KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Liquid Snake vs Solid Snake

Liquid Snake vs Solid Snake
Started by: Tidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tidas
IMF

Liquid Snake vs Solid Snake

Who wins

I tell the truth even when i'm lying

Old Post May 21st, 2006 03:24 PM
Tidas is currently offline Click here to Send Tidas a Private Message Find more posts by Tidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaithen

Solid....havent they been fighting?

Old Post May 21st, 2006 03:32 PM
Kaithen is currently offline Click here to Send Kaithen a Private Message Find more posts by Kaithen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Solid because he is a good guywink

Old Post May 21st, 2006 03:55 PM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaithen

And... Liqued was the old clone... why would they want to make a new one if they didnt want to make a better one wink

Old Post May 21st, 2006 04:05 PM
Kaithen is currently offline Click here to Send Kaithen a Private Message Find more posts by Kaithen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

That's been bothering me, if they did the successful clone, why would they make a worse one later? Either there is something we don't know about Snake, or genes is just bullshit....

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post May 21st, 2006 04:13 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

And why Liquid thought that he got negative genes?

Old Post May 21st, 2006 04:16 PM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Hope this gets answered in MGS 4

Old Post May 21st, 2006 04:25 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Liquid is the old clone? When was this stated? I believe they have the exact same age. Solid Snake was necessary to create Liquid Snake. In order to have Liquid with all of the dominant "soldier" genes they had to put the recessive "soldier" genes in Solid Snake. How does Solidus fit in all of this? He is the control. The one they kept untouched/unaltered in the experiment. The probability Solidus was the exact unaltered genetic copy of Big Boss explains why he began to deteriorate at a much rapid rate than Solid and Liquid.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 21st, 2006 10:17 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

If anything Soldus was the elder clone assuming what President Johnson told Raiden in SOL was true. Solidus Snake preceding Solid and Liquid in the Les Enfants Terible experiment.

Old Post May 21st, 2006 11:16 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

I don't know, I read it in a professional MGS quiz. I will look it up...

Then again, I thought MGS was to prove that genes had nothing to do with who you are, which pretty much proves that Snake was the better.

Solidus gotta be the worst fighter of the 3 brothers. He had a ****ing suit doing the job, still lost to Raiden.. He was president for a while too, but Solidus has nothing to do with this thread...

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 01:03 PM
Null

Solid was first then Liquid then Solidus...check wiki

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 01:06 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

I guess that quiz was wrong, I selected Snake and it was wrong, then I selected Liquid and that was right... It said professional, my ass.....

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 01:19 PM
Null

The Three Snakes
Solid Snake - Called Snake for short instead of Solid, due to the fact that he is the most known of the three Snakes as a result of his heroic actions as a FOXHOUND operative, and later as an independent agent. The clone who was raised in the U.S. became an agent of FOXHOUND. As a FOXHOUND agent, he defeated Big Boss in the Outer Heaven Crisis and later killing Big Boss in the Zanzibar Land Uprising (where Solid Snake learned that Big Boss was his "father"). After the events of Shadow Moses, he and Metal Gear REX designer, Hal Emmerich, along with Mei Ling, a Communications Expert who helped Snake during the Shadow Moses Incident (as well as invented the Codec and Radar which Snake, and later Raiden, use) and Nastasha Romanenko form Philanthropy - a group whose main objective is to prevent proliferation of Metal Gear-type weapons. His most known mission with Otacon in Philanthropy is the Tanker incident in 2007.

Liquid Snake - The second of the clones was raised in the U.K. He is commonly referred to simply as Liquid. He began harboring hatred towards Solid Snake, whom he believes to be the superior clone (Though it is later confirmed that Liquid was superior to Snake, still Snake manages to beat him in a hand-to-hand fight.) During the Shadow Moses Island incident, Liquid took over the nuclear disposal site where Metal Gear REX was being developed while serving as field commander of FOXHOUND. He was afflicted with the virus FOXDIE unknowingly by Solid Snake, which was made to attack people with specific genetic codes. Liquid was killed by the virus. Snake survived due to the wildcard value Naomi assigned to his incubation period, which still leaves him vulnerable to an outbreak at any random moment. Liquid was later revived as a consciousness dwelling inside Revolver Ocelot after Liquid's right arm was grafted unto Ocelot to replace the one he lost.

Solidus Snake - The third of the clones, he expressed a "perfect balance" of both recessive and dominant genes. As with Liquid, he is commonly referred to as Solidus. Solidus served as President of the U.S. during the Shadow Moses incident under the name George Sears. Later, he became the leader of a terrorist group known as The Sons of Liberty, in the Big Shell takeover. He was killed by his long lost foster son Raiden

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 01:25 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Yes, I said the quiz was most likley wrong after you two confirmed it.....

But I still don't see how genes could be to an advantage in a fight, if Snake got all of Big Boss recessive genes he would have lost to Big Boss himself, same with Liquid, but he defeated them both. Most likley it just has to do with traning and experience. (Not saying you said anything different, but just saying.....)

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 01:32 PM
Kai Lein
Restricted

Account Restricted

They were equally matched in strength but Liquid was dumb because he thoght he got the raw end of the deal and strained himself to much to be able to fight like snake. So Solid Snake definatly Wins.

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 02:08 PM
Kai Lein is currently offline Click here to Send Kai Lein a Private Message Find more posts by Kai Lein Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

About Wiki...it's useful, but not everything you find in it is 100% true.

Specially when President Johnson proves them wrong by saying Solidus preceded Solid and Liquid.

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 04:10 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Superboy, in preceeded, what do you mean?

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 05:42 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

pre·cede ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pr-sd)
v. pre·ced·ed, pre·ced·ing, pre·cedes
v. tr.
To come, exist, or occur before in time.
To be in a position in front of; go in advance of.
To preface; introduce: preceded her lecture with a funny anecdote.

v. intr.
To come or go before in time, order, or position.

Edit: Hope that clears it up.

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 09:26 PM
Null

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
About Wiki...it's useful, but not everything you find in it is 100% true.

Specially when President Johnson proves them wrong by saying Solidus preceded Solid and Liquid.
Solid snake is the star of the game eek! and I think I remember them saying it in mgs 1 or hmm. I dn I will watch teh cutscenes again.

Hmmm, Is there away to watch the cutscenes in part 3 by itself like in part 1(twin snakes) ?

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 10:13 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Not that I'm aware of. The line about Solidus preceding Solid and Liquid comes after Raiden finds the presicent, and before Ocelot guns the president down. In a codec conversation if I am not mistaken. While it's true Solid Snake is the star of the games, that doesn't mean he was created before Solidus.

Old Post May 23rd, 2006 06:22 AM