KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Megaman X v.s. Dante

Megaman X v.s. Dante
Started by: ScreamPaste

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Megaman X v.s. Dante

X is limmited to his base form and abilities, no armour upgrades and whatnot.

DMC2 Dante, no time shenanigans.

BloodRain's back and this thread's actually not Street fighter or Link related. Enjoy.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 07:34 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Re: Megaman X v.s. Dante

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
X is limmited to his base form and abilities, no armour upgrades and whatnot.

DMC2 Dante, no time shenanigans.

BloodRain's back and this thread's actually not Street fighter or Link related. Enjoy.

Hasn't this been done before?

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 07:47 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Probably not. I'll search it though.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 07:52 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Last one was Megaman and X composite(..something like that), this one has restrictions.

And from that thread I remember that Mega was hax with his extras, not a big deal with only base afaik.

Edit: Red wins cos its red >.>

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 07:53 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I remember the posters were arguing over which color was better between red and blue. :O

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 07:54 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I searched it, and IIRC the argument you recall was a Link thread and we were arguing red v.s. green. Green obviously being superior.

Then again my memory is bad and to me KMC sometimes feels like one enourmous Link thread. :C

There was a thread with Megaman and Dante on opposite teams, but that wasn't X, it was just Megaman, but he also had his extras, this Megaman does not.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 07:55 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I searched it, and IIRC the argument you recall was a Link thread and we were arguing red v.s. green. Green obviously being superior.

(please log in to view the image)

Red is the bestest color. Meow.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 08:00 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I distinctly remember NemeSis saying the Megaman would be beaten by Dante in that thread.

And haha at the prospect of green being better.

Then again, my favorite color is orange, so I am a little biased.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 08:06 PM
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

Eh, I don't actually like X that much, having not played his games, and I'm mostly working off of things Acrosurge has told me.

Only feats I can recall on my own are him standing on an exploding neutron missile and an informed ability of him being "just better" than the original Megaman. Original Megaman held up a castle and fought a guy that moves at Mach 5.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 08:08 PM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
I distinctly remember NemeSis saying the Megaman would be beaten by Dante in that thread.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f85/t540782.html
It was Link.
Originally posted by The Scenario
Eh, I don't actually like X that much, having not played his games, and I'm mostly working off of things Acrosurge has told me.

Only feats I can recall on my own are him standing on an exploding neutron missile and an informed ability of him being "just better" than the original Megaman. Original Megaman held up a castle and fought a guy that moves at Mach 5.
Yeah, I mostly run with what Acrosurge says, too, but I also did the math for a section of Wiley's fortress' weight and whatnot for him in a past thread.

That said, I would say being faster than Quickman makes him faster than Dante. cool

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 08:14 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f85/t540782.html
It was Link.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

No, it was Megaman. And it was your thread.

Edit: Get owned by my superior memory!

Last edited by AuraAngel on Feb 19th, 2011 at 08:23 PM

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 08:19 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Holy shit I'm gonna go chew on the business end of a shotgun. no expression

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 08:24 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

'makes him faster than Dante.'
Is this cos of the whole lightning thing? o: Don't go agreeing with Moo's view on his speed now.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 08:26 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Nevermind, **** this thread, godamnit my memory is terrible.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 08:26 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Well, he's supposed to be far better than regular Mega Man, considering he was created long after the original. Even his programming is far better, as X can think and reason like a human, whereas the original was never capable of such a complex process.

I remember the posters were arguing over which color was better between red and blue. :O

Yeah, the last X vs. Dante thread involved the both of them getting drunk (Scream later added that it was magical booze that affected those with Regen and cybernetic parts...), and duking it out.

Naturally, X won, and will win this one as well, since Blue >>>>> Red >>>>> Green.

Originally posted by BloodRain
Edit: Red wins cos its red >.>

People who wear Red are way too much of an attention-whore.

Originally posted by Nephthys
(please log in to view the image)

Blue is the bestest color. Meow.

Fixed.

It's isn't bias. Blue and red are always superior to green.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 10:28 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
[B]Well, he's supposed to be far better than regular Mega Man, considering he was created long after the original. Even his programming is far better, as X can think and reason like a human, whereas the original was never capable of such a complex process.

Megaman's feats, or at least the ones I've seen or heard of, are generally better than those of X. As far as I know, X has never fought or reacted to anything that moves at Mach 5 or faster. He's also never, again as far as I've seen, displayed any strength close to lifting a castle.

The only thing that keeps X above Megaman in terms of power is the statement that X is superior. Otherwise, Megaman has the better feats. The argument always goes that "Megaman did this, and X is better."

This bugs me. As does this:

Behold the hypersonic speed! Bitter? Me? Not at all.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 10:45 PM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Megaman's feats, or at least the ones I've seen or heard of, are generally better than those of X. As far as I know, X has never fought or reacted to anything that moves at Mach 5 or faster. He's also never, again as far as I've seen, displayed any strength close to lifting a castle.

The only thing that keeps X above Megaman in terms of power is the statement that X is superior. Otherwise, Megaman has the better feats. The argument always goes that "Megaman did this, and X is better."

This bugs me. As does this:

Behold the hypersonic speed! Bitter? Me? Not at all.
Blame Capcom. They wrote the source books for their characters (there's a new one coming out this Spring/Summer in English, end shameless Udon plug). Likewise, Nintendo is responsible for supersonic running speeds for Samus's Speed Booster, even though in game she doesn't really look like she's moving that fast. No faster than the 16 bit version of Quickman in Mega Man: Power Fighters. Quick Man is not alone as a supersonic speedster. Certainly Pluto and Slash Man are in this range of movement. Mega Man has taken them both down.

While its true that Mega Man has most of the physical feats, I can make an excellent case from Mega Man canon that X is technologically superior in every respect to Rock. But remember that Mega Man isn't the only Mega Man character with impressive physical feats. X's peer Zero has punched through 10+ feet of metal with a single punch. I do recall that X has created earthquakes by punching the ground in X3 and Xtreme2, though he needed Triad Thunder to accomplish this. Its open to debate whether the quake was caused by X's strength, his armor, or the weapon itself. This is further thrown into question by the fact that Triad Thunder is an electric type weapon that has nothing to do with earthquakes, so where did the quake come from?

An important question would be what era our baseline X comes from. An base level X1 era X would have more difficulty with Dante than the baseline X8 era X. Presumably, he'd be even stronger by the Command Mission Era and Elf Wars era (hundreds of years later). The reason for these jumps in power is that X simply unleashes more of his limitless potential power over time.

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 08:06 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

Yay Acrosurge is back.

I still support X here, for the record.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 11:09 PM
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Yay Acrosurge is back.

I still support X here, for the record.
Nice to see you too, Scenario. smile You might be interested to know that I'm once again playing through every Mega Man game in the canon franchise. After I finish, I plan to play every Metroid game, exploring every nuance and scrap of lore. We'll see if this changes my opinion on X vs Samus (though I wouldn't count on it evil face ).

Can't hang around here all the time, you know, I'm quite busy convincing Capcom to include Mega Man X as DLC for Marvel vs Capcom 3. BTW, as far as the fans are concerned, he's the most voted character for DLC, followed by Phoenix Wright.

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 05:15 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

That said, I would say being faster than Quickman makes him faster than Dante. cool
Where was it ever shown or stated Megaman is faster than Quickman? O:

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 02:40 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote