KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Kain v.s Kratos (Specific rules!)

Kain v.s Kratos (Specific rules!)
Started by: Papa Borzarou

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Papa Borzarou

Kain v.s Kratos (Specific rules!)

I know there have been several battles featuring these two characters but they have all decended into fanboy gibberish with the likes of "immortality" and "returning from Hades" have seemed to be be teh deciding factors. Therefore, I would like to put forward a few rules.

In this battle, a win counts as a KO. Yes Kain may be immortal, regardless of his destiny or his powers, but if he is forced to retreat via batform, this does count as a KO.
Same with Kratos, he may have proven that he can cheat death by returning from Hades, but he got the poop kicked out of him to send him there, counting as a KO.

Also, some favour Kain as an all out winner by using the Spirit Reaver at the end of Defiance. This is downright cheap. It is impossible to clarify just how powerful the Spirit Reaver is, so I will not include it this in this battle. Kain possesses all his powers at the beginning of Defiance, along with the abilities he accquired throughout it.
Also, Kratos will not have his God Form, since he lost this ability at the beginning of GOW2. He will possess all the powers/magic/weapons he acquired throughtout GOW2 though.

As you can see, i want this battle to come down to physical skill and strength, experience, cunning and ability, the way it should be settled!

Now that I have clarfied these points, happy debating! big grin

Old Post May 31st, 2008 02:04 AM
Papa Borzarou is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Borzarou a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Borzarou Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

So whats imporant in this battle for me is ime guessing Kain cannot use his extremely cheap powers? such as Blood shower, Incapacitate, Stun, Spirit death/wrack? does he get his repel shield yes or no?

Second thing i would like to make clear is what weapons are they using? i mean technically i think Kratos if he is holding the blade of Olympus he regains his godlike power, does Kain get the soul reaver? or the blood reaver? it doesnt have to be the purified spirit Kain to hold the reaver in its soul form, for example the form he has in BO an BO2

Old Post May 31st, 2008 10:32 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papa Borzarou

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Burning thought
So whats imporant in this battle for me is ime guessing Kain cannot use his extremely cheap powers? such as Blood shower, Incapacitate, Stun, Spirit death/wrack? does he get his repel shield yes or no?

Second thing i would like to make clear is what weapons are they using? i mean technically i think Kratos if he is holding the blade of Olympus he regains his godlike power, does Kain get the soul reaver? or the blood reaver? it doesnt have to be the purified spirit Kain to hold the reaver in its soul form, for example the form he has in BO an BO2

No No, Kain is indeed able to use all of his aformentioned abilities, its just the Spirit Reaver thats not permitted, but all other Reaver incarnations are.

But Kratos doesnt regain his God abilities when he uses the Blade of Olympus against Zeus at the end of GOW2. He isnt able to grow to God size and the likes of Poseidons Rage etc are still lost to him. The Blade of Olympus can still be used, but the likes of "This Blade pwned Zeus" isnt a viable arguement. Im sure you understand me clearly smile

Old Post May 31st, 2008 02:49 PM
Papa Borzarou is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Borzarou a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Borzarou Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

well ofc that would be A>B logic but when Kratos holds the blade, although he cannot grow to God size, he gains the strength and power through the blade, thats why when Kratos gets knocked down by the Colossus of rhodes at the end of the battle, he is mortal because all his power is in the blade and he has to reclaim the blade to regain it.

But if Kain is allowed all his abilities then Kain wins with the greatest ease

Old Post May 31st, 2008 03:02 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papa Borzarou

well ofc that would be A>B logic but when Kratos holds the blade, although he cannot grow to God size, he gains the strength and power through the blade, thats why when Kratos gets knocked down by the Colossus of rhodes at the end of the battle, he is mortal because all his power is in the blade and he has to reclaim the blade to regain it.

But if Kain is allowed all his abilities then Kain wins with the greatest ease

Well i wasnt denying that Kratos lost his powers to the blade at the beginning of GOW2 but I think that his new found Titan powers combined with the Blade of Olympus allowed him to triumph over Zeus.

Anyway, I would agree that Kain wins this battle but I disagree on easily. Kratos is highly durable, he could withstand an absolute thrashing from Kain and his Reaver, and Kain's TK would do little more than fuel his anger. Kinetic Shackles would be Kains preferred move, immobilising Kratos while he slashes him up good. However, Kratos does possess powerful weapons himself with a far greater reach than that of the Reaver. I wouldnt be surprised if Kratos got the upperhand on Kain in pure hand to hand combat.
But it Kain takes a beating, he will then resort to his most powerful Dark Gifts, those being soul rip and immolate, destroying Kratos on the spot. I believe Kain would cherish in melee combat with a foe as powerful as Kratos initially, only utilising his lethally powerful techniques if things turned in Kratos favour. There is a hint of a chivalarous side in Kain.
Kratos could use his more powerful abilities (Rage of the Titans, Crono's Rage) in an attempt to defeat Kain quickly, but Kain's speed and his Mist ability would minimalise the damage caused.

It would be a tough fight, but Kain would triumph in the end.

Last edited by Papa Borzarou on Jun 1st, 2008 at 02:20 AM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2008 02:17 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Papa Borzarou
Well i wasnt denying that Kratos lost his powers to the blade at the beginning of GOW2 but I think that his new found Titan powers combined with the Blade of Olympus allowed him to triumph over Zeus.

Anyway, I would agree that Kain wins this battle but I disagree on easily. Kratos is highly durable, he could withstand an absolute thrashing from Kain and his Reaver, and Kain's TK would do little more than fuel his anger. Kinetic Shackles would be Kains preferred move, immobilising Kratos while he slashes him up good. However, Kratos does possess powerful weapons himself with a far greater reach than that of the Reaver. I wouldnt be surprised if Kratos got the upperhand on Kain in pure hand to hand combat.
But it Kain takes a beating, he will then resort to his most powerful Dark Gifts, those being soul rip and immolate, destroying Kratos on the spot. I believe Kain would cherish in melee combat with a foe as powerful as Kratos initially, only utilising his lethally powerful techniques if things turned in Kratos favour. There is a hint of a chivalarous side in Kain.
Kratos could use his more powerful abilities (Rage of the Titans, Crono's Rage) in an attempt to defeat Kain quickly, but Kain's speed and his Mist ability would minimalise the damage caused.

It would be a tough fight, but Kain would triumph in the end.

Indeed but the tough part would only be if Kain as he probably would doesnt just use Soul rip,wrack.blood shower, incapaicate etc etc his super moves

I think if this was just a sword fight for Kain but give Kratos everything, then this could be an interesting fight, because Kains speed, mist abilities etc allow him to dodge and escape most weapons/projectiles as would his speed, I agree Kratos reach is long but Kain is just too fast, his jump skill would allow him to clear the gap in no time and his mist will allow him to do it without Kratos being able to harm Kain AND the likeliness he wont be able to even find Kain so Kain will be able to surprise Kratos from the mist with a reaver slash. I think Kratos tho will take a good few reaver slashes to kill, the blast of the blade as it hits can rip a normal man into a pieces with one strike but Kratos is no normal man. in melee his strength surpasses Kain so Kain will have to use a combination of his speed and mist to move around Kratos and attacking his exposed points, the guy wouldnt be able ot defend himself so much against Kains assault. And as you said before, TK shackles would do him a lot of good, one of them and kratos is almost incapaciated, not able to move so Kain puts the sword into him and takes his soul.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2008 08:03 AM
Papa Borzarou

Hmm, yes i would agree Kain is faster but Kratos is no slouch himself, his dodging ability is impressive, being able to barrel roll and backlfip great distances out of harms way. Unless incapacitated by Kinetic shackles, Kratos could easily roll out of the way of Kains attacks. Yes Kain can use his jump ability, but in both BO2 and Defiance, this technique has always taken a short time to be used, showing that Kain has to focus his energies into his legs briefly before he can jump long distances, id say Kratos would be fast enough to halt this process if he was close enough. If Kratos was to knock Kain into the air with Olympic Ascension, i doubt there would be much Kain could do to defend agaisnt the airbourne onslaught.
Kratos physical strength would be useless in this battle, as if he ever managed to grab the ancient, I think Kain would do to Kratos as he did to Raziel in the SR2 opening stick out tongue
Kain still wins but i still dont think he would win easily on a swordfight, Kratos has proven himself to be a quality melee combat fighter

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 02:04 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Problem is Kain could escape any of Kratos' attacks through mist forming instantly fast in and out of the attacks Kratos uses, and he could with ease move to a diffrrent location and ime not sure this would be fair unless this is God Kratos only the small one without the size ofc, then he could survive a few slashes of the reaver

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 02:54 PM
Sappho
Self-Made

you guys crazzy?? kratos takes this, easily. he has golden fleece, which he uses to repel ANY attack. also. id say kratos is more aggressive, has rage of the titans and can use his magic to kill kain easily. Head of euryale will turn him to stone, he has long range with typhons bane. and has automatic damage with cronos' rage. and his strenght is craaaazy, he lifted atlas' hand ( a ver big 4 armed titan ) which the wieght he probably put on kratos was MASSIVE. and ( i dont know if this is legal ) kratos has the power to control time( mother gaia even said so ). so, even without the time control, kratos pretty much dominates this fight.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 05:52 AM
Sappho is currently offline Click here to Send Sappho a Private Message Find more posts by Sappho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Re: Kain v.s Kratos (Specific rules!)

Originally posted by Papa Borzarou
I know there have been several battles featuring these two characters but they have all decended into fanboy gibberish with the likes of "immortality" and "returning from Hades" have seemed to be be teh deciding factors. Therefore, I would like to put forward a few rules.

In this battle, a win counts as a KO. Yes Kain may be immortal, regardless of his destiny or his powers, but if he is forced to retreat via batform, this does count as a KO.
Same with Kratos, he may have proven that he can cheat death by returning from Hades, but he got the poop kicked out of him to send him there, counting as a KO.

Also, some favour Kain as an all out winner by using the Spirit Reaver at the end of Defiance. This is downright cheap. It is impossible to clarify just how powerful the Spirit Reaver is, so I will not include it this in this battle. Kain possesses all his powers at the beginning of Defiance, along with the abilities he accquired throughout it.
Also, Kratos will not have his God Form, since he lost this ability at the beginning of GOW2. He will possess all the powers/magic/weapons he acquired throughtout GOW2 though.

As you can see, i want this battle to come down to physical skill and strength, experience, cunning and ability, the way it should be settled!

Now that I have clarfied these points, happy debating! big grin

Physically, Kratos wins hands down.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 06:41 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by k1Lla441
you guys crazzy?? kratos takes this, easily. he has golden fleece, which he uses to repel ANY attack. also. id say kratos is more aggressive, has rage of the titans and can use his magic to kill kain easily. Head of euryale will turn him to stone, he has long range with typhons bane. and has automatic damage with cronos' rage. and his strenght is craaaazy, he lifted atlas' hand ( a ver big 4 armed titan ) which the wieght he probably put on kratos was MASSIVE. and ( i dont know if this is legal ) kratos has the power to control time( mother gaia even said so ). so, even without the time control, kratos pretty much dominates this fight.

Kratos has no chance, strength is his only bonus, apart from that, Kain dominates every other area

everyone can spam a move list but Kain can easily either escape everything Kratos can do, his powers are too slow and his attacks although good reach in melee, Kain doesnt have to fight melee and Kratos only real long range moves are slow or weak, Kain dismantles Kratos with likely any power at his disposal.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 09:04 AM
Sappho
Self-Made

Kratos has no chance, strength is his only bonus, apart from that, Kain dominates every other area

everyone can spam a move list but Kain can easily either escape everything Kratos can do, his powers are too slow and his attacks although good reach in melee, Kain doesnt have to fight melee and Kratos only real long range moves are slow or weak, Kain dismantles Kratos with likely any power at his disposal.

So kain can control time also? can he stop time? i didnt think so. and i seriously doubt he can get a hit on kratos because he has the golden fleece. kratos wins this fight hands down.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 10:39 PM
Sappho is currently offline Click here to Send Sappho a Private Message Find more posts by Sappho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

So kain can control time also? can he stop time? i didnt think so.
Actually...He can control time.

Not likie it matters though, whatwith Kratos having the power of the Sisters of Fate.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 10:46 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Terryc250

No Kain can't control time..

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 10:50 PM
Terryc250 is currently offline Click here to Send Terryc250 a Private Message Find more posts by Terryc250 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

He can slow it, not totally control it.

Though Kratos could just warp to when Kain had no vampire powers and kill him. no expression

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 10:52 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Terryc250

He can slow only nearby opponents, and thats after his reaver has enough blood/souls

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 10:56 PM
Terryc250 is currently offline Click here to Send Terryc250 a Private Message Find more posts by Terryc250 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I know.

But he can control time to an extent.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 10:58 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

So kain can control time also? can he stop time? i didnt think so. and i seriously doubt he can get a hit on kratos because he has the golden fleece. kratos wins this fight hands down.

Sure he can control time and when has kratos stopped time, i dont remember that one?

golden fleece? what nonsense, the golden fleece is like an armlet shield in GOW that blocks projectiles, its not an impssible unstoppable forcefield....

Kain could elimnate Kratos with one blood gout or shower

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 11:31 PM
NemeBro

Only Kratos could just teleport to when Kain was human and pwn him.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 11:33 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

no he couldnt, Kratos does not have the threads of fate, the knowledge of Kains timeline, Kain would not even have the correct objects Kratos needs, i.e the thread of Kains timeline to be albe to travel there.

that would be like me saying Kain could just use the chronoplast to go back to when Kratos was a spartan child

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 11:35 PM