KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Skill tournament

Skill Tournament
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Cloud 1 12.50%
Link 0 0%
Lu Bu 3 37.50%
Sephiroth 1 12.50%
Squall 1 12.50%
Sora 0 0%
Tidus 0 0%
Xemnas 1 12.50%
Don't know or Care 1 12.50%
Total: 5 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Skill tournament
Started by: Kaled

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

Skill tournament

ok this is a tourment of SKILL, all the characters in this has had their strength reduced or increased to that of say...Clouds

Any special rules on their death or harm is also excused

also no magic (of course)

The first battle is between Squall and Link

The Second Battle is between Sephiroth and Lu Bu

The Third Battle is between Tidus and Xemnas

The Fourth battle is between Cloud and Sora

Last edited by DiffidentAngel on Oct 10th, 2006 at 12:12 AM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 12:07 AM
DiffidentAngel is currently offline Click here to Send DiffidentAngel a Private Message Find more posts by DiffidentAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Lu Bu. The only one of these bitches to actually have fought in wars, and widely renown as the strongest duelist in the three kingdoms era. He obviously has the skill edge.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 12:20 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

I'm going to have to agree with the preist... killing thousands of troops single handed and completely alone with nothing but a horse and a halberd tells me this guy has enough skill to stand alone here.

Reference to this impressive Kill count is Legend of Lu Bu, the battle of Hu Lao gate on DW4 XL. This is what he did before finally withdrawing after fighting to a stalemate with Liu Bei, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei simultaneously.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Last edited by Darkstorm Zero on Oct 10th, 2006 at 12:29 AM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 12:27 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

aye true but his incredible strength was the key to such an accomplishment, skilll couldn't have done it all alone.
sephiroth fought in a war too, before cloud join SOILDER remeber? he was also a legend in the war "yes, sephiroth he was good, perhaps too good"
although i'm not disagreeing with you the others has demonstrated great skill with a blade remeber,

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 07:30 AM
DiffidentAngel is currently offline Click here to Send DiffidentAngel a Private Message Find more posts by DiffidentAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Sephiroth had superhuman abilities and mako enhancement. I have yet to see a single iota of skill in his abilities. I see incredible power and speed, and some sword skill, but little or no martial arts ability. Lu Bu was renowned as the greatest duelist of the age, not just because he was strong, but also because he fought against other living legends like Guan Yu and for his technical skill. He was a master archer and could defeat even 3 master warriors at once. That is not just strength, that is skill honed over a lifetime.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 07:47 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

sephiroth didn't have mako enchancement, it was a mark as opposed to a tattoo or whatever, and i want most definatly skillful, you've senn on AC how fast he can be when he wants to, plus the lengh of the long sowrd gives him a power advantage as it would swing harder due to it being longer.

but i voted to lu bu too so i honestly don't care ^^ was a pain to unlock in the third one though, don't you think?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 07:53 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

He's a huge pain to fight at any point in DW. The CPU version is insane and the player version isn't much weaker.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 06:01 PM
Kayne Archeron

Sephiroth had enhancements, but he also was trained his whole life as a soldier. from the day he came out of the womb to the day he went insane, it was training, training, training. i'd say Seph could take Lu Bu anyday

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 04:42 AM
Kayne Archeron is currently offline Click here to Send Kayne Archeron a Private Message Find more posts by Kayne Archeron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

It's one thing to use military training, it's another to use martial arts training. And Sephiroth had access to magic, and he wasn't human to begin with. Sephiroth didn't really have any peers and his world was more advanced than ancient china. Lu Bu fought against peers who were considered great fighters in their own right and Sephiroth was also stronger than normal people. On an even footing, I don't think he can win.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 05:35 AM
Darkstorm Zero

On even footing, I think Lu Bu takes it. Sephiroth is a cunning magic user, no doubt, but in a straight up one on one combat scenario with no metahuman or superhuman capability, I have no doubts about Lu Bu.

It took Pang De, Xu Huang, Lu Meng, Lu Xun and Cao Ren to kill Guan Yu, and Guan Yu was only one 3rd of what it took to make Lu Bu withdraw.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 12:06 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
On even footing, I think Lu Bu takes it. Sephiroth is a cunning magic user, no doubt, but in a straight up one on one combat scenario with no metahuman or superhuman capability, I have no doubts about Lu Bu.

It took Pang De, Xu Huang, Lu Meng, Lu Xun and Cao Ren to kill Guan Yu, and Guan Yu was only one 3rd of what it took to make Lu Bu withdraw.

are you taking into account how darn quick Sephiroth was in AC, that was alot faster than Lu Bu to be fair, plus he's got the range advantage, its not all set n' go, but i won't deny it is my opinion its 45-55 in Lu Bu's favour

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 12:24 AM
Darkstorm Zero

Oh Seph is fast, but the inhumanly fast part is gone if we strip his inhuman powers away, the only adantage Seph would have is a longer cutting edge to his weapon, Reach, overall power and combat experiance and know-how belong to Lu Bu, by several orders of magnitude.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 12:34 AM
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

Re: Skill tournament

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kaled
all the characters in this has had their strength reduced or increased to that of say...Clouds

no, clouds that fast too, and so is Lu Bu, they are of equeal strength and speed, i didn't feel the need to mention that because how fast you can move something usually depends on your muscles, but now i see the reflex thingy so i'd better say.

Who voted for Xemnas?... actully he's the only one with 2 weapons, and he's pretty skillful in KH2, ladies and gentlemen we have a new contender

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 12:41 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

HA! Xemnas? That's a worse joke than saying Tidus should win. Xemnas was not human either and had superhuman abilities. Plus, he was being strengthened by his surroundings. IMO, the only way Lu Bu could lose is in a handicap match with 2 or 3 against 1, but since he stalemated with Guan Yu, Liu Bei and Zhang Fei, I think he might even win then.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 01:15 AM
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

no Xenmas wasn't he's a nobody happy and he talks to a giant heart...... hmm, werido

anyways, Xenams is a skillful bugger, he shouldn't be written off this, its likely he'd lose, but its far from certain

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 01:20 AM