KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Adult Link (Ocarina of Time) Versus The Colossi (Shadow of the Colossus)

Adult Link (Ocarina of Time) Versus The Colossi (Shadow of the Colossus)
Started by: XanatosForever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Adult Link (Ocarina of Time) Versus The Colossi (Shadow of the Colossus)

Been thinking of a way to use the Colossi for a while now, and this seems like it would be a neat little gauntlet. Do forgive my artistic license, but I thought some flavor would be a nice change of pace.

Premise: In an alternate timeline, Ganondorf has slain Zelda, Princess of Hyrule, and Link manages to take her body to the Temple of Time, beyond the fields of Hyrule, where it will remain in stasis. In order to return life to the princess, Link must locate and slay the sixteen Colossi, empowered here by the Triforce.

Conditions: Link may battle the Colossi in any order he wishes. After each victory, the power of the triforce will infuse itself within him, and he will be transported back to the Temple of Time where it will transfer to Zelda's body.

Equipment: Link carries the Master Sword, which he can use to locate the Colossi and find their weak points. He also has his bow. Epona will carry him through the vast lands in search of the massive beasts.

So, can the Hero of Time revive the Princess of Hyrule?

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 02:37 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

So in this gauntlet, Link is like Wanderer but stronger, faster, and more durable and is fighting giants who lost to an ordinary human? I think it's obvious who wins this.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 04:01 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I would hesitate on calling Wander an ordinary human, but I see your point. Fine, how about this: The Colossi have no weak points, so Link's got to find a way to whittle them down with no easy "win" button.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 05:36 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

I really need to get my hands on this game.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 06:14 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XanatosForever
I would hesitate on calling Wander an ordinary human, but I see your point. Fine, how about this: The Colossi have no weak points, so Link's got to find a way to whittle them down with no easy "win" button.

I think the only thing he can do is repeatedly stab the collosi in their fleshy parts and/or spam arrows at said parts. Doubt he can do anything else when he's limited to only a sword and a bow. I think all the bow will do is piss 'em off and I doubt it'll do anything beyond that unless Link were to have a light arrow or something equivelent with him and going by ScreamPaste logic, the Master Sword should automatically kill all of them since there's a piece of an evil deity in each of the colossi but since that's only theoretical, let's not go there. I think the only thing Link can do is try to make the collosi suffer from blood loss while repeatedly stabbing them in the fleshy bits. I would think Link could use his strength to knock them down a lot but since Link used gauntlets while lifting a pillar of granite, I'm not sure although I am certain he can knock over one of those bull-sized ones.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jul 26th, 2011 at 07:03 AM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 06:59 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

What Nemesis said sounds about right, if they dont have weak spots then the fleshy parts should be damaged slowly to kill them.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 09:32 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Its not auto-kill, its just more effective. IMO this power would make most places Link stabs be like what a weak point would be for Wander.

His strength without Gauntlets is... iffy. He's able to push 100 ton blocks but can't lift the 10 ton rocks until he has the Silver Gauntlets. This strength can take down the buffalo ones and that frog-like one. The others outclass him in strength.

Eventually he'll take them down.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 01:26 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well tbh, they cannot do much once you get hold of them or get on them. Just shake their fur and hope you get knocked off.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 01:57 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Or shoot little beams at you or something like that. Doesnt look like the Collossi have much against people above normal human levels.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 02:38 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Yeah, I know it was a long shot, but I just think they're so freakin' awesome. I'll have to think better to find somewhere I could use them.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2011 03:56 AM
NemeBro

How like a Monk, to Necro a failed thread.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2011 03:59 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Could use Monkey from Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2011 04:03 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
So in this gauntlet, Link is like Wanderer but stronger, faster, and more durable and is fighting giants who lost to an ordinary human? I think it's obvious who wins this.

Ordinary human?

Even bare handed rock climbers would have trouble climbing up some of the colossi, seeing hair/fur doesn't really give you a firm grip like rock would.. He'd need super human strength just to keep his grip, let alone climb as fast as he did, plus he'd need high endurance. And that's not taking into account their efforts to knock him off.

And by all rights, he should have died every time a colossus fell with him on it..

Anyways, he also had a magic ability to spot their weak points. Without this ability. I'm not sure how Link is going to beat them..

If we spotted him this ability, than sure, he can win.

Last edited by cdtm on Aug 12th, 2011 at 03:49 AM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 03:44 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Wander's far from ordinary, but he's not Link either.

Anyway, if Link battles them in any order, and he decides to go after Malus, the last Colossi, he likely loses Epona. If he does this before facing any of the Colossi where the horse's speed will be needed, then he's done.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 05:05 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote