KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » The Keyblade vs The Master Sword

Which is better?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The Key 7 50.00%
The Sword with a purple hilt 6 42.86%
Neither cause a gun is more useful for killing things 1 7.14%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Keyblade vs The Master Sword
Started by: TheAuraAngel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AuraAngel
Hegemon

The Keyblade vs The Master Sword

Because Sora vs Link tends to have a sub debate devoted to this, I'll just give the weapons their own thread.

Now, which weapon is stronger? Which is more practical? More useful? Best looking? In short, which weapon is best?

Both weapons get all feats demonstrated within canon.

Here is what the Master Sword looks like:

(please log in to view the image)

The Keyblade...Well there are a lot of keyblades. Too many in fact to post images of all of them. So I'll just put the base one here and if someone has a better suggestion, feel free to offer it.

(please log in to view the image)

Note: If a thread like this isn't allowed, then I'll make it a fight between Master Xehanort, arguably the best Keyblade wielder, and OoT Link. Fight takes place in a Pokemon arena because it's awesome.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 04:54 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

What are the rough powers of each? I have only seen the MS act like a normal sword save the fact it can shoot beams of light.

The keyblade is the source of all of Soras power is it not? if not the majority of it, so I imagine if it can make Sora who is (I dont know the series so dont bash me smile) a young boy into a powerful warrior then that alone can give it the win beyond my current knowledge of the MS.

Also what magic powers does the keyblade have specifcially? if its what allows Sora to use all those magics and summons then it probably gets my vote until I see more from the MS.

Last edited by Burning thought on May 31st, 2011 at 05:26 PM

Old Post May 31st, 2011 05:23 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Alright, fine.

Failsafe for full Triforce > Keyblade. Master Sword wins. It also looks cooler and is more practical based on actually being a sword.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 05:29 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why does that factor give it the win?

Old Post May 31st, 2011 05:31 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Re: The Keyblade vs The Master Sword

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Now, which weapon is stronger? Which is more practical? More useful? Best looking? In short, which weapon is best?

Old Post May 31st, 2011 05:37 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Alright, fine.

Failsafe for full Triforce > Keyblade. Master Sword wins. It also looks cooler and is more practical based on actually being a sword.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 05:40 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Although the MS certainly wins looks and probably practicality, it looks beter than the keyblade.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 05:43 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Will ignore power for now.

But more practical it is not, in my humble opinion. The Keyblade can double as a vehicle and a magical weapon. It also appears whenever it is needed. The Mastersword makes Link go and get it doesn't it?

Old Post May 31st, 2011 05:44 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hm fair enough points. Does the keyblade give Sora all of his abilities or just some?

Old Post May 31st, 2011 05:46 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
But more practical it is not, in my humble opinion. The Keyblade can double as a vehicle and a magical weapon. It also appears whenever it is needed. The Mastersword makes Link go and get it doesn't it?

The MS ****s with time, protects its' wielder, tells evil to stfu, tells barriers to stfu, reflects magic, shoots beams, and has a ricasso. It's plainly more practical. (A RICASSO. Most game developers wouldn't even know what that IS. But yeah, utilitarian as shit.) Yes, Link has to go and get it, but giving the hero his sword without any work makes for soft, spoiled heroes.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 05:48 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
The MS ****s with time, protects its' wielder, tells evil to stfu, tells barriers to stfu, reflects magic, shoots beams, and has a ricasso. It's plainly more practical. (A RICASSO. Most game developers wouldn't even know what that IS. But yeah, utilitarian as shit.) Yes, Link has to go and get it, but giving the hero his sword without any work makes for soft, spoiled heroes.

Keyblade can close portals through time and ****s with space. Can also open any lock, including those made by gods. Keyblade can shoot beams and can split in two when needed. It also transforms into FTL vehicles. As for rather the Keyblade spoils the user is a rather blatant misconception. Heartless attack keyblade wielders because of the threat of the weapon.

That said, the Keyblade is able to protect ever single planet in Kingdom Hearts one with a simple bit of magic.

Originally posted by Burning thought
Hm fair enough points. Does the keyblade give Sora all of his abilities or just some?

Sora loses the keyblade and still retains his abilities. Though it is shown that Keyblade wielders are obviously stronger with teh Keyblade than without.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 05:53 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Keyblade can close portals through time and ****s with space. Can also open any lock, including those made by gods. Keyblade can shoot beams and can split in two when needed. It also transforms into FTL vehicles. As for rather the Keyblade spoils the user is a rather blatant misconception. Heartless attack keyblade wielders because of the threat of the weapon.

That said, the Keyblade is able to protect ever single planet in Kingdom Hearts one with a simple bit of magic.

Sora loses the keyblade and still retains his abilities. Though it is shown that Keyblade wielders are obviously stronger with teh Keyblade than without.

Yeah, that's real practical. My sword attracts a limitless and ever multiplying force of evil.

The Keyblade is able to do so through there being thousands, hundreds of thousands, or perhaps even millions of them. As far as one simple bit of magic goes, I don't know what you're talking about.

That is only because Keyblades are supposedly the only weapons that truly affect the Heartless. But that was quickly retconned like, in the same game, about ten minutes after it was introduced. And then brought back to a lesser degree about eight worlds or so later.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 06:04 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Yeah, that's real practical. My sword attracts a limitless and ever multiplying force of evil.

The Keyblade is able to do so through there being thousands, hundreds of thousands, or perhaps even millions of them. As far as one simple bit of magic goes, I don't know what you're talking about.

That is only because Keyblades are supposedly the only weapons that truly affect the Heartless. But that was quickly retconned like, in the same game, about ten minutes after it was introduced. And then brought back to a lesser degree about eight worlds or so later.

Turns you into a badass.

Point? And the Magic I'm referring to is the simple locking of the Keyhole, making it impossible for the Heartless to destroy a world.

Keyblades are the only weapons that release the hearts the Heartless have nomed on. So if that counts as truly affecting them, then the statement is correct.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 06:09 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Turns you into a badass.

Point? And the Magic I'm referring to is the simple locking of the Keyhole, making it impossible for the Heartless to destroy a world.

Keyblades are the only weapons that release the hearts the Heartless have nomed on. So if that counts as truly affecting them, then the statement is correct.

You said yourself Sora kept his powers.

Point being that you can't give one weapon credit for protecting the universe when hundreds of thousands of the same weapon do it.

No, I mean how on the Destiny Islands, Sora's wooden sword wouldn't so much as touch those Heartless. Then by the time he gets to Traverse Town, everyone and their brother has a weapon that can hurt them. Then, you get to Hollow Bastion and all of a sudden the wooden sword is working on them. Inconsistency is inconsistent.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 06:27 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

You said yourself Sora kept his powers.

Point being that you can't give one weapon credit for protecting the universe when hundreds of thousands of the same weapon do it.

No, I mean how on the Destiny Islands, Sora's wooden sword wouldn't so much as touch those Heartless. Then by the time he gets to Traverse Town, everyone and their brother has a weapon that can hurt them. Then, you get to Hollow Bastion and all of a sudden the wooden sword is working on them. Inconsistency is inconsistent.

But he is noticeably weaker without it. As is Roxas. Keyblade makes him stronger.

Hmm...this doesn't fly with me. Link saves Hyrule constantly, but since there is more than one Link, he doesn't get credit for it? :3

Sora is stronger by the time he gets to Hollow Bastion?

Old Post May 31st, 2011 06:33 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

But he is noticeably weaker without it. As is Roxas. Keyblade makes him stronger.

Hmm...this doesn't fly with me. Link saves Hyrule constantly, but since there is more than one Link, he doesn't get credit for it? :3

Sora is stronger by the time he gets to Hollow Bastion?

Because the Keyblades get better damage against Heartless.

