for story interest! stick out tongue

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2007 09:00 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I want to know all the abilities he has, and how the hell does he keep coming back to life after getting shot and shanked in the gut

Well, technically he never died so he couldn't "come back to life". He was shanked in the gut and left for dead, he was either dragged down into the sewer or crawled down there with severe injuries...but he never died.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2007 09:06 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Re: Sylar!

Yes, he makes Palpy look like an angel

Old Post Sep 11th, 2007 09:59 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Sylar!

Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Yes, he makes Palpy look like an angel

Not really.

If we're talking Star Wars, he seems to be a hybrid of Grand Moff Tarkin, Darth Malak, and General Grievous -- three villains distinctly known for their brutality and aggression. Emperor Palpatine is, at the very least, as evil as Sylar is. He's just not as open. He's more for psychological domination and manipulation rather than "let's kill the ****ing world!!1!"

Sylar is one of my very favorite TV villains (or any genre for that matter), on up there with Angelus from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2007 10:07 PM
Gideon is currently offline Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Re: Sylar!

Sylar is the best tv screen villain to come along in the long time. I can't wait to see him in action again in two weeks.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 11th, 2007 11:19 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by Tattoo
Well, technically he never died so he couldn't "come back to life". He was shanked in the gut and left for dead, he was either dragged down into the sewer or crawled down there with severe injuries...but he never died.

Yea i didnt mean die, i dont know why i said that...

i meant why he couldnt die

but anyways, i also wanna know which power he has to run up walls like friggin spider man... when he attempted to get the little girl at the police station

TGFwashere

Old Post Sep 11th, 2007 11:31 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Yea i didnt mean die, i dont know why i said that...

i meant why he couldnt die

but anyways, i also wanna know which power he has to run up walls like friggin spider man... when he attempted to get the little girl at the police station

A sword to the stomach isn't going to necessarily kill a man.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 12:27 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Still Sylar's survived a considerable amount of damage with no explanation how.

From Wiki:

He has also demonstrated superhuman durability on a number of occasions. He catches Hiro Nakamura's katana bare-handed in "The Hard Part", is shot numerous times to no ill-effect (aside from small bruises), walks away from a fall that kills Peter in "Homecoming", and recovers from being hit with a parking meter and a severe beating by Peter (using Niki Sanders' enhanced strength) rather quickly in "How to Stop an Exploding Man".

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 12:48 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tattoo
A sword to the stomach isn't going to necessarily kill a man.

This is true.

But let's not forget that he took a physical beating at Peter's hands before the sword-inflicted injury was delivered and even after, he is presumed to have escaped.

That's impressive.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 03:22 AM
Gideon is currently offline Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

My vote is that all that is instinctual telekinesis, unless there is some sort of durability power that he stole from one of his unknown victims.

He could use his telekinesis to slow Hiro's sword and catch it, to stop the bullets just as they hit him hard enough to leave bruises, to slow his descent, etcetera.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 04:23 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Something like that.

I still want to know what else he's stolen. We know about the telekinesis, cryokinesis, eidetic memory, enhanced hearing, and radiation. What else do you think he's nabbed?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 09:35 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I was always underwhelmed by Sylar; the hype was great, very well done, the execution was always going to fall short, but this short?

Guy looks exactly like me and half the other blokes walking around my university.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 12:33 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I feel that's rather the theme with the people in Heroes. They look very average, for the most part.

In Sylar's case, I think it suits him. He can have his moments when he looks a bit deranged, but for the most part? He's seemingly normal on first glance and wants to change that.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 05:25 AM
exanda kane

True, true. Perhaps an older Sylar would be a little scarier though. I always imagined Terence Stamp emerging and giving some Hannibal Lector-esque grin.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 10:36 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by exanda kane
True, true. Perhaps an older Sylar would be a little scarier though. I always imagined Terence Stamp emerging and giving some Hannibal Lector-esque grin.
Bennet suggested that the quantity of foreign DNA he's assimilated drove him insane. It's quite possible that his physical appearance will change with more of this power-acquiring. I like that idea, his one desire (to be "special") is degenerating him as a human being.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 08:35 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Yeah, it's full of idea's Heroes, but it always falls short of my expectations. I'm sure that is just me, but jeez, sometimes I wish they would deliver (and I hope the Art Department hire some people that know what they are doing next season!!!)

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 12:17 AM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Something like that.

I still want to know what else he's stolen. We know about the telekinesis, cryokinesis, eidetic memory, enhanced hearing, and radiation. What else do you think he's nabbed?

I dont think he has the memory, because he kills that girl but then hiro goes back in time to save her and she just ended up dying by cancer right? so sylar doesnt have the memory thing anymore

TGFwashere

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 04:53 AM