KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Duke vs. Link

Duke vs. Link
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Duke vs. Link

Duke does not like hearing Link playing his ocarina. "What the hell kind of harmonistic garbage am I hearing? What is with this world and it's lack of kick ass music? Hey you goldilocks, stop blowing in that or so help me I'll destroy your toy like the E ratings did your sex life.....-still hears Link playing-...Okay you asked for it."

There are things a stereotypical man can do in a land filled with magical wonders. He can shoot annoying fairies that won't shut up and even see if a certain princess will take her dress off if he hands her a twenty but if he goes as far as to swipe a musical instrument from a warrior elf's hand and steps on it repeatedly, he's asking for trouble.

For the heck of it, they're both composite from all the games they've been in (minus the crossovers) and they have all their weapons. Link is restricted from using any magical gauntlets and Duke is prohibited from using his shrink ray.

Two of these repetitively overrated iconic schmucks will be fighting in the center of Clock Town.

Will Link hail to the King or will the Duke get his just desserts for being a harsh critic to flute players everywhere?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2011 10:21 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2011 10:26 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

laughing out loud I was just looking at some reviews on Duke Nukem Forever recently.

But as for who would win?

I don't know. erm

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 07:16 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

My money's on Link currently, but I'm hoping to see at least some resistance from the Duke side, lol.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 09:48 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Its a shame Dukes not allowed his shrink ray, the magical gauntlets mean nothing as a loss to Link because I would say hes stronger than Duke without them. So Dukes the only one missing out, why dont you take away some of Links masks or something?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 09:59 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

From what little I know of Duke, along with the gauntlets you'll have to take away all of the rings/bracelets/gloves, Nayruu's love/armours/Cane of Byrna/Magic cape, Din's fire, Light/Fire/Ice/bomb arrows, Magic wand, Medallions, Fire/Ice rod, Pegasus boots, Masks, Four Sword and Blade beams..

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 10:20 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just masks will probably do to get things started, from what I know of Link most of those thinks you listed are fairly featless and ungaugable, and the bombs and arrows are going to be surpassed in speed by machineguns and laser weapons.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 10:30 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
laughing out loud I was just looking at some reviews on Duke Nukem Forever recently.

But as for who would win?

I don't know. erm
Yea, a lot of those reviews were just outright spiteful due to the overly high expectations of some and the sensitive manginas and femnazis hanging about.

Interesting thread though, not sure. Duke gets the jetpack and the nuke gun. Actually Duke has a chance, he has the wmd.

Anyways, Duke is never overrated. Hail to the King Baby!!!

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 10:52 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

He can probably just rail gun link or spread him with Devastator missle fire, especially if he has the Jet pack although I only know the new Duke Nukem game so I dont know what the Nuke gun is.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 11:24 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Originally posted by Burning thought
Just masks will probably do to get things started, from what I know of Link most of those thinks you listed are fairly featless and ungaugable, and the bombs and arrows are going to be surpassed in speed by machineguns and laser weapons.

Except if its composite then its a hundred tonner, third mach speed with supersonic reactions in 4m and getting knocked into a wall a mile away kinda guy.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 01:08 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wheres the mach speed and supersonic reactions? and the "knocked" into a wall?

Not that being knocked into a wall is the same as being riddled with bullets, missles and bombs. Also Link could probably just end up frozen from Dukes freeze ray, thats not excluded.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 02:13 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Making me think... arse >;

Spin attack covering 10m in 0.1s[Scream timed it], 100m/s attack speed. Reactions make it so he can react to supersonic things at 3.4m. For beating the speedy DLink his reactions would be supersonic in a 2m range.

Wall things from Wind Waker. Scene when he was blasted over an ocean right into a castle wall. Freezing nothing new for his foes. When his arrows hits, he wins.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 03:57 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

You love it baby, you love it xxx

Just because Links attack is fast does not mean he can react the speed he attacks, never heard of "the hand is quicker than the eye?" . His movement is never mach speed and Dlink (dark link?) has never shown the speed of sound so I dontk now where thats from.

But hes arrow will not hit, because hes going to have to have to choose an arrow, take aim and pull back/fire in the time it takes Duke just to pull a trigger (the guy does not really have to aim if hes using an automatic or a missle). And I have seen the Wind Waker thing, iirc the wall itself did not take any damage, so the actual force was less than damaging stone, doubt any of that is comparable to bullets and missles anyway, least of all rail guns.

What do you mean by "freezing is nothing new", you can say the same about almost any attack in a vs, "a sword or melee attack is nothing new", he still cant avoid or defeat a beam of freezing and if he attempts to block hes going to have his shield or sword frozen and shatterd. I cant imagine link surviving being smothered in whats essentially like a beam of liquid nitro.

Last edited by Burning thought on Aug 24th, 2011 at 04:05 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 04:02 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Does when DLink attacks as fast or faster then Link's 100m/s attacks. If Link can dodge DLink's 150m/s attacks in a 1m range, he can dodge supersonic things at around 2m. 3.4m if its attack speed is equal.

But if it does, Duke's dead. With his speed and reactions it wont take long to evade and shoot. Meh, they didn't take that into account. The hit/blast still happened.

Well, yeah. I can say that till the thing is above what he's faced. Monsters can freeze him over in LoZ for him to break free, and in the DN verse common enemies if left for a bit can break out of the ice. The stronger, tougher, greener guy would have an easier time.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 04:41 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BloodRain

Does when DLink attacks as fast or faster then Link's 100m/s attacks. If Link can dodge DLink's 150m/s attacks in a 1m range, he can dodge supersonic things at around 2m. 3.4m if its attack speed is equal.

But if it does, Duke's dead. With his speed and reactions it wont take long to evade and shoot. Meh, they didn't take that into account. The hit/blast still happened.

Well, yeah. I can say that till the thing is above what he's faced. Monsters can freeze him over in LoZ for him to break free, and in the DN verse common enemies if left for a bit can break out of the ice. The stronger, tougher, greener guy would have an easier time.

Show me DLink moving at mach speeds please, moving your sword around does not give you mach speeds unless its proven that Link is actually watching/reacting to the blade as it moves mid flight and not just puting his shield up or something, iirc the method of Dlink being defeated is up to the player. Its not a cutscene where its made a point that Link is watching swords in mach speeds.

Yes, I agree since hes not got great durability. What? evade bullets and machinguns? Hes never evaded something so fast in a contnious volley, blocking a few sword blows is not equel to bullet fire. Also how do you know he can concentrate, fire accuratly etc while having rocket explosions or machiengun shrapnel spraying around him? Clearly not much pressure was evident for some reason, probably the same reason he squeeked his way down the wall when he hit it, its a useless feat compared to bullets.

Has link ever been canonically frozen and broken out? Also can you show me these enemies, further being frozen typically would kill a person from cold bite, I could counter and say similiar to your point above "they just did not take colds affect on a biological organism into account" and say in his vs, Link will just die of hyperthermia or w/e.

Also note, Dukes guns are on a large scale, its not just bullet fire were talking about, several of his guns are triple barreled machine guns, duel rapid fire rocket launchers. Even non fictional weapons would be too quick for Link but Dukes guns are on another level.

Last edited by Burning thought on Aug 24th, 2011 at 04:53 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 04:50 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Quoi? No, they don't have mach speeds. If Link can react to DLink's 150m/s attacks it'd give him RT of 0.00667s, meaning supersonic at a certain distance. The fact that he faced DLink says he had to have the reactions to dodge... or he'd be dead. In reactions, a 150 sword from 1m = 400 bullet from 2.6m.
Maybe because of the cartoon theme of the game? The blast/hit still counts.

Nup, though it is a set animation. I can not :I cba to look through a game. This was in TP and OoT, not the toony WW.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 05:31 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BloodRain
Quoi? No, they don't have mach speeds. If Link can react to DLink's 150m/s attacks it'd give him RT of 0.00667s, meaning supersonic at a certain distance. The fact that he faced DLink says he had to have the reactions to dodge... or he'd be dead. In reactions, a 150 sword from 1m = 400 bullet from 2.6m.
Maybe because of the cartoon theme of the game? The blast/hit still counts.

Nup, though it is a set animation. I can not :I cba to look through a game. This was in TP and OoT, not the toony WW.

"if" he was actually reacting to it as it happened, rather than just puting his shield up. If you dont get the point I am trying to make, an English knight putting up his shield at an archer whos about to fire an arrow at him, did not react to the speeds of the arrow when he blocks it on his shield, but rather than intent/action of the opponent. It counts for what the game shows us, as per the new rule of KMC, little, if pressure is not factored into the game like you suggested, then its useless altogether.

It cannot be proven DLinks sword was in flight at mach speeds over such a short distance and Link watched it in slow mo or something to block it. Its even less likely to a hail of bullets from 3, rapid fire barrels. Everything Nukem does is easier to kill Link, while Link has to try a lot harder to kill Nukem.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 05:46 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Well he aint dead so I guess so :T putting up a shield is still reacting. In melee combat you can only defend after the attack starts. Launching a child like that takes great force.

"No, they don't have mach speeds", DLink's is comfortably faster then Link's 100m/s, ie 150m/s. Dodging his attacks is proof of his reactions. Not hard. Put up shield, throw bomb. If he's not dead then a swift arrow to the head using superior RT and speed. Don't take much.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 06:28 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes but not necesserily as the attack takes place, and you cant "only" defend after the attack starts, theres such as a thing as pre-emptive, which most defence comes from, a soldier does not have to dodge bullets from a .50 cal machinegun to get into cover, he can do that beforehand, Links shield can be put up before he actually closes the range to DLink. Whether that force was taken into account, or whether or not pressure was taken into account is the question though, and the wall not being damaged and him squeeking down it is kinda a confirmation those pressures are not.

I have yet to see this. Also iirc most of SPs calcluations were overhyped for that speed, I have yet to see Link slash much faster than a peak human. What if Links shot to piecies at "put up shield"? then the throw bomb part is irrelevent, or if a cluster of missles blows the shield and his arm off into the air. The whole "swift arrow" is going to be hard to accomplish a that point. Duke has pipe bombs as well himself iirc.

Superior RT? maybe, Superior speed? not seen it tbh, Links peak human, so is Duke. Difference is, Duke does not need high RT, he just needs to pull a trigger, the bullets do the speed, and theres 3 high caliber barrels pumping them out at speed.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 06:56 PM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Originally posted by Burning thought
He can probably just rail gun link or spread him with Devastator missle fire, especially if he has the Jet pack although I only know the new Duke Nukem game so I dont know what the Nuke gun is.

It's called the Plasma Cannon and at full charge it swallows the stadium interior at the very least.

At 2:12 he whips it out and fires 2 uncharged shots plus one full charged one, and a 7 energy cell charge at the end.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 07:07 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote