KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Lich King Versus Highfather

Lich King Versus Highfather
Started by: TruthSeeker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TruthSeeker

Lich King Versus Highfather

I have heard them all! Lich King is supposively omnipotent. Lich King is supposively the strongest in WCU. Lich King is supposively unkillable. Lich King is supposively limitless. Lich King supposively masters all elements of WCU. Lich King is supposively the mightiest soul in WCU. Lich King supposively can never completely die.

I am but a truthseeker, wanting an answer. How powerful is Lich King? By sending him up against the strongest advesary thinkable in WCU and hear the voice of fans, I hope to determine just how strong he truelly is.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 12:26 PM
TruthSeeker is currently offline Click here to Send TruthSeeker a Private Message Find more posts by TruthSeeker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

Lich King falls.. The same instant the fight starts..

"You will too eventually be part of my collection"

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 12:37 PM
Nozdormu is currently offline Click here to Send Nozdormu a Private Message Find more posts by Nozdormu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

I may not be a Warcraft professional compared to ones such as Becci and Nozdormu, but I know when things are obvious. Lich King goes down. Hard stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 12:54 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Lich King goes down so hard...

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 04:02 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

nobody can determine how strong he truly is Truthseeker apart from Blizzard employees, and we are unlikely to know until lore is released on the character describing of his full powers.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 05:37 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TruthSeeker

So you do not want to exclude that it is possible Lich King can kill Highfather? That Lich King might be equivalent or beyond Highfather in actual power? That it is possible that a creation of Kil'Jaeden could take such an ascent in power that he surpass the Titans and kicks Highfather in the crotch?

Hypothetically straight trough, with usage of theoretic speculations, can Lich King kill Highfather? The grandmaster of the Pantheon.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 06:26 PM
TruthSeeker is currently offline Click here to Send TruthSeeker a Private Message Find more posts by TruthSeeker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

No, he can't.

There is absolutely nothing to support that he can.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 07:27 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Agreed.

Nozdurmo's power originates from Highfather unless the Lich King has documented abilities to counter timebased attacks he is powerless against Highfather and too my knowlegde he doesn't have any.

Highfather For the Win.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 07:51 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Lich King needs to stop being overrated, at his absolute best he would be as strong as Kiljaedan, and even that is doubtful.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 07:54 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

agreed.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 07:59 PM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Everything will be unraveled when you fight him in WotLK. It will then be determined on the active scenario, if you get help, if he is weakened, what abilities he uses and such factors. The encounter with Lich King will show how powerful he is.

The only current solid feats we have since Arthas became Lich King are:
- High level telepathy
- Bring one Frostwyrm to live
- Control undead

Last edited by Super Marie 64 on Sep 12th, 2008 at 10:41 AM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 10:39 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

I look forward to see him using two sets of power necromancy and Frost.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 03:24 PM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

No matter how many schools of magic he masters, I doubt we'll ever see him on par with Amanthul. The titan created time, did he not?

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 03:28 PM
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

It's indirectly suggested that he did, yes.. And your quite right, as it's virtually impossible for Lich King to even have the glimpse of a shot against Highfather.. Anyone who gave Nozdormu his powers would be nigh unstoppable on a planetary level.. Highfather's powers over time would surpass Nozdormu, and that is sufficient enough to grant him victory against most thinkable foes.. Especially ones such as Lich King who'd be considered in the "lower" high-Tier of Warcraft..

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 03:48 PM
Nozdormu is currently offline Click here to Send Nozdormu a Private Message Find more posts by Nozdormu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

quote: (post)
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
No matter how many schools of magic he masters, I doubt we'll ever see him on par with Amanthul. The titan created time, did he not?

It's more out of interest too see how accurate the MoM is.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 03:58 PM
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

But to answer the question that I think TruthSeeker was asking..

Lich King should not be near as powerful as you have seem to heard him be.. He is a highly advanced Lich, a geinous and highly advanced telepath.. There are no implications of him being anything else.. Nothing indicates him being a match for the Pantheon, or beings within their league..

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 04:05 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Lich King is not highfather level, but I personalyl think hes not far off from Titan level

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 07:01 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Regarding Arthas's abilities, obviously all death knight powers shown in Warcraft and WoW are available, and probably all lich/necromatic powers as well. Add in Ice and his ability to generate the plague of undeath himself, and he's got alot of things to choose from.

I was going to ask why Highfather of the new gods is here in VG versus, but apparently it's the leader of the Titans. No chance.

Kiljaeden is iffy, but obviously he's stronger than Illidan by quite abit, and he's powerful enough to basically ignore the dragons.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 06:19 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TruthSeeker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Burning thought
The Lich King is not highfather level, but I personalyl think hes not far off from Titan level

Why would he then need bodyguards? Makes little sense that one as powerful as a titan require two bodyguards in the current WCU Azeroth. Not many powerful characters still stand.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 10:11 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Titans like Amanthal are powerful, why would Titans so powerful need to designate a champion like Sarg? surely they are all powerful, the reason is simple, they simply want to, also what bodyguards do you speak of? also Titans are defeatable, all beings are defeatable in Warcraft, Sargeras plans all backfired and he is considered one of the most powerful Titans to excist.

I dont think Arthas needs bodyguards, he is by far the most powerful being int he Scourge that much is obvious.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 10:21 AM