KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Azazel vs Algol

Azazel vs Algol
Started by: Darkstorm Zero

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Azazel vs Algol

Two of namco's fighting games final bosses clash in a fight to the finish!

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
Azazel, the revealed true source of the Devil Gene in his Golden Form.

Little is known about Azazel's history, other than that he is the embodiment of the ultimate evil guarded in a tomb by Zafina, set to be released after the clash of "two evil stars" (Kazuya Mishima and Jin Kazama).

Azazel looks much like the Egyptian god Anubis, with blue-gray skin, a large, spiked tail used for attacking, and huge spikes of ice/crystal growing out of his forearms. He also wears an Egyptian ceremonial headdress and loincloth.He also apears to have shackles around his feet meaning that he was once sealed away or perhaps imprisoned for some time. His imprisonment is confirmed in the intro for the Tekken 6 game. He is almost the biggest boss in all of the Tekken series with the exception of Ogre in his 3rd form (Tekken 5: Devil Within final boss) in size.

Abilities Like many supernatural entities before him, Azazel appears to have the advantage of superpowered abilities over his opponents. These include a powerful stun attack (similar to Jinpachi Mishima), and eye lasers (similar to Devil and Angel). He also appears to have the ability to summon boulders from the ground and set them on his opponents. He can also summon scarabs made of ice to attack opponents and, when a part of his body gets destroyed after taking too much damage, he can heal himself.

(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

Algol when fully resurrected and in posession of the completed Soul edge and Soul Calibur.

Algol, also known as "The Hero King," was able to obtain Soul Edge and, with an indomitable will, avoided being controlled by it. According to the legend, he used the sword to spread peace among the lands. His son, Arcturus, jealous of his father's power, took Soul Edge, unaware of its malevolent properties, and was possessed. Algol battled and defeated his son with a fatal strike.

Remorseful after his son's death, Algol desired to create a sword to counter the evil within Soul Edge. The legend says that, using purified shards obtained from the battle with his son and the assistance of various sages, Algol was able to create Soul Calibur after many failed attempts and the sacrifice of his own life. However, the "successful" ritual produced unexpected results: the blade created was extremely similar in nature to Soul Edge due to the restlessness in Algol's soul. The tribe that was tasked with the protection of the new sword slowly purified her, sealing the Hero King's soul, keeping his thirst for power dormant over the centuries.

During the immense surge of power released when the cursed sword and the spirit sword clashed, Algol's soul, then formless, was able to absorb a small fraction of the energy. With what little he gained, he built himself a body fashioned after his older one, as well as a tower, which he deemed the "Tower of Remembrance", to reside in. Algol knew that it all would not last—once the power he absorbed had been used up, everything he had created would disappear like a mirage. He needed to obtain the swords if he intended to remain a reality. The Tower of Remembrance's sudden appearance would draw warriors to him. The swords, he knew, must be amongst them. Forging himself weapons based on memories of the cursed sword and the spirit sword, he waited patiently for the first arrivals.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Last edited by Darkstorm Zero on Nov 11th, 2009 at 08:59 PM

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 08:57 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Ah well.... Nobody is interested this time...

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 10:48 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Algol was creating cataclysm across the planet.

What has Azazel done?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 12:04 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Similar.... if not exactly the same thing.

However, he didn't get anywhere near the amount of time to do so as Algol did, thus = less impressive.

(That and other than my own story mode extrapolation in-game on the PS3 verson, there is not much information on Azazel as of yet)

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 12:38 AM
Demonic Phoenix

If Jin could beat Azazel, I'm pretty sure Algol could do so as well.

Though Jin beating these powerful antagonists is getting idiotic...

~ On that note, Is Azazel really the progenitor of the DG ?

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 12:55 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Firstly, according to the Scenario mode, it was Lars that defeated Azazel, not Jin, although Mr. Kazama did strike the last blow.

Indeed, in the prefight text bitween Devil Jin and Azazel, Azazel reveals he was the originator of the Devil Gene, and the creator of the Devil spirits which use them (Eg: Kazuya's completed Devil in Tekken 2, and Jinpachi's Devil in Tekken 5)

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 01:03 AM
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Firstly, according to the Scenario mode, it was Lars that defeated Azazel, not Jin, although Mr. Kazama did strike the last blow.

Indeed, in the prefight text bitween Devil Jin and Azazel, Azazel reveals he was the originator of the Devil Gene, and the creator of the Devil spirits which use them (Eg: Kazuya's completed Devil in Tekken 2, and Jinpachi's Devil in Tekken 5)
1. Lars is not really all that impressive IMO...

2. That is kind of gay...A giant chicken being the origin of the Devil Gene? Lol.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 01:05 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero

My info was misguided then. Well, if Lars could beat him...

Does DJ end up absorbing this dude's power as well ?

Ogre would have been a better candidate for originator imo. Azazel is like Dark Khan >__>. While I like the design of his head, his overall body structure and palette are not good.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 01:11 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Originally posted by NemeBro
1. Lars is not really all that impressive IMO...

I dunno about that... He did manage to floor Heihachi, Kazuya twice, and Jin twice during the Scenario mode

Originally posted by NemeBro
2. That is kind of gay...A giant chicken being the origin of the Devil Gene? Lol.

Not a giant chicken... he's more of a take on Anubis

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
My info was misguided then. Well, if Lars could beat him...

Read above

Does DJ end up absorbing this dude's power as well ?

No, In DJ's ending, he takes the Dark heart orb from Azazel's chest, but as soon as he touches it, his devil power gets absorbed, and he is forcibly transformed back into a human

Ogre would have been a better candidate for originator imo. Azazel is like Dark Khan >__>. While I like the design of his head, his overall body structure and palette are not good.

I dunno... Ogre was placed into the series to early for that, plus his reaction it Jin tells me he wasn't ready for it. besides... this actually adds to the speculative link bitween tekken and Soul Calibur...

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 01:20 AM
SpadeKing

Though Jin beating these powerful antagonists is getting idiotic...

~ On that note, Is Azazel really the progenitor of the DG ?

I'm pretty sure Jin said he was the only one who could destroy Azazel though I never finished the extra stages if anything happened after that.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 01:53 AM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

It's unconfirmed wether or not Jin did actually kill Azazel

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 06:07 AM
FWahMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

I say Algol due to mobility, agility and probably the same level of attack damage, and worldwide damage. Why does SC...always looks a tad bit better than Tekken when an SC and a Tekken come out around the same time? I have SC4 and Tekken 6. Stared at all the women in customization so I know the graphics of Tekken. Barely touched it though.

Last edited by FWahMaN on Nov 12th, 2009 at 04:55 PM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 04:51 PM
FWahMaN is currently offline Click here to Send FWahMaN a Private Message Find more posts by FWahMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Algol, hands down. He has caused massive cataclysm, not to mention the non-canon of ripping a wormhole into the Star Wars universe...

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 07:45 PM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FWahMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

Did I just read Lars is not that impressive?

Have barely touched the game and this is what I already know:

- Parries missiles with his hands

- Reaches soldiers from a distance before they can point their guns and shoot

- Did not even get affected by one of the missles when it blew in his presence

Not that impressive my ass. big grin

Last edited by FWahMaN on Nov 12th, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 10:45 PM
FWahMaN is currently offline Click here to Send FWahMaN a Private Message Find more posts by FWahMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Did you overlook the "IMO" part at the end?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2009 05:21 AM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Originally posted by LLLLLink
Algol, hands down. He has caused massive cataclysm, not to mention the non-canon of ripping a wormhole into the Star Wars universe...

Like I seaid before, azazel acheived similar effects, although his time in order to do it was extremely short compared to Algol. also remember that he was subconsciously manipulating Jin, Kazuya and Jinpachi long before he was actually awakened.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2009 07:05 AM
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

Hmm in a straight up fight...I do like Algol but I can't help but be reminded how many times already Azazel has made me want to go punch an old woman out of frustration with his "lololol im defending and you cant tell oh and ima healing or appear to be" moves XD

Old Post Nov 13th, 2009 07:20 AM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Azazel stonewaling and teleporting is, indeed INCREDIBLY frustrating. then again, so was Night Terror, who is not quite Algol's level....

But I digress, Lorewise, Algol pulls the win the majority of the time

Old Post Nov 13th, 2009 10:08 AM
FWahMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Did you overlook the "IMO" part at the end?
Think it's obvious it was subjectivity. I just think the majority will not say, for a fighting character that those feats aren't impressive.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2009 01:45 AM
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Jin stated only a person with the Devil Gene can kill Azazel.
Anyways, I see Azazel winning.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 02:17 PM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote