KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Hitmonchan vs Hitmonlee

Hitmonchan vs Hitmonlee
Started by: Neo2000

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Neo2000
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hitmonchan vs Hitmonlee

Both at level 100, and their stats are at peak-condition.

Who wins?

Old Post May 26th, 2007 02:51 PM
Neo2000 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo2000 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo2000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo2000
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hitmonchan, as a boxer, is tough. he would take one or two kicks from Hitmonlee to get in close and hit him with hundreds of punches very quickly. Hitmonchans pokedex entry says he punches so fast that it looks like he is not doing anything. That takes a punchingspeed near lightspeed. Hitmonlee may be tough, but 10 punches should be enough to knock him out, and hundreds of Hitmanchans is overkill. But Hitmonlee could play it smart with some Ninja maneuvers. Like poisoning Hitmonchan.

Hitmonchan 6.5/10

Old Post May 26th, 2007 03:08 PM
Neo2000 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo2000 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo2000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Are these just wild Pokemon or do they have trainer?

My guess would be whoever had the better trainer.

Old Post May 26th, 2007 05:26 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

My guess is that they're the ones the fighting gym trainer had in Blue and Red, except this time they had much more training.

If so, they draw.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Last edited by Wandering Flame on May 26th, 2007 at 05:50 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2007 05:46 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo2000
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Xenogears
My guess is that they're the ones the fighting gym trainer had in Blue and Red, except this time they had much more training.

If so, they draw.

i think boxers are all-around better fighters than ninjas. More brute force, and in Hitmonchans case, speed. Hitmonlee shold not be too much of a challenge

Old Post May 26th, 2007 06:22 PM
StyleTime

In real life, boxing is a "top tier" style. Neo2000, you have to remember that this is a video game. In video games, any style can win. Actually, it's usually the ones that prove ineffective in real life that work the best in video games.

I agree with Xenogears. It's a draw unless trainers are involved.

Old Post May 26th, 2007 07:07 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Boxing top tier, I would love someone to only use boxing in a Street Fight.

Originally posted by StyleTime
Actually, it's usually the ones that prove ineffective in real life that work the best in video games.

SYSTEMA. . .

Old Post May 26th, 2007 07:11 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo2000
Restricted

Account Restricted

Boxing IS top-tier.

And these Pokemons trains by themself, they can fight wel even without trainers. Hitmonlee may kick harder than Hitmonchan punches, but remember, Hitmonchan can land hundreds of punches a sec. He needs to take one punch, get close, and punch the shit out of Hitmonlee. Should be simple logic.

Through if Hitmonlee made some smart combinations of Double Team, Toxic and Mirror Move, he could stand a good chance, through this technique only would work with a trainer.

Old Post May 26th, 2007 07:15 PM
Neo2000
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually, Hitmonlees moves reminds me ore of Tae Kwon Do than ninjitsu

Old Post May 26th, 2007 07:16 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by Neo2000
Boxing IS top-tier.

I take it you've never been in a Street Fight?

Old Post May 26th, 2007 07:17 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo2000
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
I take it you've never been in a Street Fight?

I have...? And i stick to my hands, not my feet.
I am a boxer, by the way.

Old Post May 26th, 2007 07:20 PM
StyleTime

When I say top tier, I don't mean boxing is the be all end all of fighting. However, a boxer will typically defeat an untrained opponent of similar stature. I've seen this personally. If you don't believe me, stop by your local boxing gym and ask them for proof.

Now when you throw in opponents with skill in some other art or a massive size advantage in a street fight, THEN the tables may turn.

Boxing is definitely top tier though. Virtually all pro-fighters crosstrain boxing to some extent.

Also, LMAO at SYSTEMA!!!!!

Last edited by StyleTime on May 26th, 2007 at 07:23 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2007 07:20 PM
Neo2000
Restricted

Account Restricted

When I say top tier, I don't mean boxing is the be all end all of fighting. However, a boxer will typically defeat an untrained opponent of similar stature. I've seen this personally. If you don't believe me, stop by your local boxing gym and ask them for proof.

Now when you throw in opponents with skill in some other art or a massive size advantage in a street fight, THEN the tables may turn.

Usually, karatekas or tae kwon dokas are slim in real fights, mostly because their used to respectful matches with pauses after each point and not knockout rounds, while boxers takes punishment all the time and generally builds up a stronger body. Karatekas just cant keep up for real if they dont have any experience. Talking about experience, i know that from own experience, has fought a redbelt karateka and won. And again, i am boxer. I took one kick, he was out of balance, i punches him twice in the face. The fight was over. He couldnt take the damage.

Old Post May 26th, 2007 07:24 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

I have...? And i stick to my hands, not my feet.
I am a boxer, by the way.

I do ametuer boxing myself, I just have a hard time believeing that a style that: Doesn't gaurd your legs, only uses hands, no ground fighting, No weapon fighting and blocking rely's on using your body like a tank can help you against multiple opponents with possible weapons. . . That's really un realistic.

That wasn't my point though. Sure, in a one on one fight against some scrub a boxer has the advantage. But, do you honestly believe in a real Street Fighting or Competitve fighting situation that a boxer will dominate?

Last edited by Classic NES on May 26th, 2007 at 07:27 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2007 07:25 PM
Neo2000
Restricted

Account Restricted

I do ametuer boxing myself, I just have a hard time believeing that a style that: Doesn't gaurd your legs, only uses hands, no ground fighting, No weapon fighting and blocking rely's on using your body like a tank can help you against multiple opponents with possible weapons. . . That's really un realistic.

That's true. Boxing is not effective against multiple opponents. Through one-at-one, it hangs up there with Muay Thai as the best martial art style.

Old Post May 26th, 2007 07:27 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

That's true. Boxing is not effective against multiple opponents. Through one-at-one, it hangs up there with Muay Thai as the best martial art style.

Right, which is why we see so many Boxing purist in MMA?
Your exaggerating, I like boxing because I love using my hands when I fight. Though, as a fighting art it's not practical for Street Fighting or MMA. Also, there is no such thing as a best style.

Old Post May 26th, 2007 07:29 PM
Neo2000
Restricted

Account Restricted

Right, which is why we see so many Boxing purist in MMA?
Your exaggerating, I like boxing because I love using my hands when I fight. Though, as a fighting art it's not practical for Street Fighting or MMA. Also, there is no such thing as a best style.

All the best cross-trainboxing because punches is the most important attacks in a fight, and in boxing, you learn finer punches than in any other sport.

Old Post May 26th, 2007 07:39 PM
StyleTime

That wasn't my point though. Sure, in a one on one fight against some scrub a boxer has the advantage. But, do you honestly believe in a real Street Fighting or Competitve fighting situation that a boxer will dominate?

No, obviously pure boxing won't cut it in a no holds barred situation.
Usually, karatekas or tae kwon dokas are slim in real fights, mostly because their used to respectful matches with pauses after each point and not knockout rounds, while boxers takes punishment all the time and generally builds up a stronger body. Karatekas just cant keep up for real if they dont have any experience. Talking about experience, i know that from own experience, has fought a redbelt karateka and won. And again, i am boxer. I took one kick, he was out of balance, i punches him twice in the face. The fight was over. He couldnt take the damage.

Most "krotty" places are bullshit. There are a select few who get good training and know what they're doing though. I guarantee that few, if ANY, pure boxers could have defeated Andy Hug when he was alive. I doubt any boxers could take Glaube Feitosa or Francisco Filho now. Don't forget Bill Wallace from the 60's either.

Boxing and Muay Thai are "top tier". There are various others that can compete with them.

Last edited by StyleTime on May 26th, 2007 at 07:42 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2007 07:39 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

All the best cross-trainboxing because punches is the most important attacks in a fight, and in boxing, you learn finer punches than in any other sport.

Keyword, Sport, sure Boxing helps you develop a good punch, But if you honestly believe that a good punch is all you need in a fight. I suggest you give up fighting now.

Most "krotty" places are bullshit. There are a select few who get good training and know what they're doing though. I guarantee that few, if ANY, pure boxers could have defeated Andy Hug when he was alive. I doubt any boxers could take Glaube Feitosa or Francisco Filho now. Don't forget Bill Wallace from the 60's either.

Or Mas Oyama, hence why Kyokushin Karate is the best form of Karate.

I also doubt a Boxing purist can defeat Sakabura.

Last edited by Classic NES on May 26th, 2007 at 07:46 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2007 07:42 PM
Neo2000
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, its true only a few boxers have control of what theyre doing, but those who have control, they are dangerous.

I never gets hitted. When boxing, i am normally hitted 5 times through a whole six round fight, and deals around 40 punches myself each round.

Old Post May 26th, 2007 07:49 PM