KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » FF7 vs FF6

FF7 vs FF6
Started by: Kaled

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

FF7 vs FF6

Ok the top 5 from each, so thats

Barret
Cloud
RedXIII
Sephiroth
Vincent

(if i have made a mistake please point me out)

VS

Cyan
Edgar
Kefka
Sabin
Terra

(if i have made a mistake please point me out)

Ok what i want to state is that Sephiroth and Kefka, i want use them before they went evil, so no attacks and/or power that they devloped after that point.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 09:46 PM
DiffidentAngel is currently offline Click here to Send DiffidentAngel a Private Message Find more posts by DiffidentAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Kefka before he was evil? laughing

Anyways, I'd say that Cyan COULD beat cloud, but it'd likely be a draw.

Edgar could take Vincent.

Terra could morph and take Barret.

And Sabin pretty much takes anyone he's pit against.

Though, I doubt non-evil Kefka would ever win of Sephiroth. Before Sephiroth went evil, he was still the best combatant the world had known up to that point (to be later surpassed by cloud). Kefka....was just an advisor. He went evil after an experiment to imbue him with magicite. Without that experiment, he really isn't much of a challenge. He'd be obliterated. erm.

FF6 Heros could take FF7's. Evil Kefka could take Evil Sephiroth. Good Kefka gets steam rolled by....anyone.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 12:10 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

what if vincent went chaos?? i think that'd make a fair bit of difference..

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 10:49 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Soljer
Kefka before he was evil? laughing

Anyways, I'd say that Cyan COULD beat cloud, but it'd likely be a draw.

Edgar could take Vincent.

Terra could morph and take Barret.

And Sabin pretty much takes anyone he's pit against.

Though, I doubt non-evil Kefka would ever win of Sephiroth. Before Sephiroth went evil, he was still the best combatant the world had known up to that point (to be later surpassed by cloud). Kefka....was just an advisor. He went evil after an experiment to imbue him with magicite. Without that experiment, he really isn't much of a challenge. He'd be obliterated. erm.

FF6 Heros could take FF7's. Evil Kefka could take Evil Sephiroth. Good Kefka gets steam rolled by....anyone.

hmm, i think cyan whould gets his ass kicked by Cloud, i know he's more often than not overestimated, but he would definatly beat cyan

Yeah Chaos vincent would more than be a match for Edgar i'd guess confused surely?

befre he gets shot?? thats a long shot laughing out loud

Sabin, perhaps the most overestimated character who i don't really like because of it. RedXIII could take him, Cosmo memory FTW

Evil Kefka vs evil Sephiroth would belittle the others fight, so who else if not Kefka?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 03:39 PM
DiffidentAngel is currently offline Click here to Send DiffidentAngel a Private Message Find more posts by DiffidentAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
looldude

i think ff6 would win

ff7 has cloud and vincent, however, ff6 has more..

kefka can kill off sephiroth

sabin and edgar over most of the people.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 07:39 PM
looldude is currently offline Click here to Send looldude a Private Message Find more posts by looldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Sabin? Overrated? What the hell are you on? If anything, many of the FF6 characters (and by many, I mean ALL) are underrated. Cause their attacks weren't flashy or cool, since they were SNES era.

Regardless, the FF6 characters, in lieu of the story, impressed me more than the seven characters ever did.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 05:47 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

Sabin? Overrated? What the hell are you on? If anything, many of the FF6 characters (and by many, I mean ALL) are underrated. Cause their attacks weren't flashy or cool, since they were SNES era.

Regardless, the FF6 characters, in lieu of the story, impressed me more than the seven characters ever did.

you made up your mind before you even entered the thread is my bet.

There is insufficent evidence to suggest FF6 is underrated

Originally posted by looldude
i think ff6 would win

ff7 has cloud and vincent, however, ff6 has more..

kefka can kill off sephiroth

sabin and edgar over most of the people.

sephiroth pre-evil WTFPWNS pre-evil kefka

edgar is no match for chaos vincent

Sabin is dead meat after the 2 seconds it will take sephiroth to kill kefka

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 05:45 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Kaled
you made up your mind before you even entered the thread is my bet.

There is insufficent evidence to suggest FF6 is underrated

What the f**k? You made up your mind before even creating the THREAD. Don't give me this 'biased' crap. Fact is, Final Fantasy 6 is underrated, and underestimated, and you simply aren't giving it's character's their due.

Besides, there is PLENTY of evidence to not only suggest, but validate the idea that FF6 is underestimated.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 04:02 AM
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

What the f**k? You made up your mind before even creating the THREAD. Don't give me this 'biased' crap. Fact is, Final Fantasy 6 is underrated, and underestimated, and you simply aren't giving it's character's their due.

Besides, there is PLENTY of evidence to not only suggest, but validate the idea that FF6 is underestimated.

if that were true why would i waste my time making this thread? thats just a lame comeback because you know i'm right.

FF6 cannot win anywhere as easdily as your making out, if at all, for example, show my evidence that cyan would beat cloud, i''ve heard that said many times, i want to find the scource of that logic. and who's going to beat Sephiroth?? even pre evil he's well beyond the likes of Sabin and edgar

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 11:15 AM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Kaled
if that were true why would i waste my time making this thread? thats just a lame comeback because you know i'm right.

FF6 cannot win anywhere as easdily as your making out, if at all, for example, show my evidence that cyan would beat cloud, i''ve heard that said many times, i want to find the scource of that logic. and who's going to beat Sephiroth?? even pre evil he's well beyond the likes of Sabin and edgar

Pre-evil? He was level 50, had a pitiful attack, and only had a few materia to his name. How is that below Edgar or Sabin, who are each EASILY capable of well beyond pre-evil Sephiroth's abilities?

Besides, I'm not using that 'lame comeback' as an excuse - you aren't right. But look at your posts. You've said time and time again that you think the FF7 characters are well beyond their FF6 counterparts. You made this thread in spite, hoping that the only reaction would be "FF7 stomps them!"

Whatever.

Besides, I never said Cyan would beat Cloud. I said he was capable of it. I also said they'd likely draw, based on their showings from each of the games.

Sabin, as much as you'd like to think he's overrated, is very much underestimated on this forum, and could likely take ANY of the opposing team one on one. Sephiroth included. Pre-evil, he's nothing to ANY of the FF6 or 7 characters at their peak.

Hell, Aerith at her peak could take 'good' sephiroth hand to hand and come out on top.

Get over yourself, FF7 fanboy.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 03:30 AM
Kayne Archeron

Sabin definately isn't overrated, considering he was pretty much the most vital fighter you could get in your team

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 06:44 AM
Kayne Archeron is currently offline Click here to Send Kayne Archeron a Private Message Find more posts by Kayne Archeron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aranwe Valuin

You say Sephiroth and Cloud would be defeated by one of the others as if it was a simple matter, but I think you underestimate them. Even if Cloud did kill Sephiroth and Sephiroth always messes around. Say both were at the peak of their power giving it their all ready to die, what about that? And I don't mean AFTER Sephiroth gained power, I just mean if he got really pissed with the whole adrenaline and all that. And Vincent? For f*ck sake man... if Chaos can take down Omega WEAPON then what chance do they stand with the combined forces of the others? Now, that's just my opinion... feel free to give your own. But you never said there were any limits, so Chaos would be a serious advantage.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 09:01 AM
Aranwe Valuin is currently offline Click here to Send Aranwe Valuin a Private Message Find more posts by Aranwe Valuin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

if vincent can go chaos this goes to the ff7 team, if not, ff6 erm

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 10:20 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

i knida thought limits went without saying

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 11:30 AM
Kayne Archeron

Vincent's got Chaos, but Terra's got Esper form. still gotcha there

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 02:52 PM
Kayne Archeron is currently offline Click here to Send Kayne Archeron a Private Message Find more posts by Kayne Archeron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pre-evil Kefka is a chump. But evil Kefka would kill all of them with a blink. Dilemna.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 04:06 AM
Shin_Nikkolas is currently offline Click here to Send Shin_Nikkolas a Private Message Find more posts by Shin_Nikkolas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Veldar
For great justice

This thread stated that both Kefka and Sepiroth needs to stay in their pre-evil states. Therefore you have to also assume that this battle also takes place before either one of their respected teams also reaches that point. Then in which case

Cloud wouldn't be very effective since he was getting motion sickness because he wasn't the great SOLDIER that he turns out to be. At best he would be a Shin-Ra soldier, and they weren't particularly effective. Barret would still be a coal miner, with no intentions of running Avalanche. He also wouldn't have a gun grafted onto his arm. Red XIII would most likely either be living a normal, peaceful existence in Cosmo Canyon, or more likely as an experiment for Professor Hojo. Vincent would be in that coffin still, punishing himelf for not stopping the Shin-Ra from the SOLDIER experiments And Sepiroth, though powerful, wouldn't know of his true existence, and thus have no desire to become a god.

And I don't think thre is ever a time when Kefka wasn't evil, but we'll assume you meant before his rise in power. Kefka was well, a pussy. He gained his power through intelligence and subterfuge. When the opportunity came, he seized the Esper's power. Cyan might prove formidible since he was a sentry for Doma castle. Sabin and Edgar probably weren't training to learn to fight the Emperor, or tinkering around with inventions. And Terra was under the Emporer's control.

Really then when we look at things like this... the battle comes down to Sephiroth versus Cyan, Terra, and Kefka. Personally, I think Cyan is the better swordsman, but he needs time to prepare his most devastating attacks, which when you fight Sephiroth, you have no such time. Terra has the potential to be a better magic-user than Sepiroth, but not at the stage of development in which this battle occurs. And Kefka has the better maniacal laugh, but that won't help in this battle.

However, since it's three versus one. I declare ff6 to be the winner. Now if the same teams fought each other at the ending of thier respective games. I'd give it to ff7 easy.

Last edited by Veldar on Nov 22nd, 2006 at 02:04 PM

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 01:57 PM
Veldar is currently offline Click here to Send Veldar a Private Message Find more posts by Veldar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote