KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Metal Gears REX and RAY vs Ruby and Emerald WEAPONs

Metal Gears REX and RAY vs Ruby and Emerald WEAPONs
Started by: Major Snafu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Metal Gears REX and RAY vs Ruby and Emerald WEAPONs

Konami vs SquareEnix.

The mechanized giants of FF7 and Metal Gear go toe to toe.

Stage: The Planet

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 07:00 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

I'd say the WEAPONs win mostly cuz of their astounding power, but then again the M gears do carry nukes erm

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 01:06 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Hmm, well Metal Gear REX armour could withstand a couple of nukes, and RAY was almost completly invurnable, it's armour could not be penetrated by almost any means. It'd be a heck of a time to take them down. And RAY has weapons powerful enough to trash a REX armour right on the spot, and REX has nukes to destroy the enemy.

I lack knowledge of the weapons though, but I think the Gears stand a good chance....

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 03:06 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

My Ass, Raiden took out several RAYs with only a frickin' rocket launcher erm

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 10:09 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

No, those were MASS-PRODUCED RAY's, the real RAY is not defeated yet through the Metal Gear series....

Some examples..

The Mass-produced RAY's where just copied of the real one to have many to defend arsenal gear (SPOILER, which wasn't even the real plan that Solidus would use). They did not get as much work on them, not the tough armor (and weakpoints all over the face, a normal P-90 took them out, while the RAY in the beginning took grenades to it's head with no damage what-so-ever). The real RAY had a tail, as well as it had missiles that could be launched from it's back which could ruin half a city. The others didn't have any of this...

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Last edited by kamikz on Oct 29th, 2006 at 11:02 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 10:57 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Oh, that's right and they weren't carrying nukes, just wanted to make sure.

Even though I've played through FF 7 I don't remember what the weapons were capable of, but I do remember that they were major pains in my Ass and that one of them took a blast from one of Shinras' largest and most power weapon but still didn't die and I'm pretty sure that any MG would go to pieces if hit by that.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 08:43 AM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

I've just done the weapons bit in FF7 (Not done Ruby and Emerald yet though) [SPOILER - highlight to read]: One Weapon was blasted point blank in the face by shinras cannon and died - he had been "hit" by it earlier while underwater and survived, though the blast could have missed him. The other was hit through the chest while they were aiming at Sepherophs shield, and that took it down.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 09:46 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

I'm pretty sure it didn't die from that blast since it was keeping it self underwater after that.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 09:33 AM
DiffidentAngel
Little old me

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel
I've just done the weapons bit in FF7 (Not done Ruby and Emerald yet though) [SPOILER - highlight to read]: One Weapon was blasted point blank in the face by shinras cannon and died - he had been "hit" by it earlier while underwater and survived, though the blast could have missed him. The other was hit through the chest while they were aiming at Sepherophs shield, and that took it down.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: it didn't miss you see blood falling down from where it face was.

and in all fairness, the blast it died from was pure life force, its like 1,000 kinghts of the round in a single force

i lack too muck knowledge to say anyone, so, links please, any just a quick question, i don't suppose the weapons could just tread on them?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 10:39 AM
DiffidentAngel is currently offline Click here to Send DiffidentAngel a Private Message Find more posts by DiffidentAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aranwe Valuin

You know this really is just a battle between nature and machine... creations of Earth vs creations of Man. (correct me if I'm wrong)

But I'm going with the WEAPONs, mainly because lifestream is so... well it would seem unending. Just as long as Omega or Chaos aren't involved then the Metal Gears atleast stand a chance I guess. wink

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 09:07 AM
Aranwe Valuin is currently offline Click here to Send Aranwe Valuin a Private Message Find more posts by Aranwe Valuin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote