KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Samus Aran vs Ryu Hayabusa: The Rematch

Samus Aran vs Ryu Hayabusa: The Rematch
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Samus Aran vs Ryu Hayabusa: The Rematch

Their last epic battle ended in outside interference from Metroids, Space Pirates, Viggorian soldiers and Demons.

Now, it is time for Round two.

ROUND ONE: NINTENDO BATTLE! Classic Ryu and Classic Samus in their NES versions.

ROUND TWO: SUPER NINTENDO BATTLE! Samus and Ryu in their SNES versions

ROUND THREE: NEXT-GEN BATTLE Samus and Ryu on the Gamecube/Wii and the PS3/Xbox, respectively

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post May 9th, 2008 01:48 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

Round one: Samus
Round two: Ryu Hayabusa
Round three: Could go either way given the abilities of either worrior sense i dont see any limits placed. But my vote goes to Ryu hayabusa.

Be smart, and use corrective grammar, so you don;t sound like a complete jackass."

In the Great words of Shao Khaun
"YOU HAVE FAAAIIILLLLED!!!!!!!!"

Old Post May 9th, 2008 02:33 AM
Csdabest is currently offline Click here to Send Csdabest a Private Message Find more posts by Csdabest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Samus has got the superior fire power... but I think Ryu's got the versatility. If he gets in close it's over for her. Her only hope is to keep him at a distance.

Old Post May 9th, 2008 04:44 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Keollyn
Qitian Dasheng

I'll assume all canon sources are still relevant. Samus is faster than Ryu then. Add that to her superior weaponry and Ryu would lose in short time.

Old Post May 9th, 2008 05:13 AM
Keollyn is currently offline Click here to Send Keollyn a Private Message Find more posts by Keollyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

She's... faster? In what way? Moving speed, combat speed, reflexes.. etc? Samsu always struck me as kind of... uh... not "clunky" so much as... clunky.

Old Post May 9th, 2008 05:28 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Keollyn
Qitian Dasheng

She outran whatever those futuristic guns shoot when she wasn't even near the intended target twice. Once outside of armor and one with armor. She mach 17 with her speedboosters according to official source.

Old Post May 9th, 2008 06:29 AM
Keollyn is currently offline Click here to Send Keollyn a Private Message Find more posts by Keollyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

At running, Ryu has the faster reflexes.

Old Post May 10th, 2008 03:02 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

Yeah and Ninja Gaiden 2 with his speed dash. His speed is probably on par with Loz. Which some people even say he is on par with the speed of Omega weiss sadly. But hey thats them. But Ryu Gets some crazy speed boost. He basically move as fast as he did when he performed Storm of the Heavenly dragon.

Also where is the canon source of her speed. I know when she has speed boosters her speed is to be reconned with. But i would like an example or a source. Also June 3rd Ryu will definetly take next gen. If you all want to wait. Because

Art of the Peircing Void= instant pwn

Be smart, and use corrective grammar, so you don;t sound like a complete jackass."

Old Post May 10th, 2008 06:43 AM
Csdabest is currently offline Click here to Send Csdabest a Private Message Find more posts by Csdabest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Keollyn
Qitian Dasheng

The official manga and the description within Super Metroid.

Old Post May 10th, 2008 02:59 PM
NemeBro

Metroid has an official manga?

Old Post May 10th, 2008 03:51 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

O_o yeah thats what I was wondering. and wow.....Manga gives charries such crazy powers.

Whats the manga called so I can look it up and check it copyright information.

Old Post May 10th, 2008 05:14 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

This is the official e-Manga, and a rather good translation (minus the nifty sound and animation) is here. Quite the cool little activity. It details her life at the age of 3 on the K-2L mining colony, followed by the Space Pirate attack which only she survived. The Chozo found and took her in, infusing her with Chozo blood/DNA, which gives her enhanced physical abilities, including strength, speed, and jumping ability. The manga shows this in the second chapter, where she is a teen in training.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post May 10th, 2008 05:53 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Meh...Pyron would kick her ass.

What are her reflexes?

Old Post May 10th, 2008 05:56 PM
Csdabest

It sucks cuz Manga gives like the most Craziess power boost.

Old Post May 10th, 2008 06:28 PM
Keollyn
Qitian Dasheng

Actually, I doubt it's a boost. You have to remember that they already depict Samus as superhuman in the games. It's just graphcs limitation cannot display that.

I mean, even in the game, they've stated she lived on a planet that would kill even the toughest human in 3 days.

Old Post May 10th, 2008 06:52 PM
Csdabest

Yeah but Mach 17? with her speed boosters....Thats on hell of a speed boost.

Old Post May 11th, 2008 12:29 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by General Kaliero
This is the official e-Manga, and a rather good translation (minus the nifty sound and animation) is here. Quite the cool little activity. It details her life at the age of 3 on the K-2L mining colony, followed by the Space Pirate attack which only she survived. The Chozo found and took her in, infusing her with Chozo blood/DNA, which gives her enhanced physical abilities, including strength, speed, and jumping ability. The manga shows this in the second chapter, where she is a teen in training.

mmm... I can't tell if it's supposed to be read from right to left like a traditional manga or left to right like a.. non-traditional manga.

Old Post May 12th, 2008 04:29 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Well, the most obvious answer is to read the speech bubbles as they come up... which is generally right to left.

On the battle itself... I don't know much about Ryu, but SNES Samus (specifically from Super Metroid) was one of the most powerful video game characters of that era.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post May 12th, 2008 05:46 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

I gave it to Snes Ryu because Thats the one where Ryu Has his Immortall Clones and Samus is really doing much about those.

Old Post May 12th, 2008 05:56 PM