KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Commander Shepard vs Master Cheif

Commander Shepard vs Master Cheif
Started by: Greysen93

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Greysen93

Commander Shepard vs Master Cheif

Commander Shepard(Soldier) vs Master Chief
They both only have assault rifles and plenty of ammo, who wins?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 01:06 PM
Greysen93 is currently offline Click here to Send Greysen93 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysen93 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Chief. As good as Shepard is, Chief is physically superior in every way going by canon. God forbid he gets in close and hits him.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 01:17 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

I dunno about Soldier, but make Shepard a biotic and he stomps Chief

Howdy!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 01:25 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

From what Shepard as a biotic has shown, his powers would slow Chief down, but I doubt they'd stop him.

Chief weighs what, a ton or more? None of his powers even maxed out have the ability to move anything like that more than causing Chief to stagger like the more powerful opponents.

And that's only after Shepard gets through the shields. There's no guarantee Chief's armor will even be compromised.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 01:54 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Shepard as a Biotic can toss around Geth Armatures in the game.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 01:55 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Not since Mass Effect 1.

Mass Effect 2 has you fighting one on Therum and it's a lot more realistic. Throw damages it, but doesn't move it. Same for Pull and Singularity, etc..

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 01:56 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I'm pretty sure the relativistic forces of a Singularity could damage Chief's armor.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 02:04 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Or having his atoms forcibly decayed by Warp.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 02:07 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
From what Shepard as a biotic has shown, his powers would slow Chief down, but I doubt they'd stop him.

Chief weighs what, a ton or more? None of his powers even maxed out have the ability to move anything like that more than causing Chief to stagger like the more powerful opponents.

And that's only after Shepard gets through the shields. There's no guarantee Chief's armor will even be compromised.

A biotic in one of the Mass Effect novels casually threw a 4 ton APC.

I highly doubt Shepard would lack the ability to move Chief.

Howdy!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 05:17 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Agreed with the consensus. Biotic Shep would have his way with the Chief. Vanguard too, by extension.

John could probably take it to any of the other classes, though.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 06:58 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Arguably, one of the techy classes could lock MC's suit, as long as he doesn't have Cortana. Soldiers in ME need more feats though.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 07:01 PM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19

What's different about cheif's shields from the ones in mass effect? Not to big on halo lore so I'm actually curious

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 07:18 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jonno2408

As much as i think Master Chief is awesome, the technology in mass effect is far beyond that of halo, mass effect barriers slow mass down to the point of still, barriers also reduce the mass of something from say a tonne to an ounce / gram.... a car would feel like a feather...
also, barriers aren't even weakened by anything other than plasma fueled/energy weapons as they have no mass and bypass the barrier directly to the shields... As for Soldier Shepard, Easier for Chief as no biotic abilities, but even then, Chief with a mere assault rifle having standard projectile weaponry would do utterly nothing to shepards barrier. Chief simply does not have the weaponry required to damage shepard.

Old Post May 22nd, 2012 01:03 PM
jonno2408 is currently offline Click here to Send jonno2408 a Private Message Find more posts by jonno2408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

If Shep is a biotic, Shep wins.

The description of some biotics in the canon novels indicates that they can tear up a kinetically barrier'd human in seconds if brought to bear by biotics weaker then Commander Shepard. Hell, we have people like SKarr tossing four ton vehicles sideways, and Gillian crushing people with forklifts with a mere gesture. Gillian may be high-end biotic, above the norm, but Shepard is decidedly the next best thing. Only Jack and Morinth/Samara consistently outperform Shep.

Old Post May 23rd, 2012 12:55 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

Chief stomps.

Games vs is soooo dead nowadays.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2013 05:11 PM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Would the thread starter please clarify Shepard's class? That would make this MUCH easier.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2013 11:09 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

It says "soldier" dude.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2013 11:16 PM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Oh. I didn't see that. Lol. Apparently neither did anyone else.

Chief has this.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2013 12:02 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Assault rifles is a category for Shepard, which gives him a huge advantage. He probably melts "Cheif" with the Geth Spitfire.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Oct 1st, 2013 06:19 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

I am a fan of the ME trilogy and I love the character of Commander Shepard, but as badly as it pains me to say it, Master Chief would take this without a doubt.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Oct 1st, 2013 03:58 PM
Petrus is currently offline Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote