KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Metal Gear War: FOX Unit Soldiers VS. Gurlukovich Mercenaries

Metal Gear War: FOX Unit Soldiers VS. Gurlukovich Mercenaries
Started by: ThoraxeRMG

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Metal Gear War: FOX Unit Soldiers VS. Gurlukovich Mercenaries

50 FOX Unit Soldiers VS. 50 Gurlukovich Mercenaries
The FOX Unit Soldiers start at the 'Heliport' and the Merc's start at the 'Nuclear Warhead Storage' area. Both groups have all of the Card Keys.
The 'Hind D' Liquid used is at the Heliport, all items and weapons are at their original places, there is one M1-Abram Tank at the "Tank Hangar' and another one in the 'Snow Canyon' area.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 10:09 PM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

I'd give it to Gurlukovich's soldiers.

The hard thing here is to gauge the difference in combat technique between the Fox unit and the mercenaries. How much has combat changed during the 30'something years that have passed between them?
I think the mercenaries have the better techniques, they seemed very skilled when taking the boat, cutting down people from behind without a sound, snapping necks, etc. Very efficient.
FOX... Well, I can't honestly say I've seen much from them. You can take members in Portable Ops, but the stats vary from person to person, I'm not sure.

I'd give the technique edge to the Mercenaries.

Weapons are definitely going to the mercenaries.

The FOX unit soldiers have a Hind-D, and since the two tanks are closer to the mercenaries than the FOX unit I'd say they would seize both. Which means they got two tanks against one chopper. Now I'm no expert on this, can't say what's better.

All in all, I'd say the Mercenaries would take this as far as I can see this at the moment. But if someone brings some new points up that I've missed I might change my mind.

I like these threads. Smart thinking!

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 10:25 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

If the vehicles are going to be a part of it... then any side with the Hind is going to kick all kinds of @$$...

The Hind D is a Tank Killer... an Airborne APC... and any unit who controls airspace has a huge advantage...

Sorry to say it, but 2 abrams tanks won't even be able to hit a chopper...

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2008 01:27 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Yes, anyone can use the equipment and vehicles.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2008 06:26 AM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
If the vehicles are going to be a part of it... then any side with the Hind is going to kick all kinds of @$$...

The Hind D is a Tank Killer... an Airborne APC... and any unit who controls airspace has a huge advantage...

Sorry to say it, but 2 abrams tanks won't even be able to hit a chopper...

Cool! Then I guess the FOX unit takes it because of the Hind.

How the hell did Snake beat one of those single handedly?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2008 10:43 AM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Plot Induced Stuipidity.

Plus, he was armed with Stinger Missiles, they are designed to take down aircraft.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2008 06:13 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

i put it down to gameplay..in an actual situation, the attacks the hind made would have desdtroyed any cover snake could take, leaving him wide open

topic wise, i think FOX definately has the advantage with the hind..

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2008 06:49 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Or Snake's just as Otacon puts it, "crazy". No one takes down a Hind TWICE in his life by luck.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2008 10:49 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

If I were one of those FOX soldiers, I'd shoot a rocket into the Nuclear Warhead storage and see a bunch of mercs get blown to pieces.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 12:57 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote