KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » NJO Luke Skywalker vs. ROTS Yoda and ROTS Mace Windu

NJO Luke Skywalker vs. ROTS Yoda and ROTS Mace Windu
Started by: SpiritOfTheDead

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SpiritOfTheDead

NJO Luke Skywalker vs. ROTS Yoda and ROTS Mace Windu

you know the drill...

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 01:14 AM
Click here to Send SpiritOfTheDead a Private Message Find more posts by SpiritOfTheDead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaidenDeadpool
"Nerd maker funner of-er"

This is a bit overkill. . .Yoda alone could take Luke.

The above image is not of Cyrax doing the "Charleston". It is of Deadpool disguised as Cyrax and mocking him by doing the "Charleston". That's just what he does...

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 01:27 AM
Click here to Send RaidenDeadpool a Private Message Find more posts by RaidenDeadpool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackVortex
Shadow from the North

yah..both Mace and Yoda could solo luke..together it's like.

luke ignites saber. green/purple blurs. luke falls dead in so many pieces he's no longer recognizable.

and this is totally seroius.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 01:41 AM
Click here to Send BlackVortex a Private Message Find more posts by BlackVortex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PloKoonDevotee
Champion

Eh, Luke would put up some resistance only for cinematic purposes. I think the fight would look like ESB Luke versus vader. Luke puts up some resistance, but you know he's goin down.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 01:43 AM
Click here to Send PloKoonDevotee a Private Message Find more posts by PloKoonDevotee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackVortex
Shadow from the North

i honestly doubt even some resistance, besides maybe putting his saber up while thinking "crap, i wish i knew at least something about being a Jedi".

imo...mace and yoda could even solo luke with 1 hand, and no Force powers such as push and that.

this is so overpowered...i'm just going to stop posting here even. because it's such a laughing matter to think of luke trying to fight these two.

maybe a Yoda vs ROTJ luke and mace, or mace vs yoda and rotj luke..but not this.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 01:46 AM
Click here to Send BlackVortex a Private Message Find more posts by BlackVortex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BlackVortex
i honestly doubt even some resistance, besides maybe putting his saber up while thinking "crap, i wish i knew at least something about being a Jedi".

imo...mace and yoda could even solo luke with 1 hand, and no Force powers such as push and that.

this is so overpowered...i'm just going to stop posting here even. because it's such a laughing matter to think of luke trying to fight these two.

maybe a Yoda vs ROTJ luke and mace, or mace vs yoda and rotj luke..but not this.

You do realize this is NJO Luke, right?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 01:53 AM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

NJO Luke could take either of them, but together, he would go down, probably killing Mace in the precess.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 01:57 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackVortex
Shadow from the North

k, sorry about that.

however, my opinion stands. except maybe now Luke parries Mace's first swing. as he probably wont even see the blur we know to be Yoda.

i honestly dislike the whole NJO luke thing...and don't get me started on it. smile perhaps he has some skill...but what's considered mastery in Jedi ways for the OT/NJO...is like...simple training in PT in my opinion.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 01:59 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

You guys are truly sad when it comes to NJO Luke, you anger has blinded you. I would give him a fair chance of winning.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 02:00 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Se7in

Despite how ridiculously overpowered NJO Luke is, and how much I hate him, and how much I like Windu, Luke would win.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 02:01 AM
Click here to Send Se7in a Private Message Find more posts by Se7in Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackVortex
Shadow from the North

alright, so i take back what i said about not posting anymore. :P

consider this...

NJO Luke...he's only been training from like...16 was it? maybe older when he first touched a lightsaber?

by that time Mace and Yoda would both have been not only Padawans, but possibly Knights, and both able fighters.

Yoda has 800 years experience beyond that.
Mace has created and mastered Vaapad, and is a Jedi Master on the Council.

yah, Luke may be the new Master of the NJO...but that's because he just came up and was the only Jedi around, he knows more than others. he's a Master by new standards, and the need for one.

for the sake of making an objective view i'll say this..

NJO luke could probably fight it out with these two. tough for him, very tough. but Yoda and Mace will both be aggressive. Mace with Vaapad is going to take luke, and yoda being so quick and jumpy, will keep luke busy. luke wont have the chance to go on the offensive really. he'll just be keeping himself alive as long as he can in my opinion.

i don't know luke's style either, i'll say that. so perhaps if someone knows they could post that here. but mace/yoda's style will keep luke real busy.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 02:06 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Let me give you some of Luke's achievments and we will see who is better.

Defeated Vader
Defeated Sidious
Defeated Joruus(A clone of a very powerful Jedi Master)
Defeated Luuke(His own clone)
Defeated Shimrra(Yuuzhan Vong Overlord)
Defeated Many Nightsisters(They as a group could overpower Jedi Masters. They are pretty powerful.)
Defeated Jensaarai(a force-group that is pretty powerful.)
Defeated Lord Nyax

Got many of the teachings from the Chu'unthor.
Got teaching from some secret Jedi Library.
Studied for a while from Bass's Holocron.

Killed several THOUSAND Yuuzhan Vong in one fight.

That isn't even all of it. I have thought about this more, and I think it could go either way. Luke has a fair chance though.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 02:17 AM
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
You guys are truly sad when it comes to NJO Luke, you anger has blinded you. I would give him a fair chance of winning.

No, I hate NJO for being ridiculously overpowered as he is. However, I do give him his props. To be fair, a lot of his accomplishments are only put in perspective because he's one of the few good force users of his time.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 02:23 AM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Originally posted by Illustrious
No, I hate NJO for being ridiculously overpowered as he is. However, I do give him his props. To be fair, a lot of his accomplishments are only put in perspective because he's one of the few good force users of his time.

Kyp Durron, Kyle Katarn, Jacen Solo, Corran Horn, Ganner Rhysode could stand beside many of the Masters from the OT. Kyp is probably better than half the Council members in the PT. Your underestimating the NJO.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 02:32 AM
The Creator
A being beyond power

I'm sorry but I have seem to have forgotten how everyone came to the conclusion NJO Luke was deemed ridiculously overpowered.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 02:36 AM
Click here to Send The Creator a Private Message Find more posts by The Creator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Somebody

Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Let me give you some of Luke's achievments and we will see who is better.

Defeated Vader
Defeated Sidious
Defeated Joruus(A clone of a very powerful Jedi Master)
Defeated Luuke(His own clone)
Defeated Shimrra(Yuuzhan Vong Overlord)
Defeated Many Nightsisters(They as a group could overpower Jedi Masters. They are pretty powerful.)
Defeated Jensaarai(a force-group that is pretty powerful.)
Defeated Lord Nyax

Got many of the teachings from the Chu'unthor.
Got teaching from some secret Jedi Library.
Studied for a while from Bass's Holocron.

Killed several THOUSAND Yuuzhan Vong in one fight.

That isn't even all of it. I have thought about this more, and I think it could go either way. Luke has a fair chance though.

He conquered the Empire (in battle) - and helped put peace between them. Though it was the entire Jedi Order, Luke, Leia, Han, and some powerful Jedi Master with the last name of Brand to put an end to DE Sidious.

Um...well, both times - Luke was one of the reasons Sidious was defeated. So yeah, I guess that counts.

Anyways, NJO Luke wins.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 02:37 AM
Click here to Send Darth Somebody a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Somebody Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Somebody

Originally posted by Lord Simus
I'm sorry but I have seem to have forgotten how everyone came to the conclusion NJO Luke was deemed ridiculously overpowered.

Look. Sidious is my favorite character, but his ability to chuck people from one planet to the next and consume fleets of ships with his own Force powers is RIDICULOUSLY overpowered.

Sidious and Yoda -- even though I hate Sidious's style in ROTS -- just seems right for the amount of believable. If you watch these guys, you know that they're both the daddy's (lol) of either side of the Force.

They seemed to express the proper amount of power for paragons of either side of the Force.

List of Ridiculously Overpowered Characters (in no order)
------------------------------------------------------------------
- NJO Luke
- Darth Revan
- Exar Kun
- Marka Ragnos
- DE Sidious
- Ulic
- Darth Nihlius

These SIX are some off the top of my head that are WAY too powerful. Anyone who can chuck a DAMN star at their opponent, zap 'em across time and space, or destroy a damn planet is WAY too overpowered.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 02:40 AM
Click here to Send Darth Somebody a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Somebody Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Creator
A being beyond power

Then why does no one complain about Kun or Revan being ridiculously overpowered?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 02:43 AM
Click here to Send The Creator a Private Message Find more posts by The Creator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Originally posted by Darth Somebody
Look. Sidious is my favorite character, but his ability to chuck people from one planet to the next and consume fleets of ships with his own Force powers is RIDICULOUSLY overpowered.

Sidious and Yoda -- even though I hate Sidious's style in ROTS -- just seems right for the amount of believable. If you watch these guys, you know that they're both the daddy's (lol) of either side of the Force.

They seemed to express the proper amount of power for paragons of either side of the Force.

List of Ridiculously Overpowered Characters (in no order)
------------------------------------------------------------------
- NJO Luke
- Darth Revan
- Exar Kun
- Marka Ragnos
- DE Sidious
- Ulic
- Darth Nihlius

These SIX are some off the top of my head that are WAY too powerful. Anyone who can chuck a DAMN star at their opponent, zap 'em across time and space, or destroy a damn planet is WAY too overpowered.

I fail to see how you can include the Ancient Sith, like Ragnos or even Kun, as being "ridiculously overpowered." These characters were DESIGNED to be barons of the dark side: they were supposed to be figures of titanic strength, the pinnacle of evil and power. They are the epitome of Evil strength of immense proportion.

NJO Luke just has this "unifying" force, they chuck out years of SW history for the sake of having a foe that's "not part of the force," and where Luke can do things no one else has even bothered to attempt, it really does become ridiculous in that sense.

And you didn't count very well stick out tongue.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 02:45 AM
The Creator
A being beyond power

So hes overpowered because he uses Sith powers.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 02:50 AM