KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Luke runs the gauntlet

Luke runs the gauntlet
Started by: Sexyback

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Sith'ari
Restricted

Account Restricted

Luke runs the gauntlet

Each character is at his best from what we've seen so far, and Luke gets no rest in between fights. None.

1. Darth Vader.
2. Yoda.
3. Jacen Solo.
4. Kas'im.
5. Revan.
6. Kyp Durron.
7. Exar Kun.
8. Darth Bane.
9. Darth Sidious.
10. Darth Nihilus.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2007 07:59 PM
Click here to Send The Sith'ari a Private Message Find more posts by The Sith'ari Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brotz
Te Darasuum Mand'alor

Luke will fall at #4 or #5, he's too weak from the previous duels.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2007 08:07 PM
Click here to Send Brotz a Private Message Find more posts by Brotz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

I'm guessing this is LOTF Luke? He gets through the first 4 pretty easily. 5, 6 and 7 start to get tough because those guys are strong and Luke will probably be getting tired, 8 and 9 will be bitches. If he gets past them he loses at Nihilus, I'd say 9 or 10. I'm not really sure how tired he'll get.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2007 08:20 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

He probably loses at 9. Luke still kicked a lot of ass when he was tired (read the Unifying Force).

Old Post Jan 1st, 2007 08:24 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sith'ari
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would, but I haven't read any of the NJO, except the first 3 books like a year ago, so I'll probably be really behind.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2007 08:27 PM
Click here to Send The Sith'ari a Private Message Find more posts by The Sith'ari Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sexyback
I would, but I haven't read any of the NJO, except the first 3 books like a year ago, so I'll probably be really behind.

I've read excerpts of the final battle. He kicks some serious, serious ass. He fights through an army of Yuuzhan Vong to then engage in single combat against their leader. Jacen's description of Luke is outrageous.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2007 08:36 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

I'd say its like 80% possible that he makes it all the way.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jan 1st, 2007 09:26 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually, I don't think he will. Between Sidious and Nihilus, I don't know.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2007 09:35 PM
Morridini
Morridini

By the way the Legacy of the Force storyline is going now then i would say that Luke would loose against Jacen Solo. In either Betrayal or Bloodlines (don't remember which) there was a scene where [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Luke and Jacen fought illusions of each other, where the illusions were controlled by the one it was an illusion of. Like an advanced simulator. Here we saw that Jacen Solo was not at par with Luke yet, but clearly on his way. So if Luke has already fought Vader and Yoda then he should be too strained to manage a fight against Jacen.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2007 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Luke would get to at least 9....if he made it there, he'd make it

Old Post Jan 1st, 2007 10:33 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Originally posted by Gideon
Actually, I don't think he will. Between Sidious and Nihilus, I don't know.

Yea I dunno. Jedi can go a long time with being completely exhausted and injured and still preform to the top of they're abilities. Mace in Shatterpoint is a testament to that, and Luke is far and away better then Mace at everything. Luke would take all of these people alone with relative ease so...I dunno. I still think Luke could do it, he's pulled off some insane things before with being bruised and beaten and exhausted. He fought Dolph (AKA. Kueller) with being injured to the point of almost collapse (broken ankle etc.) and he stayed with Dolph during they're whole fight (until the end). And Mara said (referring to Dolph) that she hadn't felt such power from anyone since the Emperor in his early days. So all in all I think Luke could do it if he had to do it.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 12:27 AM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sith'ari
Restricted

Account Restricted

But didn't he get bested by Lumiya in LotF?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 12:47 AM
Lightsnake

No. She attacked him when he was distracted and got a lucky wound in.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 12:55 AM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Styles
Papa Bear

Still though as much as you defend it, you can't deny the fact that it STILL should have been no contest, Luke should have killed her in a second distracted or not.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 04:10 AM
Click here to Send Dr. Styles a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Styles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

I can simply point to a stupid author, and accept a massive inconsistency.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 04:18 AM
-kV-
[:::::{============)

Luke's going to face a line of the strongest Jedi and Sith, he'll be more than simply exhausted. He might lose at # 7 or # 8 for all we know, but he's definately going down at # 9.

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 01:33 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sith'ari
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd personally say he falls at 7, he'll be tired as hell.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 01:36 PM
Lightsnake

Luke can use the Force to keep himself going in any time of exhaustion, even to the extent of becoming one with it. Exhaustion will not get to him

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 05:00 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Exhaustion DID get to him against Lumiya though.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 05:02 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Originally posted by Gideon
I've read excerpts of the final battle. He kicks some serious, serious ass. He fights through an army of Yuuzhan Vong to then engage in single combat against their leader. Jacen's description of Luke is outrageous.

Are you saying that you've never actually read it? I suggest you do, as his actions in it have been, in my opinion, overrated and exaggerated over time.

Anyway, I definately don't see Luke winning. Even at full strength Sidious would push him to his limit. After fighting Yoda he'll be tired and I can see Jacen being able to knock him around a bit but still losing. Kas'im and Revan tire him and then he eventually loses against Kyp.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 06:08 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote