KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Young Link vs Algol

Young Link vs Algol
Started by: LLLLLink

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Young Link vs Algol

(please log in to view the image)

VS

(please log in to view the image)

Two of my favorite VG characters are going at it. The fight takes place in Phendrana Drifts.

Rules:

- YL gets all of his equipment, including the Giant's Mask
- Algol has the ability to change his size to whatever he wills it to be (canon), but must have an equal ratio to YL's mask

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 04:55 PM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maester_yoda

What skilz does algol have besides being awesome and being able to live for like eternity?

"You do this, Sam, and its all about you, the great Sam Gerard." "Yes I am." "And you always have to win." "Yes I do."

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 05:08 PM
Maester_yoda is currently offline Click here to Send Maester_yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Maester_yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Flight, for starters.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 05:17 PM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

And he has both teh Soul Edge and Soul Calibur.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 05:19 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

On the other hand, YL could man up with a little Fierce Deity (except for the fact that it has nothing in the way of feats).

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 11:15 PM
Sin_Volvagia

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LLLLLink
On the other hand, YL could man up with a little Fierce Deity (except for the fact that it has nothing in the way of feats).

Oni Link can efface Majora without trying too hard. That's gotta be something.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 11:39 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
Oni Link can efface Majora without trying too hard. That's gotta be something.
Not proven. no expression If you're referring to the extremely non-canon manga, then I'm gonna tell you it isn't canon. It's a licensed adaptation, nothing more.

The only feat Fierce Deity Link has is being tall, really. We can assume it's a power up to him, but we only really have gameplay to support that.

Calling him Oni is a pet peeve of mine, though. The term Oni has nothing to do with the mask or the form Link takes it when he puts it on.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 12:05 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Algol wins pretty handily based on powerscaling alone.

Holds boy Soul Calibur and Soul Edge, shit, he shattered Soul Edge when he was mortal with his bare hands right after blocking it.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 12:08 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Algol is like Siegfried and Nightmare combined, but he's final boss so SOMEONE in the SCIV cast has to beat him. Until I actually know what the canon of SCIV actually is. I will reserve my judgment.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 12:21 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Not proven. no expression If you're referring to the extremely non-canon manga, then I'm gonna tell you it isn't canon. It's a licensed adaptation, nothing more.

The only feat Fierce Deity Link has is being tall, really. We can assume it's a power up to him, but we only really have gameplay to support that.

Calling him Oni is a pet peeve of mine, though. The term Oni has nothing to do with the mask or the form Link takes it when he puts it on.

He's still greater than Young Link with any of his other masks.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 01:57 AM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Giant's Mask.

no expression

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 02:02 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Originally posted by ScreamPaste

Oh, GOD! I hate it when people call him Oni Link. Nowhere in Zelda is the mask referred to as any sort of demon.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 07:15 AM
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

In the original Japanese, it was called the Devil God's Mask, so Oni Link at least makes some sense.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 08:45 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Well, according to Google Tranlate, Devil God comes out to akuma wa kami, and since there's already a popular game character with the name akuma, they could have been trying to avoided copyright issues. erm

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 09:22 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by NemeBro
Algol wins pretty handily based on powerscaling alone.

Holds boy Soul Calibur and Soul Edge, shit, he shattered Soul Edge when he was mortal with his bare hands right after blocking it.

Boy Soul Calibur?

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
And he has both teh Soul Edge and Soul Calibur.

I thought those were merely memories or watered-down versions, seeing as Siegfried and Nightmare controlled the actual Soul Swords.

Originally posted by Maester_yoda
What skilz does algol have besides being awesome and being able to live for like eternity?

He isn't immortal, not anymore at least. He is however, the only one we know of who can wield Soul Edge without losing control over his own consciousness. He was rather powerful in the past when he wielded a perhaps weaker version.

Even without Soul Calibur, he was able to defeat someone who wielded Soul Edge.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Mar 6th, 2010 at 09:03 PM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 08:53 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote