KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » Volume 4 - Fugitives (SPOILERS)

Volume 4 - Fugitives (SPOILERS)
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_D_J
Bane

Volume 4 - Fugitives (SPOILERS)

Starting on Episode 14, a new volume of heroes will kick off named "Fugitives"

Much about this new volume is not yet known namely because the current volume is still ongoing, and as not yet been resolved, but there are some news about the new volume, and surely more news, and spoilers, will make themselves available in the next week (or two months left in the current one)

so far we got three new characters:
- David, a dark and twisted kid who tells lies easily and has a cruel streak
- Alex, a Southern California surfer dude who works at a comic book shop.

and:

- a character known only as "The Hunter."

so far we got confirmation on who's playing The Hunter: Zeljko Ivanek, (who's work include: 24, Oz and Damages) for a 10 episodes story arc

So, what do you think, will Heroes be able to get it all together and deliver a good new volume, or will it still be plagued by the same woes?

... at least it'll be set in the present, no more time travel... so does that mean they take Hiro's power....? no expression

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Oct 29th, 2008 at 05:41 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 05:39 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

hopefully, i hate that power

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 06:37 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Same here. It only over complicates things.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 06:59 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I actually like his power... but it only helps to complicate matters, maybe if could only freeze time... but it doesn't work like that

so what will happen to Hiro then? without powers he's nothing, he must either die, or get kidnapped or something...

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 07:05 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I wouldn't want him killed off, maybe they'll make him realize how bad it is go to the future and the past

should keep him sticking to stopping time and teleporting

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 07:33 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, Hiro might just have an epiphany that he needs to not go time traveling to solve everything.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 07:51 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Ando still kills Hiro hopefully. That would explain why he wasn't around in the future Peter saw.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 09:04 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
Yeah, Hiro might just have an epiphany that he needs to not go time traveling to solve everything.

Isn't that what their basically leading to with his current story line with that African future painter? That way they can still have Hiro around and have an excuse for why he doesn't time travel to fix everything. Probably allot of why he seemed so careful about time traveling to the past in Five Years Gone and now he's been so quick to use that power. He'd become more reluctant and cautious about doing it after seeing all the negative effects of the butterfly effect and that sorta thing.

Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Ando still kills Hiro hopefully. That would explain why he wasn't around in the future Peter saw.

Not really, think about it Ando only killed Hiro seconds before the world was destroyed! Not that it really matters, I mean just because Peter went to the future doesn't mean he has to "just happen" to always run into the same Japanese guy in America every time he's there.

Makes sense to me.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 09:59 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

I guess you're right. :/

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 10:57 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Hiro was holding the piece of the formula when ando killed him

"if" he killed him, who knows what that ability was that he used on him, red electricity???

in a hadouken style???

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 10:59 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Entity
Isn't that what their basically leading to with his current story line with that African future painter? That way they can still have Hiro around and have an excuse for why he doesn't time travel to fix everything. Probably allot of why he seemed so careful about time traveling to the past in Five Years Gone and now he's been so quick to use that power. He'd become more reluctant and cautious about doing it after seeing all the negative effects of the butterfly effect and that sorta thing.

Not really, think about it Ando only killed Hiro seconds before the world was destroyed! Not that it really matters, I mean just because Peter went to the future doesn't mean he has to "just happen" to always run into the same Japanese guy in America every time he's there.

Makes sense to me.

I don't think Hiro understand the butterfly effect yet...

anyways they've already given him an excuse to not go to the past, and he's sorta stick to it when it is convenient to do so... the problem though it's not the past, but the future, and everytime it's the end of the world...
seriously, like it was said in the show: "The world will always need saving", but stop going to the future to see what is it they have to stop...

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 01:59 AM
starlock
Team Authority

From what i have read here and online...what makes anybody think there wont be time traveling involved?....

Three new characters sounds like a bad idea...this show cant work with what they have now......and just when some loose their power...we get new ones to try and follow?...i can see it now.....more time away from the central characters and so many cuts between those that will be prominent.that we will have another season 2 fiasco....i dont have good feelings about it

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 03:38 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

seriously, stop adding characters unless you are willing to get rid of some

there are enough as is... at least not full time ones

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 04:14 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by starlock
From what i have read here and online...what makes anybody think there wont be time traveling involved?....

Three new characters sounds like a bad idea...this show cant work with what they have now......and just when some loose their power...we get new ones to try and follow?...i can see it now.....more time away from the central characters and so many cuts between those that will be prominent.that we will have another season 2 fiasco....i dont have good feelings about it

according to the reports by Ausiello and Kristin, the show will focus in the present, and they say there won't be anymore time travel... though I found that unlikely
There should be some kind of time manipulation, but still not being the focus that drives the characters and the entire season, as it was with just about the entire show...

hopefully they keep this promise... time travel only complicate things when they rely too much on it.

I get why you wouldn't like anymore characters... but why not?, the entire premise of Heroes is built upon people with abilities... so if there are going to be new abilities... there should be new people

they could get rid of some characters, or ignore some character ( like they have with Micah and Monica) to make room for more people and have a more focused history, that isn't branching all around the place.

The writers have got to know that they don't have to include every single characters into the storyline... please, give us more episodes like "Company Man" with focus and, in a way, self centered...

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 04:30 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

COMPANY MAN!

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 04:58 PM
starlock
Team Authority

I just dont feel like heroes is good at a rotating cast....its not a reality show....and most shows have a set cast....i dont mind the characters that interact with one another and from time to time a new character with powers is revealed,....but heroes just does not do it well..they cut from scene to scene and it takes 6 episodes for most plots to merge,i dont think i want that...now if Heroes had shown me it was good at it and had a formula that made it work..well i might be more interested...oh...and i think companyman is one of the best episodes they ever made wink

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 07:41 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Originally Kring wasn't even going to use the Season One cast, so really he kind of warped his plans by trying to retain the past characters due to popularity. He sacrificed some of his artistic rights in that respect, but ratings would have dived if he ditched Peter and Hiro and Sylar and the gang.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 09:26 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by Captain REX
Originally Kring wasn't even going to use the Season One cast, so really he kind of warped his plans by trying to retain the past characters due to popularity. He sacrificed some of his artistic rights in that respect, but ratings would have dived if he ditched Peter and Hiro and Sylar and the gang.
How did he not see that coming? How can you be so ignorant?

TGFwashere

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 10:07 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I'm sure he saw it coming after Heroes started picking up some higher ratings. It was his idea when he started work on the show, after all, before anyone knew what Heroes was.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 10:36 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I haven't seen a show that got rid of their season 1 cast

TGFwashere

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 10:52 PM