KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Geese Howard vs. Shang Tsung

Geese Howard Vs. Shang Tsung
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Geese Howard "Daiyabo (uncouth)" 2 33.33%
Shang Tsung "Your soul is mine..." 4 66.67%
Screw it, who cares? 0 0%
Double KO 0 0%
Total: 6 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Geese Howard vs. Shang Tsung
Started by: TricksterPriest

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Geese Howard vs. Shang Tsung

A friend suggested this matchup to me and I thought I'd try it.

We all know how good Geese is, and Shang Tsung is just as legendary in MK circles.

As for why, let's say that Shang is looking to eat Geese's soul and acquire his techniques. Geese is naturally annoyed at anybody muscling in on his turf. Shang demonstrates his powers by defeating Billy Kane and eating his soul. Geese, enraged, jumps up from behind his desk and gets into a stance. It's on.

Geese: CVS2 version
Shang Tsung: MK: DA version. I'd use armageddon, but I don't have the game or know enough about any changes made to the character.

Edit: Shang Tsung cannot eat Geese's soul unless he wins.
In the words of Mills Lane: "Let's get it on!"

Last edited by TricksterPriest on Oct 23rd, 2006 at 09:19 PM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 09:17 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Aw, crap, I wanted to do this one. Oh well.

This is a tough one. Unless you were using the older versions of Shang, who could morph into other characters, then Geese would have a problem.

I got my money on Mr. Howard. All he has to do is wait for Shang to screw up, then he'll Deadly Rave or Raging Storm him back to Outworld.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 09:24 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OzzieArcane

I'm the one who suggested this mainly because Geese/Krauser remind me of Shang Tsung/Shao Kahn. But I have to go with Shang on this for a few reasons. I remember all the characters from Fatal Fury but I don't know alot about how strong they are supposed to be plotwise, but Liu Kang was a very accomplished fighter who had beaten Shang, Kintaro, and Shao Kahn(twice). Why doesn't Liu Kang matter in this? In Deadly Alliance Shang Tsung had stolen Liu Kang's soul. I don't believe Shang absorbing someone's soul makes him as strong as they were but that has to count for something.

Also even though you didn't say this was Armaggedon, in the Armaggedon intro Shang faired the best out of pretty much everyone in an all out battle royal. I don't really know how well Geese would have faired in that kind of environment.

I think even if Geese is somehow more powerful then Shang, Shang has more tricks up his sleeve to turn the fight in his favor. I don't know if this counts towards the argument but I don't think Shang ever lost the ability to morph. I think they just took it out of the gameplay because they wanted him to be unique. Infact I know he didn't because he was disguised as Kung Lao in the intro to DA.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 10:05 PM
OzzieArcane is currently offline Click here to Send OzzieArcane a Private Message Find more posts by OzzieArcane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Liu Kang is nowhere near Geese Howard's level. Even with morph, it's still something of a mismatch.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 10:28 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Not sure, Tsung is pretty tricky, and he is a snake. He can not only steal souls, but READ into the soul, and know what his foe will do next.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 01:25 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Joker1237
Not sure, Tsung is pretty tricky, and he is a snake. He can not only steal souls, but READ into the soul, and know what his foe will do next.

No, Shang looks into one's soul and uses their fears against them. Example: Shang was fighting Terry, he would play the guilty card over his father's death.

If it was the Fatal Fury anime, then Shang would really mess with his head concerning the deaths of Tung Fu Rue, Lily and Sulia.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 02:02 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

That won't work on Geese. His style is pure evil, plus, the man is nearly immortal. I'm not sure he has fears....

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 03:55 AM
Joker1237

I recall a fight Shang had with a guy called the Temple master from that MK Begins Cartoon for the first movie. (Runs about 22 mins, it was pretty good for a low money made thing)

Shang battles the Temple Master, and Raiden said, It was as IF Shange could look into the Temple Master's very soul and predicted his next move. OF course the Temple Master try to clear his mind, but that did not work. Shang could have tell when a punch, kick, what ever was going to happen before the guy thrown the punch.

Shang is tricky of course, and sneaky, and down right dirty at times in fighting.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 04:56 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shang would steal his soul. I vote for Tsung.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 01:12 PM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Shang would win IMO. And for the record Liu Kang is no pushover. It took the team up of Quan Chi and Shang Tsung--infamous deadly alliance--to kill the Shaolin warrior. Not even the Emperor was a match for them. Too bad I never played the MK games after DA.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 06:32 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Kang has been called Earth's greatness hero and warrior in MKDA.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 07:16 PM
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Shang would win IMO. And for the record Liu Kang is no pushover. It took the team up of Quan Chi and Shang Tsung--infamous deadly alliance--to kill the Shaolin warrior. Not even the Emperor was a match for them. Too bad I never played the MK games after DA.

Shang and Quan didn't kill Shao Kahn. Kahn was still weakened from his past battles so he created a decoy in his place. So the D.A. offed the false Kahn without being the wiser.

Last edited by Snafu the Great on Oct 24th, 2006 at 08:59 PM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 08:52 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I think Shang could beat Geese, but I think Geese beat Liu who beat Shang.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 01:34 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I think Shang could beat Geese, but I think Geese beat Liu who beat Shang.

true, but theres often a traingle or other shape that says that A can beat B who can beat C who can beat A......if you get me

for example, Cloud can beat Link who can beat Gannon who can beat Cloud... just for examples sake

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 06:04 PM
DiffidentAngel is currently offline Click here to Send DiffidentAngel a Private Message Find more posts by DiffidentAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote