KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Which swordsman can match or defeat Sephiroth?

Which swordsman can match or defeat Sephiroth?
Started by: Superboy Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Which swordsman can match or defeat Sephiroth?

Simple question: Who can match or defeat Sephiroth in a strict swordfight?

(please log in to view the image)

Anyone from video games. However only sword skill will be involved here. I don't want anything else. Just good ole sword battle.

Actual on-screen feats are needed for this. I'll settle for nothing less.

Discuss.

Sephiroth

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Nov 2nd, 2007 at 05:06 AM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 05:03 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

the Master Chief and Darth Revan. Revan for sure. In the world of top-tier swordfighters, Sephiroth's sword fighting skills aren't exactly most 1337.

As for on-screen feats.. I'll find them when I finish my homework.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 05:11 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 05:18 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

fa'dizzle.

I honestly d'unt think I can find any actual screen shots of him being uber saber wise. There's no pure cutscenes of just him using saber tricks.

All I can really tell you is that it's pretty much fact in the SW VF that Revan's saber skills are either equal to or above Return of the Sith Anakin's, who would, most likely, also destroy Sephiroth in sword fighting.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 05:28 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

In pure swordplay, Seph is nothing special. But his superhuman attributes make him formiddlalbe. No Jedi or Sith can move as fast as him in a duel. Not even close.

I would like to think Margulis could as he's a vastly superior villain to Sephiroth but I doubt he could.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 05:29 AM
Shin_Nikkolas is currently offline Click here to Send Shin_Nikkolas a Private Message Find more posts by Shin_Nikkolas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
In pure swordplay, Seph is nothing special. But his superhuman attributes make him formiddlalbe. No Jedi or Sith can move as fast as him in a duel. Not even close.

I would like to think Margulis could as he's a vastly superior villain to Sephiroth but I doubt he could.

Margulis from Xenosaga? I watched some of his fights with Uzuki...the guy was tight.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 05:32 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas
No Jedi or Sith can move as fast as him in a duel. Not even close.

Prove this. Please. Sure maybe they may not be run around and fly as fast, but as far as how fast they can move with there swords.. GG alone has Sephiroth beat with his 16 lightsaber strikes per second.

EDIT- Actually, Dark Empire Luke and Sideous actually moved so fast when they dueled that they were invisible to Leia, who is, in fact, a force user herself.

Last edited by Final Blaxican on Nov 2nd, 2007 at 05:37 AM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 05:34 AM
kwon_ji_hae
curiator of guns and ammo

i would say a jedi would beat sephiroth in a duel only tech wise since sephiroths 8ft katana sword is just that metal the jedis lightsaber would cut his blade into pieces a light saber can cut threw a star ship hull and threw tungesten carbite tantanium steel the strongest metal allow

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 05:53 AM
kwon_ji_hae is currently offline Click here to Send kwon_ji_hae a Private Message Find more posts by kwon_ji_hae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Supposedly Sephiroth's sword is unbreakable, or some sh*t.

I've never seen that proven, though.

IT'S MAJIK!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 05:57 AM
SHM

His sword is made of spirit energy. We don't know what could happen if it clashed with a Lightsaber.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 06:13 AM
SHM is currently offline Click here to Send SHM a Private Message Find more posts by SHM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

In that universe. I think Ryu could take him. He is sickening fast. And is weapons skill IS AMAZINGLY GODLIKE

Be smart, and use corrective grammar, so you don;t sound like a complete jackass."

In the Great words of Shao Khaun
"YOU HAVE FAAAIIILLLLED!!!!!!!!"

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 06:16 AM
Csdabest is currently offline Click here to Send Csdabest a Private Message Find more posts by Csdabest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Keollyn
Qitian Dasheng

Ryu Hayabusa, Samanosuke Akechi, and anyone who has 133t ninja swordskills with a powerful sword (used to keep from breaking when clashed against Sephiroth's sword) could match, if not win.

As said earlier, Sephiroth is not really that great a swordsmen, just powerful.

Laharl is a definite win.

Dart in dragoon form could defeat him. If not, match.

Oh yeah, Omega Weiss also.

Last edited by Keollyn on Nov 2nd, 2007 at 06:30 AM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 06:22 AM
Keollyn is currently offline Click here to Send Keollyn a Private Message Find more posts by Keollyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

do kingdom hearts 2 feats count here?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 06:37 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

Margulis from Xenosaga? I watched some of his fights with Uzuki...the guy was tight.

He is tight.

His two fights with Jin.Shame they're only from the worst game in the series but oh well.

First fight back on Miltia, during the Miltian Conflict.

Number 2: Over a decade later, but back on Miltia

I also recall him, in EP1, being able to manifest fire with his blade for an attack.

Can't recall any non-mech feats in EP3.

It's a pretty nifty feat his little energy ball thing in the second vid was a threat to the entire party. They're no slouches in terms of durability. Even Shion, the most "human" of them, could survive this explosion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yfV1mNfMcI

Said right in the EP1 Database under her bio that Vergil survived because of the mech. The rest were wiped out 'cept Shion because of her special nature.

I doubt it's enough to have a victory over Seph in aduel but there you are.

Last edited by Shin_Nikkolas on Nov 2nd, 2007 at 06:55 AM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 06:46 AM
Shin_Nikkolas is currently offline Click here to Send Shin_Nikkolas a Private Message Find more posts by Shin_Nikkolas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Terryc250

Hey Superboy Prime, post this genesis/seph fight instead of that one, the one u posted has bad FPS
youtube# = mkSAeS-noSk

and oh jeez that horrible dub
use the original.. not that it matters but the english dub is so bad
youtube# = nbwiDIy-m2Y

quote:
Ryu Hayabusa, Samanosuke Akechi, and anyone who has 133t ninja swordskills with a powerful sword (used to keep from breaking when clashed against Sephiroth's sword) could match, if not win.

As said earlier, Sephiroth is not really that great a swordsmen, just powerful.

Laharl is a definite win.

Dart in dragoon form could defeat him. If not, match.

Oh yeah, Omega Weiss also.

Your underrating Sephiroth quite a bit, Sephiroth is famed as the greatest SOLDIER ever, it is said he is the only one skilled enough to use a sword of that length, there has never been anyone that matched Sephiroth in a sword duel before, the guy was born part alien ffs, his speed, reaction time, power are way superior to regular humans, Weiss wouldnt stand a chance, the Deepground members are just another one of Hojo's experiments to try to create another Sephiroth.

In terms of regular combat skills:
Sephiroth > Weiss
In terms of power:
AC Sephiroth > Omega Weiss

Last edited by Terryc250 on Nov 2nd, 2007 at 12:55 PM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 12:42 PM
Terryc250 is currently offline Click here to Send Terryc250 a Private Message Find more posts by Terryc250 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Terryc250

Also, unlike Weiss, and Cloud.. Sephiroth was born through experiments, and was a warrior right when he was born, he was a SOLDIER all his life, unlike the other guys who just decide to go to midgar when they are like 16 and become a SOLDIER.. Sephiroth was there his whole life, add that too his already superiority over regular humans and you get the greatest SOLDIER ever, Sephiroth.

You see guys like Zack handling like 100 soldiers dodging machine gun bullets, etc, and when he faces Sephiroth he gets handled in under 2 minutes, and this is before Sephiroth gained his AC power, that tells you how much skills Sephiroth has.

sorry for the double post

Last edited by Terryc250 on Nov 2nd, 2007 at 01:05 PM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 01:02 PM
Terryc250 is currently offline Click here to Send Terryc250 a Private Message Find more posts by Terryc250 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Terryc250
Your underrating Sephiroth quite a bit, Sephiroth is famed as the greatest SOLDIER ever, it is said he is the only one skilled enough to use a sword of that length, there has never been anyone that matched Sephiroth in a sword duel before, the guy was born part alien ffs, his speed, reaction time, power are way superior to regular humans, Weiss wouldnt stand a chance, the Deepground members are just another one of Hojo's experiments to try to create another Sephiroth.

None of the FF cast can stand up to high tear Jedi and many other high tier video game characters. If the force was added to this he would be even more destroyed, even if he had his materia.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 03:44 PM
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Nightmare, Cloud, Dante, Ryudo, Vergil...there are more, like some of the Samurai Showdown guys. I'll post what I can about the skills of these guys later. I aint usein a PC that will allow me to do that right now.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 03:58 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Terryc250

and oh jeez that horrible dub
use the original.. not that it matters but the english dub is so bad
youtube# = nbwiDIy-m2Y

I wouldn't say the English dub was 'So Bad'. I mean, to me it just appeared they removed the Sword noises (Ie metal clashing, Masasume cleaving through rock) , Battle grunts , 'sister' to 'Is she here' and possibly shortened the fight slightly.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 04:05 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Alot of people being posted who skills don't even come close to Sephiroth's

The only guys i know who i would bet on having more SKILL is Lu Bu

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 05:25 PM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote