KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Johnny Cage vs. Fei Long

Johnny Cage vs. Fei Long
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Johnny Cage vs. Fei Long

(please log in to view the image)Vs.(please log in to view the image)

Johnny and Fei go to Hollywood to get roles in the latest action movie but by the time they got there, there was only one left, the lead role. Now both of them have to fight eachother to get it.

Which movie star/martial artist will come out on top and claim the role?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2011 11:45 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insomnia1234

This is only the 5132 th SF vs MK thread in this forms...

Old Post Jun 15th, 2011 07:47 AM
Insomnia1234 is currently offline Click here to Send Insomnia1234 a Private Message Find more posts by Insomnia1234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Piss off bot

as for this fight i'm going for Fei Long.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2011 07:50 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Fei Long was my favorite SF charcter when I was a kid. Unfortunately he's also Capcom's least favorite character apparently, cant rememeber a single scene in anime where he wasnt getting his ass kicked.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2011 01:15 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

For the record he has given both Ryu and Ken a run for their money in the movie and the series.

Gameplay wise he has received a lot of love from Capcom in SF4's updates.

However following canon I don't remember what Fei Long has ever accomplished so I give it to Mr. Cage. He survived a lot of shit in MK9, and given how almost no one made it that is impressive.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 15th, 2011 05:39 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Yea Fei long doesn't have many "feats", but if he can give Ryu a decent run that would logically give him the win. But like you said he doesn't have any feats. They're both cool. Cage is my favorite MK character though.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 12:47 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meioh_Hades

Fei Long had good fight against Ryu and Ken in noncanon movies.

While Cage has proved to be quite an high tier in the MK universe.

If Fei Long could give Ryu a run for is money even in canon, he's the winner, but looking at canon facts Cage gets this fight.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 07:34 PM
Meioh_Hades is currently offline Click here to Send Meioh_Hades a Private Message Find more posts by Meioh_Hades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
For the record he has given both Ryu and Ken a run for their money in the movie and the series.

Gameplay wise he has received a lot of love from Capcom in SF4's updates.

However following canon I don't remember what Fei Long has ever accomplished so I give it to Mr. Cage. He survived a lot of shit in MK9, and given how almost no one made it that is impressive.

Cage is pretty tough, got beat on a lot in MK 9.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 08:23 PM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Cage wins.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2011 04:58 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

One thing I hate about MK characters, there are not tiers.. any character can beat any other character. Someone like Liu, Shang, Lao should be one of the toughest with guys like Raiden and Khan being top tiers. But storywise someone like say Sonya might beat the crap outta Tsung and Goro at the same time.. why did they have to cancel "conquest"...sad

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2011 07:40 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meioh_Hades

100% agree with you, SamZED.

MK 2011: In Smoke's chapter, he was able to beat Sektor without trouble... so why in Nightwolf's chapter Smoke couldn't lay a finger on the Cyber Ninja?

Even during MK vs DC there were strange power creep power seep (for example... Scorpion was able to defeat Superman, but was defeated by Lex Luthor) due to the universe merging, but MK 2011 has nothing to justify that.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 01:09 AM
Meioh_Hades is currently offline Click here to Send Meioh_Hades a Private Message Find more posts by Meioh_Hades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

But Superman was stated to be 'weakened' up until his chapter in the story, which was why he was more susceptible to Scorpion's nether power and Subzero's freezing ability (both magic) more than he normally would.. Strangely enough though, when Green Lantern was at full power (he recharged his ring at Oa before heading back to Earth), some guys like Shang Tsung still beat him without much trouble at all.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 02:46 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Meioh_Hades
100% agree with you, SamZED.

MK 2011: In Smoke's chapter, he was able to beat Sektor without trouble... so why in Nightwolf's chapter Smoke couldn't lay a finger on the Cyber Ninja?

Even during MK vs DC there were strange power creep power seep (for example... Scorpion was able to defeat Superman, but was defeated by Lex Luthor) due to the universe merging, but MK 2011 has nothing to justify that.
Yea which is why Dark Khan is hard to gauge.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 03:35 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crimson_2010

Dunno about Fei Long but i consider Johnny stronger cuz Fei Long is actually featless...

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 12:40 PM
crimson_2010 is currently offline Click here to Send crimson_2010 a Private Message Find more posts by crimson_2010 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meioh_Hades

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
But Superman was stated to be 'weakened' up until his chapter in the story, which was why he was more susceptible to Scorpion's nether power and Subzero's freezing ability (both magic) more than he normally would.. Strangely enough though, when Green Lantern was at full power (he recharged his ring at Oa before heading back to Earth), some guys like Shang Tsung still beat him without much trouble at all.

Yes, Superman is stated to be weakened, and vulnerable to "magic". And also the Joker became stronger: Deathstroke was surprised that he was able to win a fight (and then Joker managed to beat Batman).

However since the universe merging gave strange effects to the Kombatants and DC heroes' powers, it has some justification.

I hope that in MK 2011 sequel we'll have a more precise power tier.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 02:35 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

MK9's tiers were clear...you suck if you are a bad guy unless you're Shao Kahn or Sindel.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 02:44 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by crimson_2010
Dunno about Fei Long but i consider Johnny stronger cuz Fei Long is actually featless...
That doesn't make him weaker, just means he doesn't have feats. TOAA doesn't have feats in Marvel, would he be weaker?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 08:23 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Zack Fair
MK9's tiers were clear...you suck if you are a bad guy unless you're Shao Kahn or Sindel.

How are they clear if some of the fights contradict each other, like the Smoke and Sektor example Meioh mentioned?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 08:50 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Different times? People do grow stronger as time passes. At the same time they can become weaker. Also different characters have different abilities that might come in handy when dealing with different opponents.

Anyway I was just messing around with that comment

Old Post Jun 18th, 2011 09:35 PM