KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Ryu (SFIII) VS Shin Bison

Ryu (SFIII) VS Shin Bison
Started by: Frisky Dingo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

Ryu (SFIII) VS Shin Bison

(please log in to view the image)

It is, exactly what it says it is.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Aug 19th, 2011 04:46 AM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Ryu isn't nearly as "destructive" when he is "good" and his feats are speculative in SF3 for the most part. So any attempt to debate it is just going to descend into abc logic. I assume most here will root for Shin Bison though. Meh.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 19th, 2011 05:57 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stargun

Ryu throws a boulder at the dictator's head. evil face
Lol kidding, in all honesty I don't think SF III Ryu could beat any version of Bison on his own.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2011 12:52 PM
stargun is currently offline Click here to Send stargun a Private Message Find more posts by stargun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I dunno about that. He's certainly surpassed Alpha Akuma. He should be able to handle the weaker versions of Bison without a doubt.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 19th, 2011 03:51 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Title says Shin Bison.

That isn't exactly a weaker version of Bison so there's probably not going to be any debating.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Aug 19th, 2011 05:45 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Imo, Ryu can't even beat the weakest canon version of Bison.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Aug 19th, 2011 07:13 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Title says Shin Bison.

That isn't exactly a weaker version of Bison so there's probably not going to be any debating.
I know that, I was arguing with the person who said he can't beat any version.

Who knows what SF3 Ryu can do at full potential? He never showed it.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 19th, 2011 07:30 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I know that, I was arguing with the person who said he can't beat any version.

Who knows what SF3 Ryu can do at full potential? He never showed it.

Yeah, my bad. Didn't see that guy's post. >__>

Lift up a boulder with difficulty.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Aug 19th, 2011 11:34 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

I dunno about that. He's certainly surpassed Alpha Akuma. He should be able to handle the weaker versions of Bison without a doubt.

I dunno tho, the problem is that alpha Akuma is still more destructive, and certainly more experienced than Ryu is. And he has the technique required to put Bison down, the SGS, which Ryu still lacks.

That said, the Udon Akuma layed one hell of a smackdown on Bison before using the SGS, but was fairing evenly with PD empowered Bison until Delta Red destroyed it, after that, Akuma ripped him apart flawlessly.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Aug 20th, 2011 12:34 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Yeah, my bad. Didn't see that guy's post. >__>

Lift up a boulder with difficulty.
He braced it for a verrry long time with his trainer on top.
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
I dunno tho, the problem is that alpha Akuma is still more destructive, and certainly more experienced than Ryu is. And he has the technique required to put Bison down, the SGS, which Ryu still lacks.

That said, the Udon Akuma layed one hell of a smackdown on Bison before using the SGS, but was fairing evenly with PD empowered Bison until Delta Red destroyed it, after that, Akuma ripped him apart flawlessly.
Ryu has the potential though. Shin Bison would be tougher and questionable, Ryu has the power to take it with the weaker Bison and he has extra moves to help him in the match IMO.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 20th, 2011 02:07 AM
Demonic Phoenix

He braced it for a verrry long time with his trainer on top.

Ryu's full potential as of SF3: Lifting boulders with old men on top.
Chris is better in the boulder department.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2011 03:03 AM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Chun Li should be lifting his boulders. stick out tongue

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 20th, 2011 05:57 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Chun Li should be lifting his boulders. stick out tongue

Nah. He's the one that likes lifting old men's boulders.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2011 10:25 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

The women like lifting his though. smile

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 20th, 2011 11:14 PM
stargun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIPn...etailpage#t=52s

I'm pretty sure Ryu can fire a energy blast more powerful than that one block buster Kikosho from Chun-Li.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2011 11:19 PM
stargun is currently offline Click here to Send stargun a Private Message Find more posts by stargun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meioh_Hades

I think that SF3 Ryu could defeat SF2 Dictator, and maybe even SF4 one (IIRC that's the strongest version of Dictator in his post-Alpha body), after one hell of a fight.

But Shin Vega is still too strong even for SF3 Ryu imho.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2011 07:22 PM
Meioh_Hades is currently offline Click here to Send Meioh_Hades a Private Message Find more posts by Meioh_Hades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

I'm revisiting this thread with new information. Now that Shin Evil Ryu actually occurred in SFIV, this makes Ryu SIGNIFICANTLY STRONGER. SFIII's canon states Ryu is beyond the SNH and Shin Evil Ryu is SIGNIFICANTLY stronger in SFIV than he has ever been before. Keep in mind, Capcom has no intention of retconning SFIII, since they still consider the game the sequel to SFIV's story, even in OE trailers and official descriptions.

Think about Shin Evil Ryu and where he stands in SFIV, then remember that Normal Ryu is more powerful by the time of 3S. I think Ryu of SFIII, going all out may just be a match for Shin Vega.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2011 08:37 AM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stargun

And how strong is Shin Evil Ryu, exactly?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2011 09:10 AM
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

More powerful than Shin Gouki is in SFIV. That's for sure.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2011 09:22 AM
786SalamKhan

Is this Shin Bison as in Bison from the Alpha series or Shin Bison from EX2 & 3?
If it's from the Alpha series then Ryu has a great chance since he caused Bison to retreat in Alpha 3.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 01:10 AM
786SalamKhan is currently offline Click here to Send 786SalamKhan a Private Message Find more posts by 786SalamKhan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote