KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » ThunderGod Cid Orlandeu vs Auron

ThunderGod Cid Orlandeu vs Auron
Started by: Zack Fair

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

ThunderGod Cid Orlandeu vs Auron

The Commander of the Southern Sky Knights. Possesing the Sword Saint skill which delivers masterful slashes that annihilate enemies.

The famed guardian of Lord Braska. A legendary warrior who is unsent and fought alongside Jecht.

The 2 seasoned veterans fight in Dollet(FFVIII)

Discuss.

I'm rooting for this guy
(please log in to view the image)

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 11:53 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Well Orlandu is naturally equipped with Excalibur, which casts a permanent haste on him.

He also has extremely powerful attacks which can not only affect a wide area, but they can destroy Auron's weapons or equipment.

Orlandu is generally considered one of the top characters in the game, up there with Zalbane, and Ramza's dad.

But he however doesn't have any real cutscene feats due to the nature of FFT.

I still say Cid wins though.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 11:57 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I agree.

It is a shame that we didn't get the chance to witness TG Cid's phenomenal sword skills on CGi movies. I was looking forward to something like that in FFT: War of the Lions for PSP, but it did not happen.

However even without any real feats to grasp I believe given his position, the respect and the fact that he is broken as hell in the game I give it to him as well.

Not taking anything away from Auron since he is one of my favorite characters(IMO Auron is FF's Solid Snake) but Orlandeu's Sword Saint(Holy Swordsman in the original game) skill, his speed and overall stats make him triumphant.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 12:06 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Yeah, he was truly uber.

He was considered to be, along with Zalbane, the only warrior who could equal Ramza's father.

He was indeed broken, the only way to have a more broken character is to customize your Ramza just right.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 12:10 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Thank God for Cid Orlandeu! That game was a total struggle until he joined me, that guy is ubber.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 05:25 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

My Ramza was better.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 07:07 PM
No End N Site

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
My Ramza was better.
Is yur Ramza a Dark Knight?

-Anakaris-

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 07:13 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

No.

To uberfy Ramza, become a Monk with Guts as your secondary skill.

Use the Ninja Skill Two Swords, and the Time Mage skill Teleport.

Learn Ultima at some point in the game.

Ramza will be able to travel anywhere on the map unhindered, and ever physical attack will do at least 700 damage.

The only drawback is low health.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 07:15 PM
No End N Site

No.

To uberfy Ramza, become a Monk with Guts as your secondary skill.

Use the Ninja Skill Two Swords, and the Time Mage skill Teleport.

Learn Ultima at some point in the game.

Ramza will be able to travel anywhere on the map unhindered, and ever physical attack will do at least 700 damage.

The only drawback is low health.
"Guts" what is that?

And so I take it that bare fists wit "Brawler" is better than havin a sword?

And they never use Ultima on me, they only do it to that weak ass Luso dude.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 07:18 PM
NemeBro

Guts is the skill Ramza gets as a Squire.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 07:23 PM
No End N Site

Guts is the skill Ramza gets as a Squire.
WHAT?! WHEN?!

The last thing I got was "Shout".

-Anakaris-

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 07:34 PM
NemeBro

...Dude, it is the name of the Squire skills for Ramza. no expression

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 07:49 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Monk Ramza is good because of his shout which increases his bravery and attack.

Still I have a Dark knight Ramza with Iadlo(Samurai skills) and he is almost as broken as Orlandeau. With the Vehemerence DK skill Ramza's attack is doubled(Pretty much killing everything in 1 blow) while his defense is halved, but it matters not because I have him with Dragonheart which means he will reraise every time he gets KO'ed and since he has the Sanguine sword skill which drains and awful lot of HP it will be hard as hell to KO him in the first place.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 11:14 PM
NemeBro

Wait...Oh shit, lol, I don't have the FFT for the PSP. Only played the original.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 11:15 PM