KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Blood Ravens(dawn of war) vs Run the Xeno purging Guanlet

Blood Ravens(dawn of war) vs Run the Xeno purging Guanlet
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Blood Ravens(dawn of war) vs Run the Xeno purging Guanlet

I'm pretty sure the Blood Ravens are allowed as they are game only chapter.

Rules: They are lead by Gabriel and he start with 25 Spacemarines(with random weapons and force commanders backing them) and 25 assault Marines, making a total of 51 marines. He replenish his forces after every fight. If he has trouble, a fully equipped Force Commander Merrick can aid him.

1. 100 random Necromorphs
2. 150 Flood(grave mind is in play)
3. 170 random space pirates(Metroid)
4. 150 random Zerg
5. OMG A BOSS Battle: They fight a normal Ridley
6. OMG ANOTHER BOSS: They fight the queen of Blades.
7. 1000 Space Pirates

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 02:00 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Queen of Blades?

Like from Fable?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 02:58 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

No, a better game.

He's talking about Kerrigan, from Starcraft.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 02:59 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

If they get metal bawkses, they stomp.

Also, needs moar Boreale.

Howdy!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 03:10 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

But.

Starcraft is garbage.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 03:10 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

So's your Mom's face.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
If they get metal bawkses, they stomp.

Also, needs moar Boreale.
SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINDREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 03:13 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

Certain Space Pirates have armor that missiles literally bounce off of, and others with ablative plasma resistant armor. Some are vulnerable only to electrical, ice, or plasma weapons. Most of them carry EMP grenades specifically for use against Power Armor. Then there are the Pirate Elites that absorb energy weapons and cause energy shockwaves by hitting the ground and tend to punch through forcefields.

Assuming the Space Pirates get Hypermode, the Space Marines stop at 3. If not, the Marines stop at 7. I don't think Ridley can stop them.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 03:16 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Excluding Space Pirates, it looks to me like the Blood Ravens otherwise stomp. I don't know enough about how Space Pirate weaponry and armour would interact with Astartes weapons and armour to make a call there.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 03:36 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Dawn of War space marines are significantly weaker than their canon versions. I see every fight being a crapshoot up until Kerrigan, as they have no idea how to deal with her cloaking, nor her special abilities.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 03:43 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
Dawn of War space marines are significantly weaker than their canon versions. I see every fight being a crapshoot up until Kerrigan, as they have no idea how to deal with her cloaking, nor her special abilities.

Not sure where you got that idea, since the Blood Ravens have a cameo in the 5th ed Space Marine codex. Other than the pirates, being Space Marines, they're roflstomping everything but space pirates who I don't know enough about to debate. Kerrigan? Librarian her. no expression Psychic hood, thermal vision, auspex scanners, whatever. Shoot her, win.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 04:29 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Pirat..._Pirate_Trooper

lol, bunch of them are actually a little vulnerable to explosives.

quote:
Armored Shield Troopers are equipped with a standard armorsuit. It is resilient, but still vulnerable to explosive attacks. In addition to their armor, they wear a portable battle shield. Removing the shield leaves them open to all attacks. The shield is also vulnerable to Phazon-based attacks.

quote:
Advanced Shield Troopers wear an extra layer of ablative armor: it is susceptible to explosive attacks. In addition to their armor, they wield a portable battle shield. While the shield provides excellent protecting against incoming fire, it can also be easily ripped off. Phazon-based attacks are capable of destroying the shield.

But then there's these guys:

The Assault Pirate Troopers are some of the best the pirate military has to offer. They are heavily armored and are resistant to most attacks. Their unique armor will deflect all Missile fire, but is still damaged by Beam attacks. Basic armament includes an assault rifle and energy scythe, both powered by Phazon. EMP grenades are often employed against power-armored foes. A new Dash Jet system provides increased mobility.

Assault Shield Troopers are heavily armored and resistant to most weapon systems. Their unique armor will deflect Missile attacks, but not Beam fire. In addition to their armor, they wield a portable battle shield. Their battle shield provides protection against all standard weapon fire, but can be easily torn off. Phazon-based weapons are capable of destroying the shield.

quote:
Only the best can join the ranks of the Assault Aerotroopers. Heavily armored, they are resistant to most weapon systems. Their unique armor is able to deflect all Missile attacks, but can still be damaged by Beam weapons. Like regular Aerotroopers, they wield two Remote Attack Pods in combat. One is equipped with a Particle Cannon, the other with a Gel Bomb Rack. Gel Bombs stick to their targets until detonation. High-velocity movement can remove Gel Bombs.

quote:
Commando Pirates use the best gear available: only Beams of the highest temperature can penetrate the layer of Phazite in the armorsuit. All of the weaponry is powered by Phazon. Each commando has a combat cloaking field, along with boost thrusters and a personal teleporter. The Phazite armor they wear makes them extremely resistant to damage in combat.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 04:46 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Not sure where you got that idea, since the Blood Ravens have a cameo in the 5th ed Space Marine codex. Other than the pirates, being Space Marines, they're roflstomping everything but space pirates who I don't know enough about to debate. Kerrigan? Librarian her. no expression Psychic hood, thermal vision, auspex scanners, whatever. Shoot her, win.
Them having a cameo in the WH40K verse means that they're canon to the universe. It doesn't mean that the universe is canon to the games. There were no mentions of many of the things you just listed. In the actual game, the Lictor was terrorizing the FC and his squads until they thought of destroying the bushes it was using to hide from them in. Obviously, if bushes and chameleon camouflage is enough to throw them off, Kerrigan's cloak will be almost match breaking. Aside from that, I don't know where you get this idea that any old librarian or psycker can pose even a minute threat to her. She's stronger than your average librarian even taking the WH40K universe itself into account.

That aside, her psionic storm ability has almost the same range as a siege tank. Combining that with cloak, she could literally one-shot half the army from so far out they wouldn't even be aware of her presense.

Last edited by Tzeentch on Mar 1st, 2011 at 05:24 AM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 05:12 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Them having a cameo in the WH40K verse means that they're canon to the universe. It doesn't mean that the universe is canon to the games. There were no mentions of many of the things you just listed. In the actual game, the Lictor was terrorizing the FC and his squads until they thought of destroying the bushes it was using to hide from them in. Obviously, if bushes and chameleon camouflage is enough to throw them off, Kerrigan's cloak will be almost match breaking. Aside from that, I don't know where you get this idea that any old librarian or psycker can pose even a minute threat to her. She's stronger than your average librarian even taking the WH40K universe itself into account.

That aside, her psionic storm ability has almost the same range as a siege tank. Combining that with cloak, she could literally one-shot half the army from so far out they wouldn't even be aware of her presense.

You can't have one without the other.

Comparing Kerrigan to a Lictor is kind of hardcore. no expression In Lore Lictors do things like assassinating Warbosses, pulling apart Space Marine squads, ect. While DoW doesn't do a good job of representing the universe at work, being abused by a Lictor isn't exactly going to allow Kerrigan a win. Especially not against a full chapter.

Feats making her stronger than the average librarian? I have seen none. Without some very good feats a psychic hood will nullify her entirely.

This last part is gameplay mechanics, can you show in a canon instance the range of her psionic storm? Can you prove it can even damage ceramite power armour which is especially resistant to energy attacks anyway? I doubt that you can. no expression The Force Commander alone takes Kerrigan down.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2011 07:20 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

You can't have one without the other.

In the video game vs. you do. The game always takes preference over non-game material when there's contradictions, and Dawn of War is not canon to the WH40K universe anyway.

quote:
Comparing Kerrigan to a Lictor is kind of hardcore. no expression In Lore Lictors do things like assassinating Warbosses, pulling apart Space Marine squads, ect. While DoW doesn't do a good job of representing the universe at work, being abused by a Lictor isn't exactly going to allow Kerrigan a win.

You're missing the point. The reason why, in Dawn of War 2, the Lictor was terrorizing the chapter and the Imperial Guard, was because it was using camouflage and hiding in bushes. Once the Force Commander destroyed all the bushes in the arena, they killed the Lictor easily.

The point is that if hiding in a bush is enough to throw off the Blood Ravens, a full on cloaking field will be unbeatable. The second point is that if the Blood Ravens had access to thermal vision and super sensors, they wouldn't have been getting constantly blind sided by the Lictor in the first place.

quote:
Especially not against a full chapter.

She's not fighting a full chapter. Read the OP. There is no Librarian either.

quote:
Feats making her stronger than the average librarian? I have seen none. Without some very good feats a psychic hood will nullify her entirely.

I have not seen any feats from a Blood Raven Librarian that is superior to what Kerrigan has done. In addition, there are no librarians in this fight. Read the OP.

quote:
This last part is gameplay mechanics,

Prove it.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2011 01:41 AM
Heaven_or_Hell
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I have not seen any

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2011 01:53 AM
Heaven_or_Hell is currently offline Click here to Send Heaven_or_Hell a Private Message Find more posts by Heaven_or_Hell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
You're missing the point. The reason why, in Dawn of War 2, the Lictor was terrorizing the chapter and the Imperial Guard, was because it was using camouflage and hiding in bushes. Once the Force Commander destroyed all the bushes in the arena, they killed the Lictor easily.

The point is that if hiding in a bush is enough to throw off the Blood Ravens, a full on cloaking field will be unbeatable. The second point is that if the Blood Ravens had access to thermal vision and super sensors, they wouldn't have been getting constantly blind sided by the Lictor in the first place.
Except Lictors regularly foil such countermeasures in lore. erm Comparing Kerrigan to a Lictor when she's not demonstrated the same abilities as one is ... a Bad comparison.

The bushes thing is kind of a ridiculous example, though, I blame Relic for that.

quote:
She's not fighting a full chapter. Read the OP. There is no Librarian either.
Not sure how I missed that.

quote:
I have not seen any feats from a Blood Raven Librarian that is superior to what Kerrigan has done. In addition, there are no librarians in this fight. Read the OP
Are you assuming BR Librarians are the worst Librarians of any chapter that actually has them?

quote:
Prove it.
Prove what? That having slightly less than "range 13" is a gameplay mechanic? Proof is in teh puddin', sir.

How about you prove her psionic storm has any significant range at all? Or that she even still has it in SC2? It seems to have been replaced with a less "copy pasted" ability. erm Her TK isn't strong enough to hold Zeratul, why would her storm, if she still has it, damage a space marine in armour?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2011 01:53 AM
Heaven_or_Hell
Restricted

Account Restricted

Edit

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2011 01:54 AM
Heaven_or_Hell is currently offline Click here to Send Heaven_or_Hell a Private Message Find more posts by Heaven_or_Hell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

]Except Lictors regularly foil such countermeasures in lore. erm

Lore that is not canon to the games. There's no mention what-so-ever of the Lictor foiling thermal optics and sensor arrays.

quote:
The bushes thing is kind of a ridiculous example, though, I blame Relic for that.

You should. It's their universe. Like I said, pretty much everything is toned down in the DoW verse.

quote:
Are you assuming BR Librarians are the worst Librarians of any chapter that actually has them?

I'm pointing out that not all Librarians and Psyckers possess the same level of power. Different Librarians have different aptitudes and different power sets. The idea that all Librarians are as powerful as the God Emperor would be fallacious.

quote:
Prove what? That having slightly less than "range 13" is a gameplay mechanic?

Prove that the range of the ability as displayed in the game is not canon.

Last edited by Tzeentch on Mar 2nd, 2011 at 02:55 AM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2011 02:48 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

So, your argument summed up is:

"Ignore 40k lore, use Kerrigan's gameplay, assume she can penetrate even toned down ceramite.", I could be off, but you seem awfully dismissive of the lore while supporting Kerrigan having similar range to a seige tank.

...We don't even know what seige tank range is. A Bolter could be a longer range weapon.

Show me where 40k lore isn't canon to the games? That seems backwards, I can see DoW not being canon to 40k, much like Dissidia's not canon to FF, but how could 40k, the thing it's based on, not be canon to DoW, or FF not be canon to Dissidia?

Claiming that without reasoning is... Headache inducing.

We have nothing to go on for Kerrigan's abilities other than a single cutscene where Zeratul nearly kills her, I'd honestly put money on a lone marine over her as the psionic storm she probably doesn't have as of SC2 doesn't seem at all like it could penetrate ceramite and we have a cutscene at the beginning of DoW2 whereign the Force Commander tanks something similar from a Farseer.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2011 06:52 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

psionic storm she probably doesn't have as of SC2

y?

Howdy!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2011 01:29 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote