KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Young Link runs a difficult gauntlet!

Young Link runs a difficult gauntlet!
Started by: LLLLLink

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Young Link runs a difficult gauntlet!

Ganondorf has arranged the cooperation of several powerful people to pit their efforts against the menace that is Young Link.

The setting is the Midgar slums.

1. Cloud Strife w/ Buster Sword

2. Alex Mercer

3. Master Chief w/ Energy Sword, nades, ect.

4. Ryu Hayabusa w/ Dabilahro

5. Samus Aran

Ban list: Fierce Deity, Giant's Mask
Young Link is fully equipped from both OoT and MM otherwise.

For the sake of entertainment, keep going even if YL falls. I'm pretty bored roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 07:54 PM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I'm gonna say he loses to Samus Aran.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 08:26 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

I'm assuming that means you think he beats everyone else, Moo?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 08:29 PM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

does he have to actually kill mercer?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 08:34 PM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Subdue him or otherwise end the fight.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 08:44 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Yeah, I do.

My reasoning is that Young Link doesn't have that insane level of strength Adult Link gets. It could prove difficult for him to sufficiently damage Samus.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 09:29 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Alex could prob just asorb him.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 09:35 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Yeah, I do.

My reasoning is that Young Link doesn't have that insane level of strength Adult Link gets. It could prove difficult for him to sufficiently damage Samus.

(please log in to view the image)

/THREAD, lol.

But seriously, what about the Mirror Shield? That would prove annoying for Samus.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 10:24 PM
SpadeKing

Originally posted by Burning thought
Alex could prob just asorb him.

thats what I'm thinking, he stabs alex, alex just easily absorbs him.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 10:27 PM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Ice Arrows freeze Alex, I'd say.
As we know, the arrows can extinguish a volcano. Here's a quote on Krakatoa's eruption:

"The force was thousands of times more powerful than the atomic bomb that destroyed Hiroshima."

Last edited by LLLLLink on Jan 3rd, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 10:31 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by LLLLLink
But seriously, what about the Mirror Shield? That would prove annoying for Samus.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Samus has faced plenty of bosses/enemies with attack-reflecting capabilities, so if you think the Mirror Shield alone is gonna save Young Link, you've got another thing coming.

She would probably just rip off the shield with her Grapple Beam/Lasso like she does to the Space Pirates in Prime 3. laughing

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 10:56 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

See, if it were adult Link that'd be a bad idea. But here it seems like a valid tactic.

Which gear does Samus have, 5L? She never has it all at once.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 10:59 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

*bets he's gonna say Samus doesn't have the grapple lasso just so YL will have another advantage* erm

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 11:01 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I doubt it. Samus has that in almost every game.

It's not like he can just say she has "Half of this equipment, and Link has all his.", though to be fair, he did ban some of Link's gear stick out tongue

Anyway, I'm betting he picks atleast one whole game, or allows you to. But if you say super metroid I'll be moderately displeased D=<

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 11:07 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I'm honestly not sure which I'd pick erm, though the Metroid Prime 3 version would definitely be unfair because of the Hyper Mode...

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 11:13 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Not that unfair. Link's magic arrows are kinda beefy. The speed booster actually seems more annoying than hyper mode.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 11:15 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

1. Not getting into this one. But for the hell of it; can Link do what cloud did in ACC (cene with seph jumping and slashing around)

2. Not 100% sure how either will kill the other. BUT Alex is an ace at taking down science/tech, Link is all about the magic :/

3. MC clubs Link at the back of the head (always works in halo lol)
Links dealt with explosives, energy sword sucks in a real fight. All about the durability here.

4. Ryus faster (? or something in the speed area...... maybe agile) but 'no' in the end. Be interesting to watch though.

5. Best chance, need more details on what weapons shes aloud.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 11:23 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Samus has the Gravity Suit and Super Missiles, Morph Ball bombs (the big ones), Wavebuster, and Flamethrower, and pretty much anything else. This is Metroid Prime 1 Samus, because it seems to me to be the most concrete standard of the series.

If Samus tries to grapple YL's shield, whats to stop him from putting his own hookshot through Samus's helmet? Or how about Ice arrows?
Ice arrows>Sheegoth breath or Thardus ice.
Also, Stone Mask.

Also, remember that YL has strapped a magically explosive mask to his FACE and detonated with minimal damage. This is one durable little basterd.

Last edited by LLLLLink on Jan 4th, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 12:45 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

So, MP1 equipment, minus phazon suit?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 12:50 AM
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Why not? Throw in the Phazon suit too.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 12:51 AM