KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Doppelganger Match: Geese Howard

Doppelganger Match: Geese Howard
Started by: Major Snafu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Doppelganger Match: Geese Howard

Personally, I like Geese's CvSNK incarnation, but there are some folks out there that prefer the SNK version.

I pose this match: CvSNK Geese versus SvC Geese.

Which Geese is better?

Stage: Pao Pao Cafe (Fatal Fury 1)

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Last edited by Snafu the Great on Oct 5th, 2006 at 11:02 PM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 10:59 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

Tough desision, I don't know?

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 04:35 PM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

SVC Chaos version I think... that Geese does frigging huge amounts of damage, expecially with his EXEED. Plus, he gets an axtra DM to work with.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 05:55 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
SVC Chaos version I think... that Geese does frigging huge amounts of damage, expecially with his EXEED. Plus, he gets an axtra DM to work with.

I agree with you on several things.

Geese has been dealing mad damage in every game since Fatal Fury. Even in CvSNK2, he does riduculous damage (repeat Janekens for a custom combo, anyone?)

As with the other characters in CvSNK, Geese also has Level 3 invincibility, meaning that if you do a Level 3 super or its eqivalent, then you can still nail the opponent.

SNK Geese doesn't have that kind of invincibility, nor does anyone else in an SNK fighting game. You can do a desperation move and knock them out of it. I've also talked with KOF veterans and they say that they prefer Capcom Geese over SNK Geese, mainly because his moves come out better and he plays better than SNK Geese.

In an interesting sidenote in CvSNK, performing a High Body Counter while the opponent is performing a physical Super, Geese can counter (doesn't matter if the attack is high or low)

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 07:44 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Got that right. I've stopped things like Balrog's Crazy Buffalo and Blanka's electric roll super with the jodan atemi nage (high body counter). Tough call. My player instinct says CVS Geese because SVC is an inferior game. But SVC Geese does have some mad power and the Rashomon super. However, on a strict coolness and character potential basis, I'm sticking with the CVS Geese. There's really nothing in SVC to deal with Lvl. 3 invulnerability. That, and as Snafu says, Geese has more options in CVS2.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 12:43 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hwoarang
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks Rewmac !!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 07:50 PM
Hwoarang is currently offline Click here to Send Hwoarang a Private Message Find more posts by Hwoarang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

What a bunch of...

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 08:33 PM
Hwoarang
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing

Not happy eh ?

I know its very funny. But the A.I improves with the game so basically the latest always wins.

Thanks Rewmac !!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 08:38 PM
Hwoarang is currently offline Click here to Send Hwoarang a Private Message Find more posts by Hwoarang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Not true. With two players of equal skill, the capcom geese would win more often. The capcom geese didn't use the atemi nage once, nor did he use raging storm traps or even finish his deadly rave combo. He made several n00bish mistakes. The SVC geese used one move for most of the match, the ja-ei ken, which the capcom geese didn't counter with atemi nage once.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 08:55 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote