KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Final Fantasy VIII vs. Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VIII vs. Final Fantasy VII
Started by: Pyron_is_God

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Final Fantasy VIII vs. Final Fantasy VII

This is the army-like battle....
quote:
The one and single exception to this rule is if each side will be fighting as one army-like team; this must be specified in the first post, else I will assume that it's not the case and close the thread for being against the rules

We are excluding Ultimecia here.

All other characters and weapons and whatnot are allowed.

Who wins?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 03:19 AM
Pyron_Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Well, FFVII has more strong characters, they have more Weapons, with actual feats and shit.

FFVII I gotta say.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 03:36 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Terryc250

FF7 has Chaos, Omega Weiss, Cloud, Zack and Sephiroth erm

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 04:33 AM
Terryc250 is currently offline Click here to Send Terryc250 a Private Message Find more posts by Terryc250 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

And the other Weapons.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 04:41 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

FF8 has the gardens, Ragnarok, and perhaps the biggest ace in the hole, Omega Weapon.... evil face

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 02:08 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

The Weapons of FFVII aren't that impressive. Emerala nd Ruby never did anything storywise while Sapphire and Diamond both barely managed to destroy parts of buildings with their blasts.

Some missiles from Galbadia should do them in.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 04:42 PM
Pyron_Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Oh, I forgot FFVII's Omega Weapon. Well, it willl probably take a lot more than missiles to beat that thing.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 05:46 PM
NemeBro

Thing is, any one of the weapons can one shot Galbadia PHYSICALLY, they would kill all in their path, no weak ass Galbadia soldier is stopping a weapon.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 05:55 PM
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Dude...compare the damage output of a WEAPON

And Galbadian missiles

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 06:21 PM
NemeBro

But compare the SIZE of the weapon combined with speed, if a Weapon were to enter Galbadia Garden, they would be completely fvcked.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 07:39 PM
Terryc250

Why are you showing Saphire weapon?

These guys can probably solo and they're not even the strongest in FFVII world, watch from 0:20-1:50, the thing at the bottom of Omega WEAPONs feet is the largest city in FFVII, Midgar.

Power of Chaos

Chaos and Omega

Sephiroth is above even these guys

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 10:50 PM
Terryc250 is currently offline Click here to Send Terryc250 a Private Message Find more posts by Terryc250 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

No he's not. What creators say means nothing if it contradicts their work.
Their work is what is important, not them.
Or is the Hulk stronger than Galactus?

And we saw Sephiroth get WTFpwned in his strongest form iN AC. I know he was playing with Cloud but his durability doesn't go down. His durability was not enough to take Cloud's Omnislash so there's no reason to believe it can take anything stronger. And there are A LOT of things stronger than Omnislash iN FFVIII.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 12:36 AM
Terryc250

Omnislash is clearly a PIS move, I'm certain it would take out Chaos as well, Sephiroth didn't use any of his powers in that fight except a little TK which brought down the building.

Sephiroth held holy (which can END EVERYTHING) with his TK for months, he has the full power of jenova and power of the lifestream, which is the power of the planet, nothing beats that erm

"Kitase said that Sephiroth's existence and will is extremely powerful. There is nothing stronger, nothing above him."

"Zack was chosen as the main character as a representative of a BC era SOLDIER. Sephiroth is already the strongest in the world so there's no room for growth, and we couldn't possibly see ourselves making a game over type situation where he loses"

So since Sephiroth has the power of the planet, powerful willpower that is strong enough to hold even Holy, full power of the Jenova entity, stated by the creators that there is NOTHING above Sephiroth, and Sephiroth is the strongest in the world..

I'm sure Sephiroth is the most powerful FF7 being.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 12:46 AM
Luminatus
Restricted

Account Restricted

EDIT

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 01:13 AM
Luminatus is currently offline Click here to Send Luminatus a Private Message Find more posts by Luminatus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SHM

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
No he's not. What creators say means nothing if it contradicts their work.
Their work is what is important, not them.

This is one of the most stupid things I've ever read in my life.
FFVII is THEIR story, NOT yours. Only they have the authority to decide what is canon and what isn't. Not you, or me.
If they state something that contradicts their previous work, then it's a retcon, and still canon.

And yes, their work is more important than them. But they were talking about what, in the interviews? Oh yeah... About a story created by them, about their work.

FFVII only exists because of them. Therefore, everything they state about the story of FFVII, is canon. Deal with it.

Last edited by SHM on Apr 1st, 2008 at 04:18 PM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 04:12 PM
SHM is currently offline Click here to Send SHM a Private Message Find more posts by SHM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

PK your queer anology is not required and is incredibly low and wrong, especially asking if Hulk is stronger than galactus, i cant imagine the creator of Hulk seriously saying Hulk is stronger than Galactus, the anology is further shattered by the fact sephiroth designed by the same people that design other FF characters

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 04:16 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

quote:
This is one of the most stupid things I've ever read in my life.
FFVII is THEIR story, NOT yours.

Correct. That's why i'm going by their story, which CONTRADICTS their word.
If we take what writers say above what their works say then all Hell is unleashed that makes no kind of sense.
You want to say Sephiroth > all because the creators say so? Well, I say Superman > a universe-creator because the writer said so. There.
Outside of their work, Nomura and Kitase are just people. What they say doesn't effect or mean anything to their universe unless they shape it acordingly.

quote:
Only they have the authority to decide what is canon and what isn't. Not you, or me.
If they state something that contradicts their previous work, then it's a retcon, and still canon.

No it's not. A retcon is when in-universe events contradict previous in-universe events like the scene with Cloud and Sephiroth in the Reactor being retconned in LO.
What a writer says outside of his creation, especially if it contradicts everything, should be thrown out.

quote:
And yes, their work is more important than them. But they were talking about what, in the interviews? Oh yeah... About a story created by them, about their work.

Yep and what they say contradicts their work.
There's absolutely no proof from inside the FF7 Compilation that Sephiroth is stronger than Omega or Chaos. But because Nomura or Kitase say so, you jump all over it and worship it like the Gospel.

quote:
PK your queer anology is not required and is incredibly low and wrong, especially asking if Hulk is stronger than galactus, i cant imagine the creator of Hulk seriously saying Hulk is stronger than Galactus, the anology is further shattered by the fact sephiroth designed by the same people that design other FF characters

The writer of a comic is exactly the same as the creator of a character in a comic. It be like if Square got a brain and fired Nomura and replaced him with someone talented and innovative, it wouldn't mean what this new guy says or does is less important. He's part of SE just like the writer is part of Marvel/DC. What they write or make about that character in the game/comic is absolute canon.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 05:29 PM
SHM

So what you are saying PK, is that everything about FFVII that is not showed to us on a TV(or cellphone and PSP, in the case of BC and CC) is not canon?

LOL

Who gave you the authority to decide what is, and what isn't canon in the Compilation of FFVII?
FFVII is their story. If they publish books/guides and give interviews to explain things about THEIR story then it's canon.

It doesn't matter in what format(books, movies, games, etc) the story of FFVII is presented to us. If it comes from the guys who created it, it's canon.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 06:23 PM
SHM is currently offline Click here to Send SHM a Private Message Find more posts by SHM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

quote:
So what you are saying PK, is that everything about FFVII that is not showed to us on a TV(or cellphone and PSP, in the case of BC and CC) is not canon?

Tell me, what are we debating here?
Final Fantasy VII?
Which is...what? Oh yes...TV and cellphones and PSP.
I'm sorry if you're too stupid to understand that if what the creators say contradicts their work it means jack shit but it's the way it is.
Go ahead, ask anyone if they think what a writer of a comic says is worthwhile when it contradicts the actual comic.
Same applies here.

quote:
Who gave you the authority to decide what is, and what isn't canon in the Compilation of FFVII?

Simple brainpower.

quote:
FFVII is their story. If they publish books/guides and give interviews to explain things about THEIR story then it's canon.

Alright then. Hulk > Galactus. You win. Logic loses.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 07:57 PM
Terryc250

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Tell me, what are we debating here?
Final Fantasy VII?
Which is...what? Oh yes...TV and cellphones and PSP.
I'm sorry if you're too stupid to understand that if what the creators say contradicts their work it means jack shit but it's the way it is.
Go ahead, ask anyone if they think what a writer of a comic says is worthwhile when it contradicts the actual comic.
Same applies here.

First of all, how does it contradict their work? It doesn't.. Sephiroth has the power of the lifestream, and the greatest willpower on the planet, which is MORE then enough to stop anyone in the FF7 world.

Can you actually quote SL, or JK saying Hulk is the strongest BEING in the universe? And not a quote from a story writer but from the actual creator themselves? However Hulks strength is technically potentially unlimited, but it would take thousands of years of getting mad to reach the level of abstract entities.

quote:

Alright then. Hulk > Galactus. You win. Logic loses. [/B]

Umm.. no one ever said Hulk was above Galactus.. thats something you just pulled out of ur a**

Last edited by Terryc250 on Apr 1st, 2008 at 08:48 PM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 08:35 PM