KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Sephiroth Vs. Kefka Palazzo

Sephiroth Vs. Kefka
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Sephiroth 4 36.36%
Kefka 7 63.64%
Screw it, who cares? 0 0%
Both dead by exploding planet 0 0%
Total: 11 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sephiroth Vs. Kefka Palazzo
Started by: TricksterPriest

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Sephiroth Vs. Kefka Palazzo

Sephiroth tumbles through a portal after being defeated by Cloud. He lands in front of a huge tower constructed of rubble and debris. Miraculously, he has retained his full power and Safer Sephiroth form. Just then a massive power surge is felt from the top of the tower. Sephiroth climbs the tower and reaches the top. Kefka spots him and decides to deal with the intruder.

I can't stand Sephiroth, that's pretty well known. So I put him against one of my all time favorite Final Fantasy villains, everybody's favorite megalomanical nutcase, Kefka from FF6.

Sephiroth, well not much needs to be said. He's in his strongest form, Safer Sephiroth. All abilities and skills.

Kefka is in his most powerful form as well, the one from the end of FF6. He has his full power as the god and source of magic for the entire world.

The setting is the top of Kefka's tower. No matter who wins, one thing's for sure. There goes the neighborhood..... laughing out loud

Kefka vs. Sephiroth. Ready....., FIGHT!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 10:25 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

Sephiroth wouldn't need to climb he flies.

Sephiroth is superior to the admitidly very awesome Kefka in all ways, bar one. Kefka is better at dying

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 10:31 PM
DiffidentAngel is currently offline Click here to Send DiffidentAngel a Private Message Find more posts by DiffidentAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mesirus
Infomation Trafficer

Re: Sephiroth Vs. Kefka Palazzo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Sephiroth tumbles through a portal after being defeated by Cloud. He lands in front of a huge tower constructed of rubble and debris. Miraculously, he has retained his full power and Safer Sephiroth form. Just then a massive power surge is felt from the top of the tower. Sephiroth climbs the tower and reaches the top. Kefka spots him and decides to deal with the intruder.

I can't stand Sephiroth, that's pretty well known. So I put him against one of my all time favorite Final Fantasy villains, everybody's favorite megalomanical nutcase, Kefka from FF6.

Sephiroth, well not much needs to be said. He's in his strongest form, Safer Sephiroth. All abilities and skills.

Kefka is in his most powerful form as well, the one from the end of FF6. He has his full power as the god and source of magic for the entire world.

The setting is the top of Kefka's tower. No matter who wins, one thing's for sure. There goes the neighborhood..... laughing out loud

Kefka vs. Sephiroth. Ready....., FIGHT!

hahaha you either live up seph's arse, or you hate him but don't have a clue about his power.

Sephiroth wins, this should be closed for being one sided

Auron: Heh, no wonder no one wants to die.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2006 11:30 PM
Mesirus is currently offline Click here to Send Mesirus a Private Message Find more posts by Mesirus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Well, seeing as Kefka actually achieved his goal and destroyed/ruled the world. Kefka may be more powerful.

Regardless, Kefka is a much better villain.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2006 11:37 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mesirus
Infomation Trafficer

er...... thats a longshot, sephiroth does have the most powerful attack any game has ever seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye0d...ted&search=

is he? sephiroth is insane, mysterious, treachous and powerful that ticks all the boxes on best villian..... there should be a thread

Old Post Oct 15th, 2006 11:49 PM
Mesirus is currently offline Click here to Send Mesirus a Private Message Find more posts by Mesirus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Mesirus
er...... thats a longshot, sephiroth does have the most powerful attack any game has ever seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye0d...ted&search=

is he? sephiroth is insane, mysterious, treachous and powerful that ticks all the boxes on best villian..... there should be a thread

Most powerful attack?

Fallen one.

Nuff Said.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 15th, 2006 11:50 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

More evidence that Sephiroth is just overrated.

He's your typical anime villian, brooding, quiet, mysterious, but with some sense of reason behind what he's doing. He's not really developed to the point where you hate him, he just has his own ideals tnat invovle ending the world, he's insane and thinks what he's doing is correct. He's not that hateable, which is backed up by so many people liking him or thinking that he's cool.

Kefka, on the other hand, has no deeper meaning behind his villainous acts. He's simply and purely evil. He just wants control, and he doesn't care how or what has to be destroyed to get it. In all my years of playing games he's the most well developed villain, and the end of the game you truly hate him, he's vile and disgusting with no redeaming value at all. He's the epitome of hate and evil.

When I say who the best villain is, it's not based on something as shallow as who's the most powerful, it's the one who does their job the best. The one who builds up the most tension between himself and our heroes. In this regard, Kefka stands alone.

And yes, Fallen one is an immensely powerful attack, on par with anything Sephiroth has.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 12:13 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mesirus
Infomation Trafficer

Originally posted by Soljer
Most powerful attack?

Fallen one.

Nuff Said.

never heard of it, link it

Originally posted by BackFire
More evidence that Sephiroth is just overrated.

He's your typical anime villian, brooding, quiet, mysterious, but with some sense of reason behind what he's doing. He's not really developed to the point where you hate him, he just has his own ideals tnat invovle ending the world, he's insane and thinks what he's doing is correct. He's not that hateable, which is backed up by so many people liking him or thinking that he's cool.

Kefka, on the other hand, has no deeper meaning behind his villainous acts. He's simply and purely evil. He just wants control, and he doesn't care how or what has to be destroyed to get it. In all my years of playing games he's the most well developed villain, and the end of the game you truly hate him, he's vile and disgusting with no redeaming value at all. He's the epitome of hate and evil.

When I say who the best villain is, it's not based on something as shallow as who's the most powerful, it's the one who does their job the best. The one who builds up the most tension between himself and our heroes. In this regard, Kefka stands alone.

And yes, Fallen one is an immensely powerful attack, on par with anything Sephiroth has.

Hmmm dark element from Dark Chronicle is the bets at that.

Spehiroth did burning down cliud and tifa's home town and family, has been the cause of cloud, tifa, vincents and cait sith's suffering, but since i'm blind when its comes to story line on Kefka i have to intell to shut my mouth

Super nova is an awesome attack, heartless angel and shadow flare so kick ass attacks, he's on the brink of being unbeatable, all the video's you see on people beating him there have been cheats used or most of the battle deleted, he takes like half an hour to bring down even when at all lvl 99's

at the moment i'm doubting its even in Super Nova's league, but i'm a ready to be impressed

Last edited by Mesirus on Oct 16th, 2006 at 12:18 AM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 12:13 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Where do you think Sin harvest and heartless angel came from? Kefka's fallen one, that's where. That was, to my knowledge, the first time Squaresoft had a villain with an attack like that. An attack that reduces you to 1hp regardless of stats, bonuses, spells, or equipment. There is no way to block it or avoid it. You don't even get to fight Kefka right away. You have to fight 3 bosses in a row, all of whom are very difficult, just to get to him. And he's more powerful than all of those 3 combined. And the 3 bosses you fight? They're the incarnations of the 3 godesses of magic for the entire world. AND KEFKA NOT ONLY BEAT THEM, HE ABSORBED ALL THEIR POWERS. He literally became the god of magic. Sephiroth has pretensions of god-hood. Guess what, Kefka IS AN ACTUAL GOD.

And finally, the characters in FF6 are far more powerful than the ones in FF7. In terms of abilities and magic. In magic, you are limited by the materia you have equipped in FF7. In FF6, theoretically, you can have every character in your party know every spell in the game with no restrictions. Ability-wise, FF7 has limit breaks. FF6 has unique skills. Such as mimic, which copies the last action with no additional cost. Or blitz, where you input street fighter style moves for high damage. Or runic, which blocks spells and gives mp to the character Celes. Anything you can think of FF7, 6 probably got to it first. And 6 did have limit breaks, albeit not as powerful. And with all that, Kefka was still immensely difficult. So yeah, I'm pretty sure Sephiroth is out-classed.

Oh and you asked for a link? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhwMEcceVJw

Enjoy. smokin'

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 12:44 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mesirus
Infomation Trafficer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye0dJhSH_LU

sephiroth heartless angel reduces health and mana to 0 no expression so thats improved.

yeah similar with seph, you fight ultimate jenova, bizzaro seph, safer seph (waaaaay the hardest) and then cloud omnislash normal seph for WTFPWN. Though most people who i know that played FF7 to the end even at full 99, could never beat safer seph

well my friend who learnt japanese just to play all of the FF's says sephiroth was the hardest and most powerful of all the ff bosses you thats my source.... whats yours?

nonetheless i'l ask him about it, but until then i am forced to believe sephiroth is like kefka 2.0

Last edited by Mesirus on Oct 16th, 2006 at 12:50 AM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 12:44 AM
BackFire

You can one shot kill sephiroth with knights of the round or Omnislash.

Kefka did not go down in one hit. Even when you had characters maxed out it was still a challenge. Sephiroth was incredibly easy to beat. the first time I played through the game, i got none of my characters higher than level 77 and had no trouble destroying Sephiroth.

And my source? Playing all the FF games first hand. Sephiroth is in no way the most difficult boss. That's nonsense. The fact that you can one shot kill him defeats that theory right off the bat.

Anyways, all the things you mentioned, how he destroyed Cloud's hometown and what not, is all well and good. The problem lies in the fact that he simply disapeared from the story for a long while and is never heard from. Kefka was always at the forefront of the problems in FFVI. And his acts of evil far outweigh Sephs, from poisoning the water supply and killing Cyans wife and child, to achieving his goal of taking over the world and destroying it, he's unmatched in the FF universe as far as evil goes.

But don't get me wrong, Sephiroth is an outstanding villain, I'd easily place him second or third among villains in the final fantasy series, I just think he's a tad overrated for what he is/does.

Last edited by BackFire on Oct 16th, 2006 at 01:28 AM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 01:25 AM
Mesirus
Infomation Trafficer

You can one shot kill sephiroth with knights of the round or Omnislash.
i couldn't sad

Kefka did not go down in one hit. Even when you had characters maxed out it was still a challenge. Sephiroth was incredibly easy to beat. the first time I played through the game, i got none of my characters higher than level 77 and had no trouble destroying Sephiroth.
no your vid show'd hew was a right handful, as i say i'l have a word when i see him next.

And my source? Playing all the FF games first hand. Sephiroth is in no way the most difficult boss. That's nonsense. The fact that you can one shot kill him defeats that theory right off the bat.
you did?? it took me 7 knights of the round to kill him and i was lvl 99 sad where you from? i'm from england, maybe the versions vary

Anyways, all the things you mentioned, how he destroyed Cloud's hometown and what not, is all well and good. The problem lies in the fact that he simply disapeared from the story for a long while and is never heard from. Kefka was always at the forefront of the problems in FFVI. And his acts of evil far outweigh Sephs, from poisoning the water supply and killing Cyans wife and child, to achieving his goal of taking over the world and destroying it, he's unmatched in the FF universe as far as evil goes.
i suppose its to do with what makes the perfect villain, sephiroth very birth cause peoples lives to be ruined, i perfered sephiroth villainess, the way he pops back into the picture, and how the world was recovering when it had seemed he'd gone. I aslo loved the fact that he held a power over cloud that you didn't know what it was till near the end. mind you argueably Hojo was a bigger villianm but then jenova... its hard ^^ FF7 has 4 big villains in it, hard to say whos the most villainious, i mean seph the main sure, but still. i can easily see why kefka maybe perferrred

But don't get me wrong, Sephiroth is an outstanding villain, I'd easily place him second or third among villains in the final fantasy series, I just think he's a tad overrated for what he is/does.
wouldn;t dream of, there are only a few bad villains

Last edited by Mesirus on Oct 16th, 2006 at 01:42 AM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 01:39 AM
Soljer
Beware my Power

i couldn't sad

no your vid show'd hew was a right handful, as i say i'l have a word when i see him next.

you did?? it took me 7 knights of the round to kill him and i was lvl 99 sad where you from? i'm from england, maybe the versions vary

i suppose its to do with what makes the perfect villain, sephiroth very birth cause peoples lives to be ruined, i perfered sephiroth villainess, the way he pops back into the picture, and how the world was recovering when it had seemed he'd gone. I aslo loved the fact that he held a power over cloud that you didn't know what it was till near the end. mind you argueably Hojo was a bigger villianm but then jenova... its hard ^^ FF7 has 4 big villains in it, hard to say whos the most villainious, i mean seph the main sure, but still. i can easily see why kefka maybe perferrred

wouldn;t dream of, there are only a few bad villains

It is common knowledge that Sephiroth's power scales a bit. I don't remember the exact numbers, but he MUCH more powerful if the average party level is 99..versus say....95.

But between 70-95 its about the same. And He's even easier if you're between like 40-70.

In fact, a NUMBER of people have complteted 7 with an average party level of...like...26. So there goes that theory.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Soljer on Oct 16th, 2006 at 03:01 AM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 02:57 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Looked it up. For each level 99 character you have, Safer Sephiroth will have an additional THIRTY THOUSAND Hit points, and a bit more attack/defense/etc.

For EACH.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 03:05 AM
Mesirus
Infomation Trafficer

After talking with my friend he says that sephiroth is harder than kefka. lvl 99 is the level most people fight him and its his power limit, using the argument that because you were a lower level means you didn't fight all of sephiroths wrath.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 04:28 PM
Raxarus

Where do you think Sin harvest and heartless angel came from? Kefka's fallen one, that's where. That was, to my knowledge, the first time Squaresoft had a villain with an attack like that. An attack that reduces you to 1hp regardless of stats, bonuses, spells, or equipment. There is no way to block it or avoid it. You don't even get to fight Kefka right away. You have to fight 3 bosses in a row, all of whom are very difficult, just to get to him. And he's more powerful than all of those 3 combined. And the 3 bosses you fight? They're the incarnations of the 3 godesses of magic for the entire world. AND KEFKA NOT ONLY BEAT THEM, HE ABSORBED ALL THEIR POWERS. He literally became the god of magic. Sephiroth has pretensions of god-hood. Guess what, Kefka IS AN ACTUAL GOD.

Magus was squaresofts first majorly powerful enemy

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 05:11 PM
Raxarus is currently offline Click here to Send Raxarus a Private Message Find more posts by Raxarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

And finally, the characters in FF6 are far more powerful than the ones in FF7. In terms of abilities and magic. In magic, you are limited by the materia you have equipped in FF7. In FF6, theoretically, you can have every character in your party know every spell in the game with no restrictions. Ability-wise, FF7 has limit breaks. FF6 has unique skills. Such as mimic, which copies the last action with no additional cost. Or blitz, where you input street fighter style moves for high damage. Or runic, which blocks spells and gives mp to the character Celes. Anything you can think of FF7, 6 probably got to it first. And 6 did have limit breaks, albeit not as powerful. And with all that, Kefka was still immensely difficult. So yeah, I'm pretty sure Sephiroth is out-classed.
Ok is Kefka is so much strong why isn't he the world famous one? Sephiroths power transcends god-hood, his power could not even be broken by life force. Most poeple think sephiroth was a way tougher boss when you play the game fully, e.i killing the weapons, you usually end up about lvl 97 by the time you fight sephiroth, so the idea he's piss easy means you didn't play the game properly and thus opinion counts for nothing, its like says Link (OoT) vs Squall but its link before you complete the first boss.

ok so its http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhwMEcceVJw

VS

sephiroth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkFphJHi608

Last edited by DiffidentAngel on Oct 16th, 2006 at 06:12 PM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 06:08 PM
DiffidentAngel is currently offline Click here to Send DiffidentAngel a Private Message Find more posts by DiffidentAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Uhhmm...I've beaten the entire game quite a few times, including doing some low level runs/speed runs/solo character runs/etc.

It is FAR from impossible to beat the game (and the weapons) at level 30.

Besides that, most people don't actively get to level 99 unless they are A. Anal, B. Cheat or C. REALLY suck at the game. It just isn't required. The first time I played through the game, I think I beat it around level 70 or so (so many years ago, >_< )

So, seriously, unless you were just so terrible at the game that you needed to max out everything to even compete, quit acting like Sephiroth was really that hard. He wasn't. Hell, the weapons were harder, and even they weren't too difficult.

Kefka's only minus in this fight is his lack of popularity. Beyond that? Sephiroth had the power of a god. Kefka had the power of three. He embodied ALL magic - Sephiroth embodied the dark magic.

Kefka wins this. Sephiroth would shit his pants at the mere sound of Kefka's laughter.

EDIT: One last thing, we REALLY shouldn't base character's stats off of the game mechanics - it gets tricky. What about the games where 999 was the highest possible damage? Should we immediately assume that all the newer characters are over ten times as powerful? It should honestly be power based on the story. And Based on the story, Kefka would definitely come out ahead - even if he may have had less total hit points, based on sheer game mechanics.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 06:24 PM
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye0dJhSH_LU

sephiroth heartless angel reduces health and mana to 0 no expression so thats improved.

yeah similar with seph, you fight ultimate jenova, bizzaro seph, safer seph (waaaaay the hardest) and then cloud omnislash normal seph for WTFPWN. Though most people who i know that played FF7 to the end even at full 99, could never beat safer seph

well my friend who learnt japanese just to play all of the FF's says sephiroth was the hardest and most powerful of all the ff bosses you thats my source.... whats yours?

nonetheless i'l ask him about it, but until then i am forced to believe sephiroth is like kefka 2.0
I wouldn't call Super nova a canon attack since he uses it multiple times which would mean the galaxy was blown to bits multiple times and if Super nova was that powerfull then he wouldn't need to use Meteor in the first place so it's most likely an illutionary attack since it doesn't instatnly kill anyone of Cloud's gang or Seph for that matter and that their planet is still there after getting swallowed by the sun.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 06:24 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

Originally posted by Soljer
Uhhmm...I've beaten the entire game quite a few times, including doing some low level runs/speed runs/solo character runs/etc.

It is FAR from impossible to beat the game (and the weapons) at level 30.

Besides that, most people don't actively get to level 99 unless they are A. Anal, B. Cheat or C. REALLY suck at the game. It just isn't required. The first time I played through the game, I think I beat it around level 70 or so (so many years ago, >_< )

So, seriously, unless you were just so terrible at the game that you needed to max out everything to even compete, quit acting like Sephiroth was really that hard. He wasn't. Hell, the weapons were harder, and even they weren't too difficult.

Kefka's only minus in this fight is his lack of popularity. Beyond that? Sephiroth had the power of a god. Kefka had the power of three. He embodied ALL magic - Sephiroth embodied the dark magic.

Kefka wins this. Sephiroth would shit his pants at the mere sound of Kefka's laughter.
er actully you must suck at it, all the bosses scale, so if you level higher they get tougher, do it again and you'l see what i mean.

oh and plus

Originally posted by Kaled
the idea he's piss easy means you didn't play the game properly and thus opinion counts for nothing, its like says Link (OoT) vs Squall but its link before you complete the first boss.

annd icejaw

Originally posted by IceJaw
I wouldn't call Super nova a canon attack since he uses it multiple times which would mean the galaxy was blown to bits multiple times and if Super nova was that powerfull then he wouldn't need to use Meteor in the first place so it's most likely an illutionary attack since it doesn't instatnly kill anyone of Cloud's gang or Seph for that matter and that their planet is still there after getting swallowed by the sun.

its more out of disbelief of the power, it is just a huge fire attack. Sides sephiroth with all of his powers erm

EDIT: EDIT: One last thing, we REALLY shouldn't base character's stats off of the game mechanics - it gets tricky. What about the games where 999 was the highest possible damage? Should we immediately assume that all the newer characters are over ten times as powerful? It should honestly be power based on the story. And Based on the story, Kefka would definitely come out ahead - even if he may have had less total hit points, based on sheer game mechanics.

if i implied that i take it back, because all games run on different point levels, so most of the fights in the VS forums would be wrong

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 06:30 PM