KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Ken Masters vs Kim Kaphwan

Ken Masters vs Kim Kaphwan
Started by: Major Snafu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Ken Masters vs Kim Kaphwan

The hero of justice versus the Pan American champion/Masters family heir.

Both men have something to prove, which is which style is stronger: Ansatsuken or Taekwondo. They also want to prove to their respective offspring (Kim Jae Hoon and Kim Dong Hwan for Kim, Mel Masters for Ken) that they are indeed the strongest.

Stage: Ryu's Alpha 3 stage

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 10:42 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Would be a nice showcase of kicks, but unfortunately Ken outclasses Kim in every department, except the colgate smile.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 10:50 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Pretty much. Won't be easy by any means, but Ken wins

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 11:37 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

I think kim could win, maybe it's me. Ken is a slacker, and kim is very skilled and experienced.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 06:45 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

i kinda agree with Emperor.
if its anywhere from SFA to SF2 Ken, then i think Kim takes it since he works harder and is more experienced. also it wont be the first time he'd be taking on a guy with fire or projectils either. but if memory serves me right, this would be the first time Ken is going to be up against a taekwondo guy..that also of Kim's calibre. so at any rate, it is NOT easy at all.
SF3 Ken agaisnt Kim would be a good fight since by now ken has sobered up as well and is more focused. maturity finally set in for him here. if its SF3 Ken then i think it'll be Ken. otherwise, Kim.

quote:
Would be a nice showcase of kicks, but unfortunately Ken outclasses Kim in every department, except the colgate smile.

THIS is what pisses me off about SF fans. SF guys just happen to outclass every one around! its like no one can match up to their repertioire of 3 to 4 moves. what the hell?
when it comes to kicks, Kim probably has the best ones around. Ken is flashy...but Kim is powerful, fast AND flashy. not to mention how phoenix combo is freakin blur of speed and skill. not even a single move of ken can match its speed. not shoryureppa, not shinryuken, not shippujinreikyaku. almost all of Kim's moves are like that. like i said, pre SF3, ken is up for some serious ass whipping. SF3 ken would take it but that too after a tough fight.
~Sado

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 11:08 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sado22
i

THIS is what pisses me off about SF fans. SF guys just happen to outclass every one around! its like no one can match up to their repertioire of 3 to 4 moves. what the hell?
when it comes to kicks, Kim probably has the best ones around. Ken is flashy...but Kim is powerful, fast AND flashy. not to mention how phoenix combo is freakin blur of speed and skill. not even a single move of ken can match its speed. not shoryureppa, not shinryuken, not shippujinreikyaku. almost all of Kim's moves are like that. like i said, pre SF3, ken is up for some serious ass whipping. SF3 ken would take it but that too after a tough fight.
~Sado

Well, not really sado, it depends on how you compare characters. when it comes to capcom and snk they each value different things. Consistent: ability, experience, stats, etc versus feats, the former being more important to capcom while the later to snk and thats the problem. Snk has a huge habit of ignoring a persons ability, skill, experience in favor of miricale feats.Capcom on the other hand is the opposite and if miracle feats do occur it's usually explained. here's an example: Gill was defeated by alex and sagat by dan. But, capcom has stated they forfeited due to explicit reasons. Compare that to snk, what explanation was put forth for igniz? Despite having every fighter in KOF 2001 fighitng data, the kusanagi flame (Which is one of the most powerful powers in kof), The Anti-Thesis to the kusanagi flame (Kula), 3 boss characters as body guards fighting in a damn TEAM, and the ability to steal fighting energy. He lost to 3 people, that's a mircale feat if I've ever seen one. Kim, Takuma, geese and the rest of the veteran fighters. despite having leagues of experience they get bested and surpassed by some highschool kid with flames that saves the world. If kim was a street fighter he would be around gens tier easily. like all the Master/Veteran fighters are. Bottomline masters get shitted on in kof, and I hate that.

Kim beats ken, no matter what version, Ken is a slacker. He doesn't slack like say kyo. But, he isn't what I consider a master versus kim.

Last edited by Classic NES on Dec 20th, 2006 at 10:11 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 10:07 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hoshi

ken maybe a slacker , but he trains very hard , hard enough to go foe to foe against ryu any day of the week . Is Kim capable of matching foe to foe equally against kyo kusanagi or terry bogardy?

Emperor , i really think there are almost no one in the snk or in capcoms universe who can be considered a true master , even ryu himself said he isnt one(he is probaly the sickest bastard when it comes down to train) .Besides , Kims taekwondo in its majority are fancy kicks with too much swings and very few power , they arent compact at all , and like the gracie family said , fancy kicks will get you nowhere , the key for victory is the least power with the greatest results.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 01:15 AM
Hoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Hoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Hoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by Hoshi
ken maybe a slacker , but he trains very hard , hard enough to go foe to foe against ryu any day of the week . Is Kim capable of matching foe to foe equally against kyo kusanagi or terry bogardy?

Emperor , i really think there are almost no one in the snk or in capcoms universe who can be considered a true master , even ryu himself said he isnt one(he is probaly the sickest bastard when it comes down to train) .Besides , Kims taekwondo in its majority are fancy kicks with too much swings and very few power , they arent compact at all , and like the gracie family said , fancy kicks will get you nowhere , the key for victory is the least power with the greatest results.

I'm going to have to partially agree with you there hoshi, there are no masters in kof. Just fighters with fancy kicks, snk used to have very skilled individuals: Geese, Tong Ru, Mr.Karate,Kim Kaphawn, etc. but, they always get side tracked and crapped on by flashy flame users who are in high school. If gouki and oro were in kof, ash would be stronger than them.
As for capcom, I dunno how oro, gouki and gen do not strike you as masters.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 01:45 AM
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
As for capcom, I dunno how oro, gouki and gen do not strike you as masters.

There are masters in Capcom (and in SNK) and the following three do apply. Ryu can also be considered a master in Gouken-ryu Ansatsuken, but he is "still learning."

Oro is 140 years old and fights with one hand tied behind his back, just to make things fair in a fight. It is also rumored that he has found the way to immortality. Oro sees Ryu as a potential successor to his form of martial arts, after he has mastered his current style.

Akuma is the master of Ansatsuken at its 'purest' form, meaning that he could kill an opponent with one blow. He slain both Gotetsu and Gouken in battle, as well as countless others.

While Akuma sought to master the life-threatening Shun Goku Satsu technique, he eventually increased his strength by embracing the principle of the Dark Hadou. In embracing the Dark Hadou, Akuma lost his compassion, but increased the killing power of his techniques, new and old. This embrace caused Akuma to transcend human limits.

Contrary to popular belief, Akuma did not transform into a demon. He is just too damn strong.

Gen, despite being old as dirt and have a death wish, but he is one tough mofo. And on top of that, he is the ONLY person who survived the Raging Demon, and in order to do that, you have to clear your mind and heart of all emotions.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 02:34 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

I meant kof, not snk. What masters exsist in kof?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 02:37 AM
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

I meant kof, not snk. What masters exsist in kof?

My bad. There are masters, but through a cruel twist of fate, they are reduced to jobbers for Kyo or anyone else..

1. Saisyu Kusanagi

2. Leopold Goenitz

3. Tung Fu Rue

4. Takuma Sakazaki

5. Geese Howard

6. Kim Kaphwan

Those are from the top of my head.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 04:55 AM
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

[B]snk used to have very skilled individuals: Geese, Tong Ru, Mr.Karate,Kim Kaphawn, etc. but, they always get side tracked and crapped on by flashy flame users who are in high school. If gouki and oro were in kof, ash would be stronger than them.

I have to agree with this statement that is what it seems KOF has been reduced to.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 05:10 AM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Consistent: ability, experience, stats, etc versus feats, the former being more important to capcom while the later to snk and thats the problem. Snk has a huge habit of ignoring a persons ability, skill, experience in favor of miricale feats.Capcom on the other hand is the opposite and if miracle feats do occur it's usually explained. here's an example: Gill was defeated by alex and sagat by dan. But, capcom has stated they forfeited due to explicit reasons. Compare that to snk, what explanation was put forth for igniz? Despite having every fighter in KOF 2001 fighitng data, the kusanagi flame (Which is one of the most powerful powers in kof), The Anti-Thesis to the kusanagi flame (Kula), 3 boss characters as body guards fighting in a damn TEAM, and the ability to steal fighting energy. He lost to 3 people, that's a mircale feat if I've ever seen one.

i agree with you mentioning SNK's habit. that is one of the reasons why Terry Bogard is also left out of the lime light in KoF, though SNK themselves admitted that he has the most heart amongst all of the SNK guys.
As for Ignitz, it was not just Kyo, Iori and K' who beat him. Terry, Ryo and "many of the other strong fighters" were there fighting Ignitz, that is why every team's ending takes place in the same beach, cuz they were all there. they all fought Ignitz. In fact it is even stated that Terry, as usual, provided the much needed help against Ignitz and was there all the way till the end. Ryo was also there (and though you hate him, he is one of the regular top tiers of the game) so were other powerful guys. so it makes sense. its more like, when Ignitz was practically beaten, that the flame users charged up and leveled him down with a final fire blast....which is why they get credit for beating ignitz (SNK sucky, affinity for flame users makes them get credit for everything).
Kula is an anti-thesis in terms of having ice but she is by no means in Kyo's league. or Iori's. she's an anti-thesis in terms of flame and ice but not in terms of power.
as for the data...yeah it makes no sense. its like how in DoA the movie, the girl kicks the badguy in the face even though he knew what she was going to do laughing

[quoteKim, Takuma, geese and the rest of the veteran fighters. despite having leagues of experience they get bested and surpassed by some highschool kid with flames that saves the world. If kim was a street fighter he would be around gens tier easily. like all the Master/Veteran fighters are. Bottomline masters get shitted on in kof, and I hate that.[/quote]
agreed. Saisyu, takuma practicaly don't even exist in the game.

quote:
Kim beats ken, no matter what version, Ken is a slacker. He doesn't slack like say kyo. But, he isn't what I consider a master versus kim.

agreed.

quote:
I'm going to have to partially agree with you there hoshi, there are no masters in kof. Just fighters with fancy kicks, snk used to have very skilled individuals: Geese, Tong Ru, Mr.Karate,Kim Kaphawn, etc. but, they always get side tracked and crapped on by flashy flame users who are in high school. If gouki and oro were in kof, ash would be stronger than them. As for capcom, I dunno how oro, gouki and gen do not strike you as masters

huh? isn't that any game? ryu's moves are also pretty basic and yet he's placed at a high level in the game and called true warrior. his moves are pretty ordinary....somehow though, no matter what he does is like how a true warrior would do it. shinshoryuken are just two punches and a shoryuken but again its this "hieght of power" thing amongst the regular cast. you get my meaning? its always there in all games. in BR, Yugo's just a regualr boxer but apparently his power is so sought after its not even funny. Terry's just a brawler but again he's THE guy from KoF universe. its always there.

quote:

you're contradicting yourself. how can you train very hard and be a slacker? or at least i don't see how.
also Ken's bit is one of those things i was mentioning to Emperor above: he's a slacker but somehow, someway beat ryu in SF2, though Ryu was the one training and working hard. what the hell? its so unfair.
Kim CAN match Terry Bogard foe to foe. he's one of the top tiers in the FF universe. in fact i read somewhere that FF2 semis took place between HIM and Terry. unreliable soource, but no, he's not weak at all.

~Sado

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 05:15 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Ken's a bit of a slacker, but he's still pretty tough because he's a natural and he's been training pretty hard recently. If you aren't Ryu level or higher, you are simply not beating Mr.Masters. Kim is a tough mofo & I've said before how SNK mistreated him to make others look good, but he's not beating Ken.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 08:48 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

^^
you have a thing for gifted slackers don't you? big grin
~Sado

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 09:06 AM
olympian

I was about to notice that...

The student skills are getting sharper by the thread!

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 11:59 AM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

^^
you have a thing for gifted slackers don't you? big grin
~Sado
laughing I just think it's cool when you don't have to try as hard as others do.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 05:26 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
I just think it's cool when you don't have to try as hard as others do.

laughing and not to mention doing all that and then laughing at them after its all said and done.
that really DOES rock.
sigh...if only life was that simplesad
think about it:
-imagine getting great grades without studying
-imagine getting a promotion at work without having to suck up to your boss...or suck your boss
-imagine getting a payraise for doing jackshit
-imagine pwning people at a game you never played before
-imagine getting all the chicks without having to go around chasing them
-imagine getting free porn without having to search for it

damn life would be so good!big grin

~Sado

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 06:41 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

smile I used to do the grades thing & I owned people @ Project Justice the 1st time I played it.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 07:31 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

i when Ignitz was practically beaten, that the flame users charged up and leveled him down with a final fire blast....which is why they get credit for beating ignitz (SNK sucky, affinity for flame users makes them get credit for everything).
Kula is an anti-thesis in terms of having ice but she is by no means in Kyo's league. or Iori's. she's an anti-thesis in terms of flame and ice but not in terms of power.

Sado, Igniz schooled the whole cast before Iori, Kyo, and K woke up and defeated him with a plot device. He wasn't practically beaten at all. Also, kula not being comparable in power makes no sense. Snk felt they should Make K comaparable to Iori and Kyo,But not Kula?

huh? isn't that any game? ryu's moves are also pretty basic and yet he's placed at a high level in the game and called true warrior.
his moves are pretty ordinary....somehow though, no matter what he does is like how a true warrior would do it. shinshoryuken are just two punches and a shoryuken but again its this "hieght of power" thing amongst the regular cast. you get my meaning? its always there in all games. in BR, Yugo's just a regualr boxer but apparently his power is so sought after its not even funny. Terry's just a brawler but again he's THE guy from KoF universe. its always there.

I don't get you their sado, There's nothing basic about ryu's moveset. Electric projectiles, uppercuts that can kill a man, etc. How is that basic? And ryu has fought over 10,000 opponents, contented with the worlds strongest fighters and Street fights every all his life he's earned that position. Note that he's not even a master nor has he bested any master class characters, compare that to kyo and iori who do none of the above and magically defeat skilled fighters.

also Ken's bit is one of those things i was mentioning to Emperor above: he's a slacker but somehow, someway beat ryu in SF2, though Ryu was the one training and working hard. what the hell? its so unfair.

Ken isn't a slacker per say, he still fights in tournaments (He met sean after he won one), is the pan american champion for a third time, etc. He trains it's just that he has a family and cannot train like ryu does I.E. Traveling the world, getting into street fights, etc. He has "Master Foundation" to run. Ken is only a little worst than ryu.

Last edited by Classic NES on Dec 22nd, 2006 at 12:56 AM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 12:43 AM