KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » The Haitian

The Haitian
Started by: stickman618

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
stickman618

Hatian

so far, this is the only guy to have displayed more than one power(aside from Peter and Sylar)

1. power nullification- which seems to be passive and works within a certain radius around him

2. mind-wiping- making people forget things

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 06:36 AM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 09:12 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nmensfinest
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Haitian is by far my favorite character, it's about time he got his own thread! As for his power(s?), it's/they're most probably just one power, given that Tim Kring stated that Peter and Sylar were the only Heroes to display more than one power during Season 1. The power negation most likely has something to do with the memory. But yeah, the Haitian's simply too badass, he's likely the most powerful hero there is at the moment, except for maybe Maury Parkman and Hiro in his own special way.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 12:01 PM
nmensfinest is currently offline Click here to Send nmensfinest a Private Message Find more posts by nmensfinest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Well, hes not that powerful... even nathan got to fly away from him so his powers arent that strong to stop nathan from using his powers right away

TGFwashere

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 03:33 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nmensfinest
Restricted

Account Restricted

His ability to negate powers isn't absolute, true, however it's still a huge added bonus, for instance it grants him immunity to some pretty insane abilities (such as time manipulation or force persuade), and even when he can't stop the powers (which appears to be the case with radiation and flight) it's likely he can lessen the effect. But what I really find powerful about him isn't the power negate but the potency of his memory destruction ability. In It takes a Village he was able to mind wipe his entire freaking village, to the point where they couldn't even talk, and just became mindless zombies, and he did it in a heartbeat. The fact that it's a mental attack means that not many would have any sort of defence, and the sheer scale of the ability is immense.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 04:30 PM
nmensfinest is currently offline Click here to Send nmensfinest a Private Message Find more posts by nmensfinest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

It just dawned on me that he has 2 abilities.

The ability to deactivate Powers and the ability to Erase Memory.

Hmmm.

Also..........I'd be pissed if everybody referred to me as "The Hatian" as if he's some animal or something.

Does he have a real name?

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 06:34 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Im sure he does....

TGFwashere

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 10:27 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

how did Parkman know he was from Haiti anyway?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2007 03:06 AM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Who knows.

In any case, The Haitian has a single power- mental manipulation. His power affects the brain, including preventing it from activating powers or memories alike.

I've wondered if eventually mind control might pop in there, but who knows.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 07:47 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chickenlover98
Loving Chickens

quote: (post)
Originally posted by nmensfinest
His ability to negate powers isn't absolute, true, however it's still a huge added bonus, for instance it grants him immunity to some pretty insane abilities (such as time manipulation or force persuade), and even when he can't stop the powers (which appears to be the case with radiation and flight) it's likely he can lessen the effect. But what I really find powerful about him isn't the power negate but the potency of his memory destruction ability. In It takes a Village he was able to mind wipe his entire freaking village, to the point where they couldn't even talk, and just became mindless zombies, and he did it in a heartbeat. The fact that it's a mental attack means that not many would have any sort of defence, and the sheer scale of the ability is immense.

i like to know if matt or maury can resist his powers. we know matt cant, at least right now, but what baout his father? they both have mental powers. id like to see a "mental" battle

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 02:06 AM
chickenlover98 is currently offline Click here to Send chickenlover98 a Private Message Find more posts by chickenlover98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nmensfinest
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think it depends. In a close and direct confrontation between the two, the Haitian would realistically be able to block out his powers and mind wipe him. But given that Maury appears to be able to sense outside threats and attack from a distance, I'm thinking that The Haitian wouldn't be able to ever be in such a position in the first place.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 04:30 PM