KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » COG Soldiers vs. Elites

COG Soldiers vs. Elites
Started by: ESB -1138

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

COG Soldiers vs. Elites

Fenix, Dom, Baird, and Cole (Gears of War) are equipped with:
Snub Pistol - Standard issue sidearm for all soldiers of the COG. You always have your snub pistol.
Lancer Assault Rifle - The workhorse Coalition weapon, fully automatic. Intended for midrange combat. The weapon's Chainsaw Bayonet can be activated when in close proximity to an enemy.
Gnasher Shotgun - Short-range weapon that can occasionally take down a Locust Drone in one shot. Most affective at less than 3 meters.

And of course 4 frag grenades each. The 4 COG soldiers are taking on 4 Covenant Elites from Halo. We have a Gold Elite, Red Elite, and two Blue Elites all armed with a plasma rifle, needler, and 4 plasma grenades each. The location is Act 5 of Gears of War which is a moving train. The COG start at the front of the train and the Elites start at the back. It is a fight to the death. No one can detach a car!!! No one!!!

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 07:35 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Duriel-076
Chaos Spartan

Whoa, dude. A Zealot is over-kill.

PS. Zealots are the gold elites. They are generals. You know how you rank up in the Covenant? By killing. A Zealot is extremely dangerous.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 07:48 PM
Duriel-076 is currently offline Click here to Send Duriel-076 a Private Message Find more posts by Duriel-076 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sadly, I'm giving it to the ELites. Enegy shields> ANything the COG can really put up. I think the COG will take out maybe two of them before they fall.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 07:55 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Duriel-076
Chaos Spartan

The Minors most likely.
minor = blue

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 08:03 PM
Duriel-076 is currently offline Click here to Send Duriel-076 a Private Message Find more posts by Duriel-076 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Everyone says Energy Shields change everything. But doesn't the novel of Halo say that the marines were able to force back the Covenants to force them to go into space warfare?

I mean the weapons the COG boys have are very powerful compared to standard issue marine weaponry found in Halo. Not to mention all four are the top COG soldiers.

Plus what's an Elite to a Berserker?

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 08:04 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Duriel-076
Chaos Spartan

Also in the novels, the Elites don't even fight until the Battle of Reach. And their shields deflected 5 rounds from Linda's sniper rifle.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 08:06 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Duriel-076
Also in the novels, the Elites don't even fight until the Battle of Reach. And their shields deflected 5 rounds from Linda's sniper rifle.

Chainsaws are a COG's best friend. Hehehe. Master Chief can just beat down an Elite using the back of his battle rifle. Change that to a chainsaw.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 08:29 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Zealot...nasty. An elite must be on the genocide level of killing to reach that rank. A zealot alone will dismantle them. Put him out of the equation & the COGs might take a couple of victories if they work as a team--which they most likely will.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 07:44 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Elites are more dangerous than Berserkers though. A berserker is just a dumb juggernaut of destruction PLUS it's blind. An elite has superior reflexes, strength than a human and are expert tacticians. Still i give it to the COG more often than not if the Zealot is taken out of the equation. Marcus, Baird, Dom & Cole were tough all right.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 07:47 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Re: COG Soldiers vs. Elites

Originally posted by ESB -1138
Snub Pistol - Standard issue sidearm for all soldiers of the COG. You always have your snub pistol.

Nope, I've replaced mine with a big ass magnum erm

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 07:49 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

lets look at it this way

when chief battles a elite in the fall of reach he is nearly out matched this if i remember was wearing blue armour (a minor). taking this into account and all other knowledge of elites and the shields the COG wont even taek out one elite. they ware standad metal armour as far as i can tell a plasma bolt will burn right threw this and the have basic slug firing weapons (excluding the HOD) which as we know are as stated in the halo 2 LE booklet almost laughable though enough rounds make break down there shields by the time this has happened the zealot with the energy sword the veteran with the carbine and the minors with the plasma rifles ( i know weapons arnt as stated but this is the most realistic armourment of the covenant) will of whiped the floor with fenuix and his crew maybe a well placed *** tag could take out one of the elites

Current Pokemon:5

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 01:08 AM
Stalker 360 is currently offline Click here to Send Stalker 360 a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker 360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

A) The book is also shit, and largely regarded as uncannon/PIS on this forum due to the over hype and massive strength boost they give the Chief.

B) Yes, the Chief had trouble killing one Elite in SPACE, yet later on he kills them by the dozens, ALONE. Their goes the Elite's credibility...

C) The Marines "metal" armor in Halo can withstand a direct shot from a head shot from a beam rifle and live, as well as multiple blasts from Elites and even Hunters. The Covenants ground forces, in all honesty, suck. Sorry, but the game >> anything the books say.

C) The COG seem a lot better trained then the UNSC marines. They have a habit of actually.. oh iono...taking COVER. their not going to just stand their like dumb asses firing blindly and get sliced in half with an energy sword, like the UNSC marines do. Besides, the sword elite's shields suck ass. In Halo 1 on Legendary I killed two of the bastards with just a half clip of MA5B ammo. I didn't even aim for the head...

D) And as for the rest of the Elites... their pretty stupid. As far as the games go, the red and blue ones will just run at you blindly firing...

The Cog will wipe the floor with them.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 04:52 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Re: Re: COG Soldiers vs. Elites

Originally posted by IceJaw
Nope, I've replaced mine with a big ass magnum erm

?? I have never been able to replace the Snub Pistol with anything. The COG soldiers are capable of carrying a pistol, 2 firearms, and up to 4 grenades.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 02:38 PM
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

It's pretty hard to find, only a few grubs carry them. Look for someone carrying a large one-hand pistol with a low firing rate/speed.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 02:48 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by IceJaw
It's pretty hard to find, only a few grubs carry them. Look for someone carrying a large one-hand pistol with a low firing rate/speed.

Oh so Locust carry them.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 02:54 PM
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

Correct, but I'm pretty it's a 'human' weapon.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 02:57 PM
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

on the fire act theres one laying on the ground there my fav weapon i pop heads in MP with them

Current Pokemon:5

Last edited by Stalker 360 on Nov 28th, 2006 at 05:56 PM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 05:53 PM
Stalker 360 is currently offline Click here to Send Stalker 360 a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker 360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Fire act? Like at Nightfall or something?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 08:27 PM
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

I actually found mine the first chapter, haven't replaced it so far. happy

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 09:27 PM