KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Zerg invade SR-388

Zerg invade SR-388
Started by: The Scenario

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

Zerg invade SR-388

Just what it says: A Zerg swarm descends on the home planet on the Metroids, SR-388. Zerg vs. Metroids, etc.

Scenario 1) Overmind is leading the Zerg.

Scenario 2) Kerrigan is leading the Zerg.

Metroid stages from Larval to Omega and Queen are available. If the Metroids are destroyed, the X-Parasites return.

So what the heck happens?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 04:26 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Zerg take it in both scenarios, imo.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 04:31 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I don't know what they do, but I wouldn't think that the Zerg can defeat the X Parasites.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 04:36 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I don't know how the Zerg would fight either the Metroids or the parasites.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 04:38 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I don't know how the Zerg would fight either the Metroids or the parasites.

Psychic nastiness?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 05:06 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Scenario
Psychic nastiness?
They seem to largely lack that, though, it's more the domain of the Protoss. The Zerg's only psychic nastiness, unless I'm tired and retarded, seems to be Kerrigan. They have biological nastiness like Defilers and Queens, but I don't think these things will allow them to kill Metroids or X Parasites.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 05:16 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I know next to nothing about the Zerg, so this entire thread is invalid and must be closed.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2011 10:45 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I think the Zerg could take control of the planet from the Metroids, but they would have trouble with the X.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 10:41 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Who are the X-Parasites and why are they such a significant obstacle?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 10:45 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

The X are parasitic life-form native to SR388. They reproduce asexually and rapidly in their natural environment, going from perhaps four or five individual parasites to hundreds, at least. They seek out hosts to inhabit and absorb their forms and knowledge from within. The Metroids are the main predators and natural enemies of the X, capable of absorbing the parasites life-force en masse to keep the species in check. In Metroid Fusion, an X infection almost kills Samus Aran, and drastically alters her physical form. A vaccine developed from the cell culture of an infant metroid, the baby Metroid, in fact, saves her life, killing off the infection. The few specimens left attached to her old Power Suit were shipped to a research station orbiting SR388, and the X were able to manifest a copy of Samus with the full complement of her suit functions, and after breaking free, the X proceeded to overrun the station. Only the timely arrival and intervention of Samus prevented the X from spreading across the galaxy. I'd add more but at this point I'm dipping into the main plot of Metroid Fusion.

I think what makes them so deadly is their tendency to absorb theirs hosts completely, essentially taking their form and all the knowledge they pertain. If the X were to, say, absorb a Cerebrate or something, they could wreak havoc amongst the Zerg, not to mention all the absorbed "Xerg" that would come into being. I'm not sure what they would do about creep, but again, these are just my basic opinion and reasoning as to why I think the Zerg would have trouble fighting the X.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 10:59 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

You don't think the Zerg has too resistant physiology. They are highly regenative.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 11:10 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

What the X do is take DNA, and make a copy of what they infected. Then that copy asexually divides, and those copies asexually divide, and so on and so on. Their ability to kill you via shutting down the nervous system and/or just eating you is not the real threat, so much as the fact that they'll copy all your abilities and then proceed to paste them hundreds of times.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 01:08 PM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

What if the Zerg take over the Metroid, then? XanatosForever said that the Metroid pose a threat to the X-Parasite.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 01:23 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I don't know that that would work too well. The Space Pirates are trying to do that all the time.

But again, I dunno anything about the Zerg.

By the way, nice sig, Scenario.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 01:34 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

If they can't be taken over, why does the X-Parasite pose a threat to the Metroid?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 01:45 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I don't think they do. The Metroids are the natural predators of the X Parasites. Unless I understand the question incorrectly.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 01:48 PM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

No, I suppose I just understood "natural enemies" wrong.

Well, the Zerg would be physically taking over whatever in the same fashion that the X-Parasite does, it appears. If there aren't anyones there to take over that can fight back the X-Parasite, though, I suppose they have to rely on their natural resistances and regenative abilities, as well as sheer numbers.

I assume it's visible whom the X-Parasite take over? From how I understood it, the parasite deform the physical form. So unless the X-Parasite outnumber the Zerg, the Zerg could just as well kill those of themselves that get infected.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 02:00 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Killing the host does not eliminate the X Parasite. In fact, when you do that the X Parasite just flies off, and if you wait long enough one parasite will come back and reform it. The only reason Samus can even fight them is her Metroid vaccine allows her to absorb them without being killed. It's how she heals in that game.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 02:05 PM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

I don't know what numbers the X-Parasite exist in, but I think that'd end up going on forever. The Zerg aren't exactly few, and they don't stop increasing in numbers.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 02:19 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Well, maybe it's a stalemate based on ever increasing numbers then.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 02:33 PM