KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Akuma vs. Shao Kahn

Akuma vs. Shao Kahn
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Akuma vs. Shao Kahn

To the death who wins ?

Old Post May 25th, 2011 02:44 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Am I wrong in saying this is Akuma's win? I don't think so. But I don't really care to know about either. Though, I figure if Shao Khan was worthy of any note at all, I'd have seen some other successful threads with him in them by now.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post May 25th, 2011 02:49 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

He did beat the living shit out of Raiden in the beginning of MK9.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 25th, 2011 02:54 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Akuma punches Shao Kahn's torso off of his legs, arms, and neck.

Old Post May 25th, 2011 03:01 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

Akuma says "Boo!" and Kahn runs off crying.

Old Post May 25th, 2011 03:29 AM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Nah. Shao Kahn will insult Akuma until Akuma goes island-busting punch on his ass.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 25th, 2011 04:19 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Akuma punches Shao Kahn's torso off of his legs, arms, and neck.
Based off of what ?

Old Post May 25th, 2011 04:53 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Besides Akuma destroying an island/a mountain with a punch and Shao Kahn never showing durability that high?

Not much.

Old Post May 25th, 2011 05:06 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Besides Akuma destroying an island/a mountain with a punch and Shao Kahn never showing durability that high?

Not much.
Did Akuma destroy for his ending in a street fighter game ?

But besides that you think ken and ryu's bodies are as durable as islands. snickers.

Old Post May 25th, 2011 06:07 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by quanchi112
Did Akuma destroy for his ending in a street fighter game ?

But besides that you think ken and ryu's bodies are as durable as islands. snickers.
The canon endings, yes. Actually, IIRC, all of Akuma's endings are canon.

Harharhar Akuma has not to my knowledge ever fought Ken, and he has never gone all out against Ryu. Not that he went all-out when he destroyed the island either. smile Keep in mind this was also a younger, weaker Akuma.

Your butthurt is showing.

Old Post May 25th, 2011 06:14 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Akuma wins with ease.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 25th, 2011 06:18 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

*Shakes head at how sadly onesided this is*

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post May 25th, 2011 06:38 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meioh_Hades

Shao Kahn is quite a badass villain for MK, but he didn't showed any feat with the scale of Gouki's powers.

And about Ryu's body durable as an island... I think that with the island busting punch Gouki used more power than in the fight against Ryu, however I'm pretty sure that Ryu had to tank at least one punch in the fight against Gouki, and that punch was not exactly a caress.

Since we're talking about a younger-weaker Gouki and a Ryu that was almost at the beginning of his journey, I think that the stronger and wiser SF4 Ryu just CAN tank an island busting punch.

Gameplay does not show it well, but top tiers of SF universe are really THAT powerful.

Old Post May 25th, 2011 07:10 AM
Meioh_Hades is currently offline Click here to Send Meioh_Hades a Private Message Find more posts by Meioh_Hades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I said this before, and I'll say it again. Just because a game is more violent/darker doesn't mean the characters are more powerful. MK is cool, bu the characters simply don't do anything on that scale, fatalities be damned.

It's like comparing Diablo to BG. Diablo had more violence and gore, sure. But the characters weren't freezing time or anything on that scale.

Edit: and Meioh, that's what gameplay and story segregation is all about. Darkstalkers are far more powerful and you wouldn't guess it looking at the game.

MK has the opposite effect, they look more powerful in gameplay than what they do in canon.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Last edited by Tha C-Master on May 25th, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Old Post May 25th, 2011 10:22 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

When people say it wasn't his full power does it mean he didn't go full Shin power or that he didn't use full base power? 'Cause he was all glowing before he did it. Isnt that full 'normal' Akuma?

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post May 25th, 2011 12:00 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Akuma punches Shao into a bloody mist cloud.

Old Post May 25th, 2011 01:07 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

The canon endings, yes. Actually, IIRC, all of Akuma's endings are canon.

Harharhar Akuma has not to my knowledge ever fought Ken, and he has never gone all out against Ryu. Not that he went all-out when he destroyed the island either. smile Keep in mind this was also a younger, weaker Akuma.

Your butthurt is showing.
Proof the ending is canon ?

So street fighter sets up a game where a certain character can destroy an island but the portrayal makes it clear that every character you fight against can take island shattering punches since you can't oneshot anyone in the game. That's your stance.

How does Akuma stop him from just stealing his soul ?
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Akuma wins with ease.
Screw his consistent portrayal right.

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I said this before, and I'll say it again. Just because a game is more violent/darker doesn't mean the characters are more powerful. MK is cool, bu the characters simply don't do anything on that scale, fatalities be damned.

It's like comparing Diablo to BG. Diablo had more violence and gore, sure. But the characters weren't freezing time or anything on that scale.

Edit: and Meioh, that's what gameplay and story segregation is all about. Darkstalkers are far more powerful and you wouldn't guess it looking at the game.

MK has the opposite effect, they look more powerful in gameplay than what they do in canon.
You habven't even played the latest mk so you have no idea. You admitted you haven't played a fight game in quite some time so I would also further guess you didn't play armageddon and maybe even perhaps deception.

Ripping guys arms off shows insane strength but I guess in street fighter a certain ending overrides all common sense and their portrayals over the course of every single game, right ?

Old Post May 25th, 2011 04:19 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Yeah screw it. How can they consider kicking a submarine from a tench to the surface, sinking an island with a punch, destroying a forest with an explosion and shattering Uluru with a strike as consistent destructive feats? Its not like he's portrayed to have this massive strength in any way... damn fanboys /shakes fist/

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post May 25th, 2011 05:01 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by quanchi112
Proof the ending is canon ?

So street fighter sets up a game where a certain character can destroy an island but the portrayal makes it clear that every character you fight against can take island shattering punches since you can't oneshot anyone in the game. That's your stance.

How does Akuma stop him from just stealing his soul ? Screw his consistent portrayal right.

You habven't even played the latest mk so you have no idea. You admitted you haven't played a fight game in quite some time so I would also further guess you didn't play armageddon and maybe even perhaps deception.

Ripping guys arms off shows insane strength but I guess in street fighter a certain ending overrides all common sense and their portrayals over the course of every single game, right ?
I have played the latest now, and I've seen the entire story mode, from Johnny Cage all the way into the end, and I saw the fatality where he rips you in half, and I saw the fatality with the hammer. I've been playing video games for decades, and I own MK Deception, Armageddon wasn't that great, and MK vs DC wasn't either.

Then there was Sindel...
I'm familiar with Onaga and the Kamidogu, and Zombie Liu Kang, etc etc. I haven't even spent as much time on SF4 either.

I said I haven't played current games as much, I do play classic games a bit more often (not as much as I'm busier and I don't have the interest). That also doesn't mean I don't know anything about video games all of the sudden. I actually know far more than most. I've been playing MK and SF for 2 decades now, I'm well aware of their history, nice try. wink

None of this is relevant as I've started playing again since I preordered Duke Nukem Forever. Hail to The King Baby!!!

Anyways, Akuma is far more powerful. Ripping Islands and meteors not even at full power beats ripping someone in half, that's not even 1% of the same amount of power. Shao Kahn is powerful. Just out of his league. Gameplay and Story Segregation and all that. Just like Pokemon.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Last edited by Tha C-Master on May 25th, 2011 at 05:10 PM

Old Post May 25th, 2011 05:05 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I have played the latest now, and I've seen the entire story mode, from Johnny Cage all the way into the end, and I saw the fatality where he rips you in half, and I saw the fatality with the hammer. I've been playing video games for decades, and I own MK Deception, Armageddon wasn't that great, and MK vs DC wasn't either.

Then there was Sindel...
I'm familiar with Onaga and the Kamidogu, and Zombie Liu Kang, etc etc. I haven't even spent as much time on SF4 either.

I said I haven't played current games as much, I do play classic games a bit more often (not as much as I'm busier and I don't have the interest). That also doesn't mean I don't know anything about video games all of the sudden. I actually know far more than most. I've been playing MK and SF for 2 decades now, I'm well aware of their history, nice try. wink

None of this is relevant as I've started playing again since I preordered Duke Nukem Forever. Hail to The King Baby!!!

Anyways, Akuma is far more powerful. Ripping Islands and meteors not even at full power beats ripping someone in half, that's not even 1% of the same amount of power. Shao Kahn is powerful. Just out of his league. Gameplay and Story Segregation and all that. Just like Pokemon.
Even if you believe all of this which is false since Ken, dhalsim, etc. aren't anywhere near more durable than an island how does Akuma stop Shao Kahn from taking his soul "

I mean since you played the game all the way through you shoul dbe well aware of this.
Originally posted by BloodRain
Yeah screw it. How can they consider kicking a submarine from a tench to the surface, sinking an island with a punch, destroying a forest with an explosion and shattering Uluru with a strike as consistent destructive feats? Its not like he's portrayed to have this massive strength in any way... damn fanboys /shakes fist/
Yep, every street fighter character is more durable than an island Dhalsim included. Good one.

Old Post May 25th, 2011 05:36 PM