KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Baldur's Gate vs. Diablo

Baldur's gate vs. Diablo
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Baldur's Gate 4 30.77%
Diablo 4 30.77%
Stalemate, love both too much 4 30.77%
Double Ko!!, hate em to hell 1 7.69%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Baldur's Gate vs. Diablo
Started by: CorderaMitchell

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Cool Baldur's Gate vs. Diablo

Which is the better rpg, discuss poll and debate.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 11:19 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Yello?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 02:06 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

My favorite color is blue NO YELLOW! hehe nah I love''em both, infact I'm gonna play them both very soon, I'm gonna write long review here on the videogme borads about all the great RPG's, so stay tuned

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 06:54 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Lol, I do to, but I lean towards BG overall, more on this later too.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 08:20 PM
RoyMC
Restricted

Account Restricted

diablos cool

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 05:18 PM
RoyMC is currently offline Click here to Send RoyMC a Private Message Find more posts by RoyMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Diablo.. more arcade like, and the gameplay is more in-depth... crafting new properties through the useage of runes, gems, magic items using the horadric cube.. magic finding bosses to get leet drops.. it only sux0red when they nerfed the cow level >_> but the synergy system is friggin awesome

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 05:54 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Diablo doesn't have more depth than baldurs gate its hit and run, a game thats easy to pick up and play loses depth as a tradeoff,

Have you seen BG manuals, they're like tomes.

You have all types of items, characters, quests, freedoms that diablo doesn't, i really can't list them all.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 08:33 PM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

I assume you mean real baldur's Gate, not Dark Alliance... And Baldur's Gate wins. That games freaking long! And Sarevok's a pimp.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 04:37 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

the game that I played on ps2 for baldurs gate was boring and repetetive.. slash slash slash mob dies.. move to the next 'room' that looks like the last 50 you went through.. I just got tired of it..

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 05:04 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
the game that I played on ps2 for baldurs gate was boring and repetetive.. slash slash slash mob dies.. move to the next 'room' that looks like the last 50 you went through.. I just got tired of it..

that is not BG big grin we are talking BG and BG and the Shadows of Amn and BG and the Throne of Baul the computer realtime RPG big grin its what Diablo was kinda based on

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 05:22 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

The console baldurs gate was much like Diablo, unlimited exp. , severely limited gameplay.

I had a sarevok avvy, remember it?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 05:30 AM
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I agree, BG is more deep then diablo, its also alot bigger game, but I dont know Diablo has something special, I'm currently playing soem of the great RPG's i'l catch up to BG and Diablo in awhile, i'l get back to this thread then

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 08:02 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Baldur's gate has more deep gameplay and customizability, and the ability to walk in any room you want.................

Reason 1

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 11:09 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

so then how can you compare it to diablo?.. why dont you compare it to morrowind or another elderscrolls game? that makes more sense to me at least

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 06:04 AM
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quite true, but then again The Elder Scolls has even more deepth so that wouldint really be fair, Elder can be compared to the Might and Magic series, Baldurs gate is kinda like someware inbetween I guess

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 09:18 AM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

People like the feel of diablo

but elderscrolls can lack the funfactor after a while.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 05:32 PM
RagnaViper
Spoon-based Destruction

Overall, Diablo wins.

Though IMO Baldur's Gate is a much more satisfying experience, Diablo has the excellent multiplayer aspect at the end.

So when you think about it, there really is no contest. Though Baldur's Gate can take months to beat, while I beat Diablo in about a week, Diablo always allowed you to come back and kill stuff with your friends. I know Baldurs Gate had an online aspect, but Diablo outclassed it in every way.

Another way to look at it is this:
Baldurs Gate was just like one huge D&D game.
Diablo was like a real video game.

You decide.

This sig was brought to you buy CorderaMitchell and Piggle. Blame them.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 01:17 AM
RagnaViper is currently offline Click here to Send RagnaViper a Private Message Find more posts by RagnaViper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
People like the feel of diablo

but elderscrolls can lack the funfactor after a while.

feel and gameplay depth are 2 different things.. I'm sure this thread was started in "which is better overall".. and if diablo just doesnt have what baldur's does, how can they be judged against one another? Its true that gameplay features make up the feel in the end, but diablo is more action /arcade oriented RPG than an actual roleplaying experience, which Im sure baldur's is supposed to be... this thread is like comparing dungeons and dragons pen and paper to dungeon seige or something equally lacking

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 02:22 AM
Moritsune

Good Point, Good Point. I For One Like Diablo. Yes, I Have Played BG, And It Does Have That One Thing About It. But, Look At Diablo. I Mean, Seriously, Look At The Game Type. If You Wanted To Make A Good Comparison, Do Neverwinter Nights Against Something Like Might And Magic Games. Yes, That One May Seem Lopsided, But It's The Only Game I Can Think Of Right Now.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 02:29 AM
Moritsune is currently offline Click here to Send Moritsune a Private Message Find more posts by Moritsune Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

I loved both of these games.
over all I love to lvl up! im a lvl up addict.... Diablo lvling up was something special... baldors gate did itall for u! u just pressed the button, diablo u got to choose. I know its a minor point but im such a fan of lvling up...

diablo you could waste hours trading and talking and playing in a party. baldors you could waste hours on quests and minor quests.
bladors online takes too much time to get into it.

By Barker
"There can be only none..."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 12:45 PM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote