KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Team Battle

The victor...
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Team 1 4 66.67%
Team 2 2 33.33%
Total: 6 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Team Battle
Started by: ArtificialGlory

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Team Battle

Team 1:
God Kefka
Ganondorf

Team 2:
Deathwing
Kil'jaeden

Rules:
a) No Greater Finger of Death, Finger of Death, and Darkness of a Thousand Souls for the first 10 minutes of the fight. Endless Hunger is banned altogether.
b) Ganondorf has the Triforce of Power. Deathwing does not have the Demon/Dragon Soul.

The fight takes place on an Earth-like planet. The teams start 1 mile apart.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 02:37 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Deathwing solo's everyone.

The guy is tenfold his old power, which was already massive.

He broken through a dimensional barrier using his physical strength alone. In doing so he physically changed the face of an entire planet. Everyone here gets annihilated.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 03:09 PM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by EvilAngel
Deathwing solo's everyone.

The guy is tenfold his old power, which was already massive.

He broken through a dimensional barrier using his physical strength alone. In doing so he physically changed the face of an entire planet. Everyone here gets annihilated.

Where have I heard this rhetoric before? Oh yeah, that's what people used to say about the new Lich King before WotLK came out and we all saw that he wasn't all that special. And of course he was able to change the face of the entire planet; he's the Aspect of Earth, after all.

No need to overwank without knowing the facts. For the sake of it, let's use the older version of Deathwing - one that we at least know something about.

EDIT: God Kefka was also able to change the face of the entire planet. However Kefka, unlike Deathwing, did it with sheer power rather than an innate ability.

Last edited by ArtificialGlory on Oct 2nd, 2009 at 03:33 PM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 03:21 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Where have I heard this rhetoric before? Oh yeah, that's what people used to say about the new Lich King before WotLK came out and we all saw that he wasn't all that special. And of course he was able to change the face of the entire planet; he's the Aspect of Earth, after all.

No need to overwank without knowing the facts. For the sake of it, let's use the older version of Deathwing - one that we at least know something about.

EDIT: God Kefka was also able to change the face of the entire planet. However Kefka, unlike Deathwing, did it with sheer power rather than an innate ability.

Dude, i was at blizzcon, the guys told us what Deathwing did. That's the creators and designers of the game said "He physically broken through the plane of earth into Azeroth thus creating the cataclysm." they also specifically stated that his power was tenfold greater.

Those are now facts. If you think that's too powerful and want to use the old Deathwing that's fine, but don't act like it's "overwank" when the game designers have stated it. Okay sweetheart? good.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 03:42 PM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Dude, i was at blizzcon, the guys told us what Deathwing did. That's the creators and designers of the game said "He physically broken through the plane of earth into Azeroth thus creating the cataclysm." they also specifically stated that his power was tenfold greater.

Those are now facts. If you think that's too powerful and want to use the old Deathwing that's fine, but don't act like it's "overwank" when the game designers have stated it. Okay sweetheart? good.

That actually may have been pretty damn impressive if Deathwing wasn't the Aspect of Earth. It's just OK now. Oh yea, and they also stated that the Lich King was ten thousandfold more powerful. So where's the kicker?

I can almost guarantee that the new Deathwing will be far less powerful than the fanwankers make him out to be at the moment. We've got a precedent for that already. Of course, I can be wrong. Deathwing may come out and just kick everyone's ass like it's nobodies business and the Titans themselves may have to come over to show DW who's the real boss or something like that.

At any rate, let's just use the old Deathwing.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 04:00 PM
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

I don't know Kefka well enough to give a fair theory.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 04:20 PM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

That actually may have been pretty damn impressive if Deathwing wasn't the Aspect of Earth. It's just OK now. Oh yea, and they also stated that the Lich King was ten thousandfold more powerful. So where's the kicker?

I can almost guarantee that the new Deathwing will be far less powerful than the fanwankers make him out to be at the moment. We've got a precedent for that already. Of course, I can be wrong. Deathwing may come out and just kick everyone's ass like it's nobodies business and the Titans themselves may have to come over to show DW who's the real boss or something like that.

At any rate, let's just use the old Deathwing.

Never heard of that about the LK. Can you tell me when/where you heard that? because it's certainly nothing i've ever heard of.

But you can't guarantee. So far, the creators have told us this, and his breaking through a planar barrier follows this. So you have jack on your side as proof. So seriously, i think unless you have something, Anything at all on your side, you should keep your now seemingly bias opinions to yourself =\

And why is it any less impressive because he's the Aspect of earth? So far all it seems liek is a title. All he can do different to the others is he can breath lava, and his blood is lava. Unless you can prove he can... what shift open dimensional barriers?

Either way it would contradict what we were told at blizzcon. He Physically broke through.

Without that Deathwing..... probably team 1 if Kefka is as powerful as i remember him. Doesn't have have the power of like 3 gods?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 04:24 PM
Quincy
Debaser

ROXAS

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 04:27 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Never heard of that about the LK. Can you tell me when/where you heard that? because it's certainly nothing i've ever heard of.

But you can't guarantee. So far, the creators have told us this, and his breaking through a planar barrier follows this. So you have jack on your side as proof. So seriously, i think unless you have something, Anything at all on your side, you should keep your now seemingly bias opinions to yourself =\

And why is it any less impressive because he's the Aspect of earth? So far all it seems liek is a title. All he can do different to the others is he can breath lava, and his blood is lava. Unless you can prove he can... what shift open dimensional barriers?

Either way it would contradict what we were told at blizzcon. He Physically broke through.

Without that Deathwing..... probably team 1 if Kefka is as powerful as i remember him. Doesn't have have the power of like 3 gods?

I'm pretty sure it was on either worldofwarcraft.com or blizzard.com. I believe BT was the one who linked to the page about the 'new' LK.

I can't guarantee and neither can you. Hell, it seems that the creators themselves can't guarantee anything because, quite frankly, they've said things in the past that just don't make a lot of sense. It may seem pretentious, but I'm cautious about simple statements even if they come from the devs themselves.

Aspect of Earth is obviously not just a title. Or are other Aspects just nicely colored dragons with simply fancy titles too? It would go against logic to think that DW simply has a title while the other Aspects actually have real power in their spheres of influence(Time, Life, Magic, etc.).

I'm not sure what you mean by that? DW has entered the Emerald Dream before, for example.

Yes, Kefka seems to be very powerful. Though when it actually came to a real confrontation, he wasn't all that hot.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 04:52 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

i think his consciousness was expanded 10k fold, concerning the LK they claimed him the "omnipotent" LK in the same information.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 05:00 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Burning thought
i think his consciousness was expanded 10k fold, concerning the LK they claimed him the "omnipotent" LK in the same information.

Yea, that's what I remember too. I stopped taking the devs' word for it after this load of crock.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 05:03 PM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

I'm pretty sure it was on either worldofwarcraft.com or blizzard.com. I believe BT was the one who linked to the page about the 'new' LK.

I can't guarantee and neither can you. Hell, it seems that the creators themselves can't guarantee anything because, quite frankly, they've said things in the past that just don't make a lot of sense. It may seem pretentious, but I'm cautious about simple statements even if they come from the devs themselves.

Aspect of Earth is obviously not just a title. Or are other Aspects just nicely colored dragons with simply fancy titles too? It would go against logic to think that DW simply has a title while the other Aspects actually have real power in their spheres of influence(Time, Life, Magic, etc.).

I'm not sure what you mean by that? DW has entered the Emerald Dream before, for example.

Yes, Kefka seems to be very powerful. Though when it actually came to a real confrontation, he wasn't all that hot.

I doubt it. I would have read it. Are you sure you're not just making it up?

You know it's irrelevent right? Right now it is the only thing we have. And if they have said it as game designers, until disproven it is true. So far the only thing you have against it is you think they made a crazy claim

It's not, that's true, but my point is he is the only dragon who has never displayed his power over his aspect. Alexstrasza has given life, Maylgos has shown great magical abilities etc. Deathwing has nothing. And even supposing he did. i think breaking dimensional barrier is a bit outside his aspect as 'The Earthwarder' =\

Fine, but so what? not exactly an example of his power over his aspect, and even supposing it was it's in no way related to him causing the cataclysm..

To be honest, Ganondorf with the triforce makes me pretty sure that team 1 wins atleast round 2. If i remember right about kefka he and ganon probably take round 1 too.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 05:06 PM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

That's perfect reasonable if you're talking about Arthas.

He went from being a powerful death knight, to merging with a being who planned out a very complex series of events exactly as he needed them. 10k sounds a bit specific for something like that, but his conciousness growing massively makes sense atleast

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 05:08 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
To be honest, Ganondorf with the triforce makes me pretty sure that team 1 wins atleast round 2. If i remember right about kefka he and ganon probably take round 1 too.
there's only one round, those are rules a) and b) :P

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 05:09 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by ScreamPaste

Hehe. That's correct. Anyway, I think EvilAngel is mistaking the Triforce of Power for the full Triforce.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 05:11 PM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by ScreamPaste

Lol, so you're right, misread it ;p

Then team 1 kind of own i think. I mean, Kefka did alter the entire planet in an instant didn't he?

I don't think either of team 2 can stand up to that kind of power. Plus Ganondorf with the triforce. =\

Hehe. That's correct. Anyway, I think EvilAngel is mistaking the Triforce of Power for the full Triforce.

No but his feat with the triforce of power are considerably better. Like TK'ing a castle to hover constantly as for an example

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 05:12 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
I think EvilAngel is mistaking the Triforce of Power for the full Triforce.
Possibly. :P Maybe she's just quite confident in his ability with the single piece? He has shown himself to be quite the force with just that.

Edit: Yep. She's pretty confident in him.

Yeah, I think team one can win this. Ganon can lay down some pretty screwed up powers.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 05:14 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Deathwing could probably solo this, crush Ganon and bury him beneath a Volcano or something and Kiljaeden could use his TK thing to "gib" Keffy

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 05:19 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Deathwing could probably solo this, crush Ganon and bury him beneath a Volcano or something and Kiljaeden could use his TK thing to "gib" Keffy

Only problem is Deathwing has never shown this power =\

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 05:25 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pff, hes the Earth warder, if him entering Azeroth through a dimension caused all this natural devestation (did he not make a huge tornado and a volcano?) then him at full power and given some time would do it easily. He would just use his strength and size to pummel Ganon and bury him that way.

Kiljaden can destroy either Keffy and maybe Ganon with that TK Archimonde did with a gesture to rip apart a dragon (assuming he has similiar power set, we know hes more powerful than Archimonde however).

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 05:27 PM