KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Illidan Stormrage vs Dante Sparda

Illidan Stormrage vs Dante Sparda
Started by: Charlotte DeBel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Illidan Stormrage vs Dante Sparda

Two demon hunters\demonic warriors duke it out. All powers permitted for both of them.

May the best warrior win!

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post May 6th, 2008 01:00 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rapidash

Assuming that Illidan can take bullets as well as he can take sword and magic, this could be even big grin

Perspective

Old Post May 6th, 2008 01:32 PM
Rapidash is currently offline Click here to Send Rapidash a Private Message Find more posts by Rapidash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

okay heres the things that are the most important IMO in this debate:

Speed What determines this is between Dantes feats of when he fights vergil, falling/running down the tower in DMC 3 and perhaps a few others i miss, for Illidan, the highest speed feat ive seen for him is clearing the ground of the Shadowmoon valley and past the clouds in less or equel to a second, which is damn fast.

Damage output I would give this to Illidan, he has melting lasers from his eyes, burning fire, summonables that can freeze someone solid as well as his various other powers, Dante has various devil trigger moves but I doubt it would be useful in overall power in the long run of things.

Flexability I would give this to Illidan also, Dante has so many weapons an types of attacks its true but a lot of them are variations of melee moves and combos wheras Illidan has a vast magic arsenal, can summon spread across his various forms. He can use dark and fire magic as well as fire lasers in flight, summons, and thats just normal illidan without taking into the fact in canon he likely has most Arcane powers and other elemental spells if he is considered in a high class even among the powerful elves before the breaking of the world.

Durability, This is important because obviously if one guy can take a lot more than the other guy, its more difficult, here is my outlook on things: Dante wins this due to his obvious endurance by taking blades into the body and through it with ease, an insane regeneration, Illidans endurance ime not sure of however his various powers that can be connected to the magic arts in Warcraft such as shields could add to this, assuming that when they call him "one of the most powerful magic users of the elves" when he was young, this means that its likely he can cast powers from Arcane and other various elven magics, we also have to take into the fact he also has a demonic form but his overall durability i do not know.

Extra points Special abilities for Dante like Quicksilver and DT, they have a time limit and in-game the same time limit so i assume quicksilver must drain Dantes devil power and energies, the same ones that allow him to transform, also note he can only fly i belive in this mode, so without this mode Illidan has flight to himself and the whole of the skies.

Verdict The overall victorious could go either way, although i would give some edge to Dante since he has many powerful forms and abilities to give him various flexablity but also incapacitation such as quicksilver, personally i do not belive Dantes quicksilver freezes solid living beings, since most descriptions of the move say it slows his enemies, however we see him completly freezing rocks and inanimate objects....but not living things in his cutscene, either way Quicksilver will be a very powerful factor in the battle but then again Illidan may be able to use Arcane powers such as invisiblity and sheep if he is still the sorceror of Elven kind as he used to be.

Last edited by Burning thought on May 6th, 2008 at 02:18 PM

Old Post May 6th, 2008 02:15 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rapidash

How resistant is Dante's soul?

Perspective

Old Post May 6th, 2008 02:41 PM
Rapidash is currently offline Click here to Send Rapidash a Private Message Find more posts by Rapidash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes i thought about that, ime not sure, the power of the orb he holds in DMC 3 is unkown but hes resistent enough to survive for a good few minutes while having his soul drained, ime not sure he could survive a complete rip or destroy, but Illidans "draw soul" ability could be very useful in the long run

Old Post May 6th, 2008 03:48 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Well, as for speed. First, movement speed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmHdLB6f5A8
Running on Max speed so the air starts burning around him due to friction. That's the natural speed of young Dante (though falling affects the result a bit, but simple free falls don't happen on reentry speed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_1kETIVweo
Alastor sword grants Dante the ability of "lightning speed", increasing his already impressive fighting speed even more- note that during combo shards look suspended in the air even though no time manipulation is used.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-NI81wyPSA
Supersonic flight capabilities (demonstrated by Nero Angelo here, but Dante in his Sparda form can pretty much duplicate the same stunt)

Now, to combat teleportation part
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ht40zJW4Wk
Speedblitzes and surprises the avatar of despair with it (note than in gameplay Despair Embodied is faster than even devil triggered Dante, yet finally Dante wins via sort of teleporting "speedblitz")
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBeoaFeCUSA
Sanctus' sword swing is too slow for Dante, so in time it takes him to move his sword, Dante teleports\instanteousluy moves to safety, and doesn't forget to strap Rebellion (he's standing on Rebellion blade while talking to Sanctus, as the closest to flight he can come in human form is double jumps (and recently also hovering on the metal wings of the Lucifer weapon).

Now, to those who still thinks Kratos has speed advantage- a bit of reaction speed feats.
Famous blocking bullets with his very own shots:
Vs Nero
http://www.wegame.com/watch/DMC4_Ne..._Bloody_Palace/
Vs Lady
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLqhh8pFSsE

Deflects bullets with his sword (he and Vergil look like they're playing some weird kind of tennis with swords and bullets)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XiwwJcb0q8

Riding the rocket from rocket launcher
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FQoUuzlCms

Analysis on speed feats- and as for soul suck, he can resist it for 15 minutes when young, with age that resistance most probably strengthened as for what we know from DMC2 storyline\stats he becomes resistant to "instant death" spells\curses which includes soul wrecking things.
By sheep thingy you mean polymorph (spelling?), I think? Wast arsenal of spells is what gives Illidan the slight enge here, as Dante is warrior without proper spellcasting training.

And once again, the strain of DT is more of mental one than physical- it's mostly CIS on Dante's part given the circumstances of him losing his family- that's why demonic form is his last hope ability.

But recently after getting Lucifer weapon he shows (at least in cutscenes) the ability to hover in the air even in human form using its metal wings).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZE7wnnDNxA
Floating missle battery of Pandora is also helpful thing, and there's also its power of releasing chaos in the world (completely obliterating whatever defencive barriers opponents have).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEv94cwQRIw

RIP Fluffy

Old Post May 6th, 2008 05:04 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

http://www.twilightvisions.com/dant...cturnestats.jpg

DMC2 stats converted into Nocturne (DMC2 Dante was a guest character in the series, storyline wise SMT:Nocturne is non-canon to DMC, yet it was stated by Capcom that Dante featured there is the same one as in DMC2 so Dante's storyline here is a fanfiction based on DMC2). That stats match well with the immunity to most kinds of attacks Super Sparda form shows (though those are partially gameplay, I agree on that).

RIP Fluffy

Old Post May 6th, 2008 05:18 PM
Rapidash

This fight would likely not last 15 minutes, so the resistance thing will exclude the soul ripping effect from the fight. Illidan could win this with parasites and indirect combat. He could deploy flames of Azzinoth and work the fight to his advantage by trying to keep distance from Dante and simply overwhelming him with the spells rather than trying to take him on heads up.

If Illidan transform, he will be less agile but a hell lot more endurant and powerful. Becoming a demon would normally make Illidan a winner, but Dante's superior speed will work in a little advantage there.

I believe that the fight would have to end quickly. The longer it lasts, the higher are the chances that Illidan win. This is determined by the 15 minute protection, as well as the fact that Illidan is using parasite effects to over time harm his opposition.

Perspective

Old Post May 7th, 2008 08:47 AM
ZephroCarnelian

I do not believe that it would take 25 co-ordinated people, including warriors, mages and healers, to bring down Dante.

Illidan will win from sheer virtue of insane endurance. Not to mention Warglaives>Dante's sword smile

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post May 24th, 2008 02:59 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
I do not believe that it would take 25 co-ordinated people, including warriors, mages and healers, to bring down Dante.

Illidan will win from sheer virtue of insane endurance. Not to mention Warglaives>Dante's sword smile

At his best? 25 ain't enough. Time stop alone is a ***** to deal with. Not to mention Dante's speed exceeds anything I've seen at Illidan's level.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 10:25 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

25 would easily beat Dante, they would simply use their own powers to incapaicate him from fields, hell a mage would just Sheep him then blow his head off with a fireball. although using gameplay mechanics is lousy

Old Post May 24th, 2008 10:28 PM
NemeBro

And Dante would time freeze and decapitate them all.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 10:40 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

not really, half the warriors in Warcrat probably wear armor far beyond what Dante can cut, whereby the enchantments are high.

And show me him time freezing living beings, weve seen him stop a few rocks floating in the air, yet every instance ive seen of him doing it to living beings it only slows them, also i doubt he would be able to do them all in before it runs out, the time power only lasts for a very short duration, perhaps about 10 seconds or less if i remember correctly.

Old Post May 24th, 2008 10:43 PM
fascistcrusader
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL. Armor in WoW is a joke to people half Dante's strength. I'm afraid that there simply aren't any characters in WoW that could stop Dante, a group of 100 attacking him at once would be lucky if more than 3 survived the encounter.

Old Post May 25th, 2008 06:07 AM
fascistcrusader is currently offline Click here to Send fascistcrusader a Private Message Find more posts by fascistcrusader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I refuse to debate on the same side as FC. Hope you understand.

Old Post May 25th, 2008 06:21 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Quite. yes I'm arguing for Dante and even I think I'm on the wrong side.

Old Post May 25th, 2008 06:45 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rapidash

Originally posted by fascistcrusader
LOL. Armor in WoW is a joke to people half Dante's strength. I'm afraid that there simply aren't any characters in WoW that could stop Dante, a group of 100 attacking him at once would be lucky if more than 3 survived the encounter.

There are many WoW (Not Warcraft, only WoW) characters that would squish Dante yes

Originally posted by Burning thought
25 would easily beat Dante, they would simply use their own powers to incapaicate him from fields, hell a mage would just Sheep him then blow his head off with a fireball. although using gameplay mechanics is lousy

Polymorph is not a game mechanic stick out tongue

Perspective

Old Post May 25th, 2008 11:04 AM
MadMel
Heh

no but the instant tranformation back once the sheep gets attacked is erm

Old Post May 25th, 2008 11:29 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rapidash

Yeah yes

Perspective

Old Post May 25th, 2008 11:37 AM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

FC, darling, could you stop ruining the image of Dante's fan? Nobody ever tried transmutational spells on him, so whether it works or not left open. Nobody tried to transmute him in DMC series yet...so no precedent- nothing to talk about. It may very well affect him.. or may not- we didn't saw it (Nocturne feats are non-canon (only character stats are since they're taken from DMC2) so it doesn't count).

Dante is not low-level by any standarts, it's that he isn't Sargeras and will NEVER be. But he's in Illidan's league and match would be pretty even. I agree with Trickster and disagree with ridiculous hype FC is sprouting around.
Though if we use Dante at his best, we can assume "instant kill" blasts from Sparda form. They would hurt Illidan noticeably- oneshotting anyone in game with that DDT thing is gameplay, but it's still very potent attack.

Dante- may win over Illidan (not majority), give good fight to Archimonde-tier, gets eaten alive for breakfast by Sargeras tier. That may be biased though.

RIP Fluffy

Old Post May 26th, 2008 11:30 AM