KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Tulak Hord vs. Marka Ragnos

Tulak Hord vs. Marka Ragnos
Started by: AncientSithLord

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientSithLord

Tulak Hord vs. Marka Ragnos

Who do you think wins? We don't know too much about either one's abilities in combat, but Tulak Hord is said to be the greatest lightsaber duelist of the ancient Sith Lords, and that's saying something, since the ancient Sith make the later Jedi and Sith as "children playing with toys" in comparison to their prowess. Marka Ragnos is a powerful Sith sorcerer though, and he does have that fancy scepter of his, so...

Old Post Mar 16th, 2010 11:37 AM
Click here to Send AncientSithLord a Private Message Find more posts by AncientSithLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

You found this place via Googling KotOR, didn't you?

Kreia's line is worthy of skepticism at best. She didn't live amongst the ancients, and she's a notorious manipulator.

Aside from Ragnos defeating Simus, ruling for a century uncontested, and his ghost spooking Kressh and Sadow, he has no reputable feats. Tulak Hord's even worse with NOTHING to his name other than the word of Liar McDeceptionpants.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2010 11:49 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientSithLord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
You found this place via Googling KotOR, didn't you?

Ha, most recently found it by Googling Marka Ragnos Discussion, as I was looking for a thread somewhere that focused only on him. I have visited this site for a year or two though, but only registered after truly exploring it a few days ago. big grin

As for Kreia... I have no idea why people disregard her. She was the Jedi librarian. She was a historical expert. She'd know a lot about Tulak Hord, and there's no reason for her to wildly invent things about a certain Sith Lord. She was simply telling the Exile history about each Sith in the tombs. It's reliable and accurate information as far as I'm concerned.

As for Marka Ragnos, I think he accomplished quite a lot. He kept the Sith Empire stable and prosperous, he led it into its Golden Age. Sadow messed things up. Ragnos at least was not a fool who rushed into a confrontation with the much larger Republic which doomed the Sith Empire. And as much as I dislike the "Ragnos-Crowned-Kun" retcon, as it stands now Ragnos was the one who effectively brought about the Great Sith War, which safely secured the future of the Sith, for Kun's Sith lived on even after their defeat, and allowed Revan's Sith to rise to power. If Ragnos had not done that, I doubt the Sith would have gained such power for a very long time, if ever.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2010 12:12 PM
Click here to Send AncientSithLord a Private Message Find more posts by AncientSithLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by AncientSithLord
Ha, most recently found it by Googling Marka Ragnos Discussion, as I was looking for a thread somewhere that focused only on him. I have visited this site for a year or two though, but only registered after truly exploring it a few days ago. big grin

As for Kreia... I have no idea why people disregard her. She was the Jedi librarian. She was a historical expert. She'd know a lot about Tulak Hord, and there's no reason for her to wildly invent things about a certain Sith Lord. She was simply telling the Exile history about each Sith in the tombs. It's reliable and accurate information as far as I'm concerned.

As for Marka Ragnos, I think he accomplished quite a lot. He kept the Sith Empire stable and prosperous, he led it into its Golden Age. Sadow messed things up. Ragnos at least was not a fool who rushed into a confrontation with the much larger Republic which doomed the Sith Empire. And as much as I dislike the "Ragnos-Crowned-Kun" retcon, as it stands now Ragnos was the one who effectively brought about the Great Sith War, which safely secured the future of the Sith, for Kun's Sith lived on even after their defeat, and allowed Revan's Sith to rise to power. If Ragnos had not done that, I doubt the Sith would have gained such power for a very long time, if ever.
We all know this. All of us.

Kreia was a manipulator and deceiver. She also did not live amidst the Ancient Sith.

Ragnos did things. Hurray. Great combat feat there. Doing stuff and what-not.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2010 12:20 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientSithLord

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
We all know this. All of us.

Nor was I implying you didn't. I was simply making a point; Kreia should know her stuff.

But this is somewhat off-topic is it not?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2010 12:26 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Nor was I implying you didn't. I was simply making a point; Kreia should know her stuff.

But this is somewhat off-topic is it not?
No it's not. Tulak Hord has NOTHING to his name. Absolutely nothing. Kreia's line about the Ancients being uber swordsman means nothing when there IS nothing to work with.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2010 12:32 PM
AncientSithLord

Apart from the fact Tulak Hord was the greatest lightsaber duelist among the ancient Sith, and that he recorded his techniques in a holocron. There's nothing to suggest that's not true, and if we're solely going to rely on detailed OOU explanations, then we'll have to forget about a lot of established Star Wars history etc.

We don't know much about either Tulak Hord or Marka Ragnos. Who cares? This is a forum for fights between various Star Wars characters.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2010 12:51 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Apart from the fact Tulak Hord was the greatest lightsaber duelist among the ancient Sith, and that he recorded his techniques in a holocron. There's nothing to suggest that's not true, and if we're solely going to rely on detailed OOU explanations, then we'll have to forget about a lot of established Star Wars history etc.
Actually we do forget about a lot hearsay because it's... hearsay. You know who else made a holocron? Everybody who's better and more documented that Tulak "I was mentioned briefly that one time" Hord.

We don't know much about either Tulak Hord or Marka Ragnos. Who cares? This is a forum for fights between various Star Wars characters.
Stay here another week or so. Eventually you'll see that we demand evidence for everything and the most logical conclusion just in case something's missing. This is that forum that will Ignore/Flame you for using your imagination. Empiricism FTW.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2010 01:06 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Go us.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2010 01:22 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

If she was indeed a Jedi Librarian, that would disqualify her from making any statements regarding the ancient sith, seeing as how (I'm not sure about the shitty continuity) the Jedi didn't exactly talk to them during the Great Hyperspace War, and the Jedi CERTAINLY didn't confront Ragnos or Tulak(they were long dead).

[quoe]As for Marka Ragnos, I think he accomplished quite a lot. He kept the Sith Empire stable and prosperous, he led it into its Golden Age. Sadow messed things up. Ragnos at least was not a fool who rushed into a confrontation with the much larger Republic which doomed the Sith Empire. And as much as I dislike the "Ragnos-Crowned-Kun" retcon, as it stands now Ragnos was the one who effectively brought about the Great Sith War, which safely secured the future of the Sith, for Kun's Sith lived on even after their defeat, and allowed Revan's Sith to rise to power. If Ragnos had not done that, I doubt the Sith would have gained such power for a very long time, if ever. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how you figure that Ragnos brought about the Great Sith War. MY suggestion to you is, go back to whatever n00b forum you're from and argue nonsense there.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2010 01:48 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
justinbieber
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hord.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2010 01:58 PM
Click here to Send justinbieber a Private Message Find more posts by justinbieber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Having two socks is more irritating than I thought it would be.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2010 02:03 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rex and Ush need to make this an invite only forum from now on.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2010 02:09 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
Having two socks is more irritating than I thought it would be.

Which foot do they belong to?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2010 02:09 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientSithLord

Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
If she was indeed a Jedi Librarian, that would disqualify her from making any statements regarding the ancient sith, seeing as how (I'm not sure about the shitty continuity) the Jedi didn't exactly talk to them during the Great Hyperspace War, and the Jedi CERTAINLY didn't confront Ragnos or Tulak(they were long dead).

[quoe]As for Marka Ragnos, I think he accomplished quite a lot. He kept the Sith Empire stable and prosperous, he led it into its Golden Age. Sadow messed things up. Ragnos at least was not a fool who rushed into a confrontation with the much larger Republic which doomed the Sith Empire. And as much as I dislike the "Ragnos-Crowned-Kun" retcon, as it stands now Ragnos was the one who effectively brought about the Great Sith War, which safely secured the future of the Sith, for Kun's Sith lived on even after their defeat, and allowed Revan's Sith to rise to power. If Ragnos had not done that, I doubt the Sith would have gained such power for a very long time, if ever.

I'm not sure how you figure that Ragnos brought about the Great Sith War. MY suggestion to you is, go back to whatever n00b forum you're from and argue nonsense there. [/B][/QUOTE]

How old are you? No, seriously. You're acting like a 15-year-old backed up in a corner; I recognize I'm new here, but surely you know only a poor debater resorts to petty insults.. You are posting a fair bit of nonsense yourself (Hiding in the Force = creating wounds in the Force? Seriously?) and you don't seem to be even bothered in participating in this particular thread; you haven't even chosen a victor.

As for Ragnos, he made Kun and Qel-Droma cease fighting, crowned Kun as Dark Lord of the Sith and Qel-Droma as his apprentice, and told them to bring about the restoration of the Sith Golden Age. I'd say he had quite a role in bringing about the Great Sith War.

Now please calm down.

Last edited by AncientSithLord on Mar 16th, 2010 at 02:18 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2010 02:14 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
How old are you? No, seriously. You're acting like a 15-year-old backed up in a corner. You've barely offered a shred of evidence, are posting a fair bit of nonsense yourself (Hiding in the Force = creating wounds in the Force? Seriously?), and you're already beginning to resort to petty insults. Please explain what your hatred of Kreia has to do with choosing a victor between Tulak Hord and Marka Ragnos.

Hahaha if this isn't the pot calling the kettle black. I'm just doing exactly what you're doing, posting random bullshit and passing it off as fact. Oh wait, I have the DLOTS comics to back me up, as well as common EU knowledge.

Gotta love the desperation rebuttal. If I prove something wrong about your character, I must hate him! I get that from Obama supporters all the time.

quote:
As for Ragnos, he made Kun and Qel-Droma cease fighting, crowned Kun as Dark Lord of the Sith and Qel-Droma as his apprentice, and told them to bring about the restoration of the Sith Golden Age. I'd say he had quite a role in bringing about the Great Sith War.

Now please calm down. [/B]

Haha you go from "bringing about the sith war" to "having a role in it". Which one is it?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2010 02:20 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

How old are you? No, seriously. You're acting like a 15-year-old backed up in a corner; I recognize I'm new here, but surely you know only a poor debater resorts to petty insults.. You are posting a fair bit of nonsense yourself (Hiding in the Force = creating wounds in the Force? Seriously?) and you don't seem to be even bothered in participating in this particular thread; you haven't even chosen a victor.

Now please calm down.
Did you just confuse him with me?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2010 02:20 PM
AncientSithLord

Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
Hahaha if this isn't the pot calling the kettle black. I'm just doing exactly what you're doing, posting random bullshit and passing it off as fact. Oh wait, I have the DLOTS comics to back me up, as well as common EU knowledge.

Gotta love the desperation rebuttal. If I prove something wrong about your character, I must hate him! I get that from Obama supporters all the time.

Haha you go from "bringing about the sith war" to "having a role in it". Which one is it?

I stand corrected. Perhaps you do not hate Kreia. Regardless, my point still stands; let's actually debate who would be the likely victor between Hord and Ragnos, if we debate at all.

As for "bringing about the sith war" and "having a role in it..." Nitpicking words is also not a good case.

Lord_Lucien, I thought you and Dr McBeefington were one and the same?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2010 02:30 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nitpicking? No, there's a difference and it makes your "argument" that much weaker. There's nothing to debate here. You haven't provided a single valid claim.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2010 02:33 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure there isn't a difference. erm

Old Post Mar 16th, 2010 02:36 PM