KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Cloud vs Squall

Cloud vs Squall
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Cloud 50 52.08%
Squall 38 39.58%
Draw 8 8.33%
Total: 96 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cloud vs Squall
Started by: Soujaboy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (41): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cloud vs Squall

who wins?

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post May 13th, 2006 04:48 PM
Soujaboy is currently offline Click here to Send Soujaboy a Private Message Find more posts by Soujaboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

I'm not sure but I think this has been done already

Old Post May 13th, 2006 07:53 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kumar

quote: (post)
Originally posted by IcePunk
I'm not sure but I think this has been done already

I am pretty sure your right

I will live Forever

Old Post May 14th, 2006 01:56 AM
Kumar is currently offline Click here to Send Kumar a Private Message Find more posts by Kumar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

this is probably the 3rd or 4th time..cloud won all of them..

Old Post May 15th, 2006 06:52 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dragoncloud
Death to Smoochie!

yeah...he always was favored when it came to popularity and his creation in the games.

Old Post May 15th, 2006 07:43 PM
Dragoncloud is currently offline Click here to Send Dragoncloud a Private Message Find more posts by Dragoncloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
1021kid

i like squall more but cloud wins

Old Post May 16th, 2006 05:55 AM
1021kid is currently offline Click here to Send 1021kid a Private Message Find more posts by 1021kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Squall could win some. The guy was no pussy.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 17th, 2006 07:51 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
1021kid

Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Squall could win some. The guy was no pussy.
true that

Old Post May 18th, 2006 03:32 AM
1021kid is currently offline Click here to Send 1021kid a Private Message Find more posts by 1021kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dragoncloud
Death to Smoochie!

he wasn't but compared to cloud he was a push over.

Old Post May 18th, 2006 03:00 PM
Dragoncloud is currently offline Click here to Send Dragoncloud a Private Message Find more posts by Dragoncloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Why? Cloud is the real push over here. The guy couldn't even make it to SOLDIER. Squall became the commanding officer of SeeD at 17 years of age etc. Cloud simply has one fancy movie which lets him perform like a maniac. All we have to compare fight-wise are Squall's FFVIII intro which is way, way, way dated when compared to Advent Children.

Old Post May 19th, 2006 01:49 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

presently 23 year old cloud vs. a schoolboy who complains when oppertunity knocks...cloud pwns the moody git..

Old Post May 19th, 2006 06:07 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Why? Cloud is the real push over here. The guy couldn't even make it to SOLDIER. Squall became the commanding officer of SeeD at 17 years of age etc. Cloud simply has one fancy movie which lets him perform like a maniac. All we have to compare fight-wise are Squall's FFVIII intro which is way, way, way dated when compared to Advent Children.

Have to agree with prime here , he was lucky taking out Sephiroth the first time and the last was more of a battle of wills then pure strength.

Squall goes Lionheart on clouds ass.....

Old Post May 19th, 2006 06:51 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

At least by the time Squall finished the Ultimecia ordeal he managed to smile and get over his mood-swings. Unlike Cloud who decided to ignore the strength he had in order to become emo and whine/complain about how he didn't save Aerith or Zack. Going with that Squall is far more mature than Cloud if you think about it. Squall gets over his trauma and mood swings when he is 17. At 23 Cloud is still moody, depressed and emotionally unstable.

Old Post May 19th, 2006 06:42 PM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow, this is utter bullshit.

You're calling Cloud an Emo? Let's see here:

"Though he remembers practically nothing of this past, it causes him to develop into an emotionally detached, highly cynical and introverted boy (his original goal is to go through life without any emotional links or dependencies, because "Others won't always be there. You can only rely on yourself".)"

"Squall is notable for being primarily a loner. Even compared to the originally indifferent Cloud Strife of Final Fantasy VII, he comes off as cold and deeply cynical."

By the time Cloud hits FF7 at the end, his emotional stability is at a status of OK!

That would be why he smiles at the end of AC when Zack and Aerith dissipate into the wind.

I've seen Cloud perform far more impressive features than Squall, even if Squall didn't have a movie.

And someone called FFVIII dated?

Hmm . . . Didn't FFVII surface before FFVIII? Why, it did. The game came before FFVIII and still showed Cloud to have extraordinary powers and the reason he was barely able to defeat Sephiroth is because Sephiroth was the more powerful opponent.

I mean, the first time Cloud finished Sephiroth, it was with the help of his friends. The second time, Sephiroth could have stabbed Cloud in the face and killed him, but went for the arm and spared him for some odd reason.

I don't see how Squall has this enormous chance of pwning Cloud, especially seeing as they're both emotionally unstable and fairly powerful.

I could see it go either way.

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post May 19th, 2006 07:51 PM
Soren the Mage is currently offline Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I never implied Squall would win 10 out of 10. Quite in fact I said Squall could win some given he is no pushover. The reason I stated FFVIII is dated when compared to AC is because many youngsters are simply awed by flashiness. In gamefaqs I've argued with people who defended Squall in a vs. with Cloud, but when the movie was released they automatically changed sides because Cloud took on Bahamut Shin/Sin(whatever it's actually called), etc. Which is no big thing given Seifer has mutilated Odin. What extraordinary things did Cloud perform in FFVII that put him above Squall so much? What exactly? Why did I stress Cloud's emotions? Because someone started mentioning how Squall was, and I quote, a "moody git." Which is funny because at the end of FFVII Cloud is ok with who he is, but when AC starts Cloud's all of a sudden moping and complaining about how he is not strong enough. How he is just an Ex-SOLDIER wanna be when in reality he performed much better against Sephiroth than even Zack. Zack being considered the 2nd best SOLDIER after Sephiroth himself. But come to think of it it's just the writer's fault for disregarding Cloud's character development.

Old Post May 20th, 2006 07:18 AM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do people still think Cloud would wipe the floor with Sephiroth?

From what I saw in AC, Sephiroth spared Cloud by stabbing him in the arm instead of his throat, chest, face, etc etc.

Old Post May 20th, 2006 09:59 AM
Soren the Mage is currently offline Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I agree. Sephiroth's flaw is the fact he still considers Cloud a puppet of his. Eventhough Cloud has stopped Sephiroth in his tracks 3 times now. I wonder.

Old Post May 20th, 2006 03:15 PM
Mr.Biscuits

Based on Gameplay Squall punks cloud.Everyone's picking Cloud out of liking for the character.

Old Post May 20th, 2006 04:17 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Based on AC and Gameplay, Cloud mops it with Squall.

Old Post May 20th, 2006 07:34 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Right. Gameplay wise he can? Hero renders Squall invincible, and then he can spam Lion Heart over and over again without getting touched. Not to mention in FFVIII the Active Time Gauge fills a lot faster than in FFVII. But in my opinion it's not wise to use gameplay elements in stuff like this.

Old Post May 20th, 2006 08:11 PM