This doesn't fly with me. If he was saving Hyrule constantly, the country would never have any times of stability. And no. A different Link saves Hyrule every time. Each Link gets credit for the saves they perform. Your grasp of common sense appears to be lacking, sir.

How does being stronger take intangibility away from an enemy?

Old Post May 31st, 2011 06:40 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Because the Keyblades get better damage against Heartless.

This doesn't fly with me. If he was saving Hyrule constantly, the country would never have any times of stability. And no. A different Link saves Hyrule every time. Each Link gets credit for the saves they perform. Your grasp of common sense appears to be lacking, sir.

How does being stronger take intangibility away from an enemy?

And nobodys. So you're saying the Keyblade doesn't give Sora building busting feats?

And a different set of Keyblades have saved the universe. Why do the weapons not get credit? :O

I dunno. Ask the designers. I've always taken that as the explanation and I've never been given a better one.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 06:46 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Master Sword:
+ Somewhat stronger than a normal blade, 2x in ALttP.
+ 50+ damage on evil beings.
+ Has evil magic repellent.
+ Key to the Sacred Realm.
+ Can't be stolen. (Only a hero of pure heart and strong of body can wield it)
+ Can shoot blade beams.
- Can be depowered. (WW)
- Can lose its Evil Bane-ness if the Earth and Wind sages are... something. (May be the above point)

Keyblade:
+ Leagues above the strength of a normal blade.
+ Highly amps the users physical attributes.
+ Effective against the main treats in the verse. (Heartless, Nobodies, Unversed)
+ Can lock/unlock worlds, lower form is opening any lock or seal.
+ Can't be stolen. (Only the chosen wielder can hold it)
+ Can shoot beams.
+ Amps magic power.
+ Can be charged with magic to increase length and strength.
+ Can be used for transport. (Glider)
+ Can change forms for different effects/powers.
- If the user acts against their heart the Keyblade leaves them.
- Heartless are sometimes drawn to the Keyblade.
^ <<< χ-blade.

Stronger- Offensively the MS is a strong sword thats stronger against evil beings, compared to the Key much more stronger than a sword, amps the users strength and is stronger against the creatures in the KH verse. Offensively the Keyblade, though the MS has the better defensive powers.

Which is more practical/More useful- The Key. Amps your physical and magic skills, open and close any lock/seal and if trained can be used as a Glider. Though if you're not a traveler and and only fight evil foes with magic then maybe the MS.

Best looking- ^That Key against the MS... even with the basic look of the MS its hard to look fearsome with a giant key.. Other Keychains however have a better appearance: Oathkeeper, Oblivion, Guardian Soul, Two Become One, Chaos Ripper, Void Gear, No Name, The Ultima Weapon, Master Xehanort's Keyblade and the χ-blade all have a better appearance than the Master Sword.

In short, which weapon is best- The Keyblade.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post May 31st, 2011 06:50 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

And nobodys. So you're saying the Keyblade doesn't give Sora building busting feats?

And a different set of Keyblades have saved the universe. Why do the weapons not get credit? :O

I dunno. Ask the designers. I've always taken that as the explanation and I've never been given a better one.

Sora doesn't even have building busting feats. no expression

More than one Keyblade has been involved in performing said deed, meaning that credit cannot be given to one sword. The group of them, sure, they can have it along with their wielders. The entire KH universe has never actually been in danger. And the force that threatens things hasn't even been stopped yet.

That's not even a reason though. XD

Old Post May 31st, 2011 06:50 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Sora doesn't even have building busting feats. no expression

More than one Keyblade has been involved in performing said deed, meaning that credit cannot be given to one sword. The group of them, sure, they can have it along with their wielders. The entire KH universe has never actually been in danger. And the force that threatens things hasn't even been stopped yet.

That's not even a reason though. XD

Chops them in half.

Yet all of those keyblades have generally the same powers. Namely, with a flick of his wrist, Sora could protect an entire planet from destruction. The keyblades are only slightly different from a gameplay perspective.

Isn't it?

Old Post May 31st, 2011 06:57 PM