KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Scorpion vs Rain

Scorpion vs Rain
Started by: Estacado

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Estacado
Legendary

Scorpion vs Rain

Who wins?

Bankai.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 02:56 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Based on feats, Scorpion.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 06:08 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Rain's a half-god though. We all know how stupidly powerful one of those was. Rain won't be as powerful as Taven, but he's going to be high up.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 08:58 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, I understand that, but Rain (based on his abilities) doesn't really feel that god-like compared to Taven or even Daegon. He's basically a purple Subzero but with water powers instead of ice. >.> Don't see how that qualifies as being half-god (at least when you look at like Taven's abilities in comparison), but it is what it is I guess.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 09:12 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crimson_2010

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Yeah, I understand that, but Rain (based on his abilities) doesn't really feel that god-like compared to Taven or even Daegon. He's basically a purple Subzero but with water powers instead of ice. >.> Don't see how that qualifies as being half-god (at least when you look at like Taven's abilities in comparison), but it is what it is I guess.

Water> Fire big grin

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 02:49 PM
crimson_2010 is currently offline Click here to Send crimson_2010 a Private Message Find more posts by crimson_2010 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Scorpion uses Hellfire. Not the same as Fire.

He has Lightningz too.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 02:57 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

But not Scorpion's hellfire.

Oh, sniped. But yeah, makes sense for Rain to have some lightening too, though so does Nightwolf.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Jul 23rd, 2011 at 03:01 PM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 02:58 PM
Estacado
Legendary

And we all know Sub-Zero has beaten Scorpion going by MK9 story....

Bankai.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 10:47 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

He started to gain an upper hand on Scorpion but then was captured by Lin Kuei and turned into cyborg. That's not really beating. Plus Scorpion killed the original Subzero (again).

And who important has Rain ever beaten?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 01:57 PM
SamZED

He started to gain an upper hand on Scorpion but then was captured by Lin Kuei and turned into cyborg. That's not really beating. Plus Scorpion killed the original Subzero (again).

Pretty sure he was about to finish Scorpion off when he got catured. Also judging by "Shaolin Monks" the original sub-zero was kicking Scorpion's ass in MK 1 (which is no longer canon but still) stick out tongue

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 03:42 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

But not Scorpion's hellfire.

Oh, sniped. But yeah, makes sense for Rain to have some lightening too, though so does Nightwolf.

And we know how uber Nighwolf can be.

Originally posted by SamZED
Pretty sure he was about to finish Scorpion off when he got catured. Also judging by "Shaolin Monks" the original sub-zero was kicking Scorpion's ass in MK 1 (which is no longer canon but still) stick out tongue

Sub-Zero's beaten Scorpion in Mythologies. Bi-Han was a badass and ruthless S.O.B. Scorpion had to take him to the Netherrealm to beat him in reboot MK1.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 07:48 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by SamZED

Shaolin Monks was never canon to begin with, but point made I guess.

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Sub-Zero's beaten Scorpion in Mythologies. Bi-Han was a badass and ruthless S.O.B. Scorpion had to take him to the Netherrealm to beat him in reboot MK1.

He actually beat Scorpion twice in Mythologies (first time when Scorpion was still a normal human, and second time in Netherrealm's Prison of Lost Souls). Scorpion (or his Nether powers I guess) must've gotten a lot stronger in reboot MK1 to have been able to beat him during a 3rd encounter. Regardless, Bi-Han was better as Subzero than Noob Saibot since the latter would only get his ass kicked by everyone he fought, like most of the other bad guys of MK9.
Sonya should not have been able to beat Bi-Han Subzero in MK9 too, when you take into account all of his feats in Mythologies (just like how she shouldn't of been able to beat Raiden unless he was holding back), but pretty much anyone can beat anyone in that game, so meh.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 08:26 PM
masterpiece

Anyone in there right mind knows that Scorpion can kick Rain's ***. Not to mention, Sub-Zero's as well (the older and younger one).

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 03:09 PM
masterpiece is currently offline Click here to Send masterpiece a Private Message Find more posts by masterpiece Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Agreed on Scorpion beating Rain until we see more feats from the Edenian prince, but Scorpion lost to Bi-Han Subzero twice before he finally managed to kill him, and the younger Sub has arguably given Scorpion a run for his money on a couple occasions as pointed out.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 10:36 PM
CapPlanet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix

Scorpion had to take him to the Netherrealm to beat him in reboot MK1.

as you stated yourself this was the reboot, no one said it was the same way in the original storyline, besides there is a proof that scorpion killed the elder sub zero without taking him to the Netherrealm since it was stated that raiden himself witnessed there fight and he saw scorpion killing sub zero during MK1 so that means they didnt fight in the Netherrealm

other than that i can say that any version of sub zero was always portrayed as better than scorpion, the elder sub zero defeated him twice, i know many people say that the first time doesnt count since scorpion was human but i say that it doesnt matter because he had the same skills he has now, the only difference is that the spawn scorpion got powers like controlling fire and he is undead but the skills remain the same, second time he got defeated by elder sub zero as the undead scorpion and only for the third time he manage to kill sub zero

if you ask me i think this should tell you all, scorpion had to become undead and unkilled in order to be able to fight a human mortal sub zero

the younger sub zero got defeated by scorpion in mortal kombat 4, how ever in the remake he defeated scorpion and as you can see in the armageddon intro younger sub zero again defeats scorpion , in the remake intro you see scorpion dead with an ice sword impaling him which tells you younger sub zero killed him

in all the malibu comics sub zero always owned scorpion with easy

in the media in mortal kombat annihilation sub zero was clearly doing better and inflicted twice the hits on scorpion

in conquest there first encouter sub zero dominated scorpion and only in there second fight they were portrayed as evenly matched

in shaolin monks intro again sub zero defeats scorpion

even in mortal kombat vs dc sub zero gets the better of scorpion

i think we get the picture if time after time where ever we look we see sub zero defeating scorpion

Old Post Nov 12th, 2011 03:17 PM
CapPlanet is currently offline Click here to Send CapPlanet a Private Message Find more posts by CapPlanet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CapPlanet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shaolin Monks was never canon to begin with, but point made I guess.

He actually beat Scorpion twice in Mythologies (first time when Scorpion was still a normal human, and second time in Netherrealm's Prison of Lost Souls). Scorpion (or his Nether powers I guess) must've gotten a lot stronger in reboot MK1 to have been able to beat him during a 3rd encounter. Regardless, Bi-Han was better as Subzero than Noob Saibot since the latter would only get his ass kicked by everyone he fought, like most of the other bad guys of MK9.
Sonya should not have been able to beat Bi-Han Subzero in MK9 too, when you take into account all of his feats in Mythologies (just like how she shouldn't of been able to beat Raiden unless he was holding back), but pretty much anyone can beat anyone in that game, so meh.

i always kept a truck on the winning lose fights of the mortal kombat fighters, sometimes they didnt make too much sense but it was kinda understandable i guess, but when the recent mortal kombat game came out i could just take it all and throw it out of the window, everybody defeating goro? everybody defeating noob saibot? and raiden losing to sonya??????? ermac getting punked by everybody....and yes reptile getting owned by anyone anytime.

also what i didnt like is the fact in deadly alliance scorpion got defeated by drahmin and moloch but when cyrax fought themhe was able to defeat the both of them.

what can i say dont even try to figure out who can beat who because with the way things are portrayed its useless, just choose a character you like and play with it thats all

Old Post Nov 12th, 2011 03:28 PM
CapPlanet is currently offline Click here to Send CapPlanet a Private Message Find more posts by CapPlanet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by CapPlanet
i always kept a truck on the winning lose fights of the mortal kombat fighters, sometimes they didnt make too much sense but it was kinda understandable i guess, but when the recent mortal kombat game came out i could just take it all and throw it out of the window, everybody defeating goro? everybody defeating noob saibot? and raiden losing to sonya??????? ermac getting punked by everybody....and yes reptile getting owned by anyone anytime.

also what i didnt like is the fact in deadly alliance scorpion got defeated by drahmin and moloch but when cyrax fought themhe was able to defeat the both of them.

what can i say dont even try to figure out who can beat who because with the way things are portrayed its useless, just choose a character you like and play with it thats all

Guess I'll agree on the other stuff, but about the Raiden and Sonya thing, I was under the impression that he went easy on her when she fought him, or that he didn't want to harm/kill her, so he let her appear to win (he wasn't part of the tournament anyway like she was, so I guess he didn't want her to get possibly disqualified by defeating her).

Old Post Nov 12th, 2011 11:12 PM
Sin_Volvagia

I'd say Rain could just trap Scorpion in a bubble and crush him to dust with extreme water pressure but I don't know if fatalities count as valid feats so.....

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 09:32 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Some fatalities do, like Tsung's soul steal or Scorpion's toasty since they've been used in canon at least once before, but currently Rain's pretty much featless as far as canon goes, so his fatality wouldn't count in this case, I believe.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Nov 23rd, 2011 at 11:23 PM

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 11:19 PM
red sabre
Restricted

Account Restricted

dude.... younger sub zero had scorpion down and before finishing him he was captured, if thats not a win i dont know whats a win in your eyes

and what are scorpion wins? he got killed by elder sub zero

came back as undead ninja just to get his ass kicked again

finally beats elder sub zero by taking him to his real where scorpion is more powerful actually so thats kind of cheap win

get destroyed by younger sub zero

gets owned by the 2 onis drahmin and moloch

gets owned by quan chi once they get out of neatherealm

got killed by younger sub zero in mortal kombat 9 intro

who did scorpion ever beat aside of quanchi while quanchi was greatly depowered? Lol

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 12:37 PM
red sabre is currently offline Click here to Send red sabre a Private Message Find more posts by red sabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote