KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Rebellion vs Master Sword vs Buster Sword vs Blades of chaos

Rebellion vs Master Sword vs Buster Sword vs Blades of chaos
Started by: TheGoldenSpy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheGoldenSpy

Rebellion vs Master Sword vs Buster Sword vs Blades of chaos

Which weapon is the coolest and most powerful overall?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 02:33 AM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Master Sword.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 02:35 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

Rebellion, without much contest. The only other cool weapon N this thread is The Master Sword. The rest of them R meh.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 02:39 AM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

The Buster sword can splits skyscrapers in half.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 02:44 AM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

That doesn't make it cool, IMO.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 02:46 AM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

The Master Sword magically can counter the power of the Triforce.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 02:46 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

Coolest
Best hitlist
Funnest to use
Versatility
Magically

Rate them on that. I don't like cloud but his sword is awesome.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 02:50 AM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Okay. I'll rate them on that.

Coolest: Master Sword
Most fun to use: Master Sword
Versatility: Master Sword
Magically: Master Sword
Best Hitlist: I don't know what this is supposed to be. But if it refersto the people it's beaten, Ganon is better than anything I can note from the other ones.

That's not saying a lot, though. It's only competition would be Sephiroth, a couple of Greek Gods, some crap from Devil May Cry (think that's what Rebellion is from. Not even sure).

I hate Cloud's sword. Almost as much as I hate Sephiroth's.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 02:53 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

The Master Sword is limited only by the plot of the game it appears in as well as said game's backstory.

AlttP- Counters the Triforce.
OoT- Time Travel.
Wind Waker- Sealing Ganondorf and all of Hyrule in a time-stop.
Twilight Princess- Breaking curses, reversing transformations, more time travel.

It's not so much a sword as it is sword shaped divine intervention. The swiss army knife of the goddesses.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 03:02 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
Which weapon is the coolest and most powerful overall?

The Master Sword is the most powerful weapon from your given choices. The Buster Sword is nothing but a sword. In addition to functioning as a basic sword, Rebellion contained an enchantment that allowed Dante to tap into his Devil powers. The Blades of Chaos can transfer health to the wielder as he attacks his enemies, and they have terrific range. However, all this does not compare to being able to smite Evil, and being on the level of the Triforce.

The Blades of Chaos are the coolest weapons from your given choices simply because the others are generic broadsword type weapons. In addition, the other three are wielded by far lamer characters.
Had you used Cloud's Fusion Swords from AC, I would have had a far harder time deciding, but still would have gone with the Blades of Chaos.

Coolest
Best hitlist
Funnest to use
Versatility
Magically

Coolest - Blades of Chaos, easily.

Best Hit List - Have never played a LoZ game, so I cannot comment on the MS. What exactly do you mean by hitlist? Move list? If so, Blades of Chaos.

Funnest to use - Blades of Chaos, easily. Even if I haven't played a LoZ game, I'm pretty sure the MS functions like a basic sword from a gameplay perspective.

Versatility - Overall, Blades of Chaos.
EDIT: Though if you were to group all the different uses of the MS (assuming it's the same weapon in each of the games), then it likely is the most versatile. [referencing Scenario's post]

Magically - Master Sword, by a landslide.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Mar 26th, 2011 at 03:11 AM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 03:03 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Coolest
Best hitlist
Funnest to use
Versatility
Magically

Coolest: Blades of Chaos or Master Sword.

Best Hitlist: Blades of Chaos, assuming you mean move list.

Funnest: Blades of Chaos.

Versatility: Blades of Chaos has the most versatility in terms of uses in combat, Master Sword has other uses not inherently related to what way you want to cut someone.

Magically: Master Sword's magical power easily dwarfs the others, though it is a more specific thing.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 03:08 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

Hitlist is things it's killed.

The blades killed hermes thanatos and pinned zeus killed the hydra and kraken. It's also very versatile.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 03:12 AM
NemeBro

The blades killed hermes thanatos and pinned zeus killed the hydra and kraken. It's also very versatile.
The Blades of Chaos were only used in the first game.

Well, and any of the prequels, I guess.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 03:15 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Ahh, then Master Sword, as it defeats Ganondorf.

Also, Kratos has wielded three different sets of Chain Blades. It was the Blades of Chaos that killed the Hydra. The Blades of Athena were used to kill the Kraken & Thanatos, and were used to pin Zeus, while the Blades of Exile killed Hermes.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 03:16 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

The Buster sword can splits skyscrapers in half.

I don't remember this happening.

I remember chunks of buildings being cut through but that's it.

Besides that, the buster sword is simply durable enough to withstand that impact. It's the wielder providing the strength.

All the swords in this thread are more durable than chunks of concrete and beams of steel anyway.

Last edited by CosmicComet on Mar 26th, 2011 at 03:20 AM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 03:17 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

The back of the box says blades of chaos in GOS. And I didn't think it mattered really. Basically the same weapon.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 03:21 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Rebellion and the Buster sword both get to sit by the wayside, they're impractical and uncool.

Straight up coolness: Imho, Master Sword, what I think is more appealing to the general masses? BoC. But I think the masses are wrong.

Best enemy defeated: Ganondorf ftw. no expression Also, the triforce itself should count, imho.

Versatility: Single or two handed grip, ricasso, pointed tip for thrusting, effective slashing, weighted pommel? The master sword is essentially a wish list for practicality. If we count it's powers then we can ignore all of that and it still wins.

Magic power: Master Sword all the way. erm

Funnest: BoC until you accidentally sever your own leg.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 03:32 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

The blades are short blades, long range whips, shields grenades and grappling tools all rolled into one. AND they turn into fire.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 03:35 AM
NemeBro

Zeus is a much greater immediate physical threat than Ganondorf could ever dream of being, with Ganondorf possessing the edge in magical power.

That said, no chain blade Kratos has ever wielded has defeated Zeus. Only the Blade of Olympus has.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 03:41 AM
CosmicComet

Do you guys think a ganon/dorf vs fear zeus thread would pass without being locked? (with the condition that they start in base form) Clearly, fear zeus is different enough no?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 03:46 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote