KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » RotS Dooku vs DoE Bane

RotS Dooku vs DoE Bane
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

RotS Dooku vs DoE Bane

Setting: The place where Dooku fended off the Nightsisters

1) Sabers
2) Force
3) All-out

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 07:11 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Bane in all.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 07:14 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 07:20 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

I might agree with Neph here. Bane's strength in the Force appears to be greater, so he could wear Dooku down much in the way Anakin does in RotS. Dooku's technical mastery is greater, but not to such an extent as to overcome Bane's superior strength in the Force.

But then again...I'm really not so sure. It's difficult to compare the strengths of the two, and at some point we all get down to arbitrary handwaving.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 07:26 PM
Click here to Send Skybreaker a Private Message Find more posts by Skybreaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

I think Dooku edges out by being a superior duelist.

When it comes to the force, though, I'm similarly undecided.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 07:28 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm pretty sure Dooku can take sabers... yeah, Anakin when tapping heavily into Dark Rage was able to wear Dooku out, but aside from that Dooku holds up well enough, and Anakin is both more skilled and stronger than Bane so he has more claim to be tiring Dooku than him anyway. Dooku is just more skilled than Bane by quite a fair bit.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Last edited by ILS on Oct 26th, 2014 at 07:31 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 07:29 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

I do think that Bane has better Force feats; his FL seems to be typically superior, he has a greater understanding of the dark side's various abilities, and PoD suggests a very prodigious learning curve. Dooku is no joke, but Darth Bane has shown himself capable of actually forcefully extracting various DS techniques and growing powerful at a ridiculous rate.

As for sabers? Well, Dooku is clearly more technically skilled with a blade. Bane does have going for him his impressive performance against Kas'im in PoD, but then he also struggles against a small group of random Jedi in RoT, even with his orbalisks. Dooku's accolades clearly place him as a consummate duelist, one that is exceptionally gifted in the history of the Jedi Order. I would normally give the edge to Dooku, were it not that Bane's djem so, immense physical strength and immense strength in the Force just happen to mirror closely the advantages that Anakin always has over Dooku.

My vote's still on Bane.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 07:33 PM
Click here to Send Skybreaker a Private Message Find more posts by Skybreaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

You aren't wrong, I just don't see Bane winning in sabers. Anakin was noted as being extraordinarily powerful due to the whole Chosen One shenanigans, and he has somewhat better strength feats than Bane like ripping spider droids apart with his bare hands. But more than that he's just a better duelist than Bane, and was actually in Dooku's tier of skill, whereas Bane is likely a tier or so below Dooku.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 07:39 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bane had matched and successfully countered all of Kas'im's moves after, what, a year or two of formal training? The same Kas'im who had mastered every movement to every form?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 07:44 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I haven't read the trilogy so I have nothing for that one, haha. I've heard there's some level of context behind that duel though.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 07:48 PM
WildBantha88

quote:
but then he also struggles against a small group of random Jedi in RoT
Bane took three of them on at a time, one of them being Raska Lsu who many people believe to be Kas'ims equal and all of them were enhanced by battle meditation. And he didn't struggle, he was winning that duel before Zannah stepped in and made it go a hell of a lot faster.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 08:13 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nargaroth

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Bane took three of them on at a time, one of them being Raska Lsu who many people believe to be Kas'ims equal and all of them were enhanced by battle meditation. And he didn't struggle, he was winning that duel before Zannah stepped in and made it go a hell of a lot faster.

They were also hindered by a nexus (or it was two nexii?), so that would most likely cancel out. Bane, on the other hand, was unquestionably amped by said nexus.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 08:17 PM
Click here to Send Nargaroth a Private Message Find more posts by Nargaroth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

lol

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 08:23 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

thumb down It was never noted that Bane was receiving an amp of any kind other than his orbalisks. Nexus arguments are bullshit unless there is some in text statement saying that someone was being hindered/amped/drawing on the nexus

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 08:23 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

quote please

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 08:29 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I was looking for what he's talking about, but I only found another TK feat for Bane:

"Drawing his lightsaber, he leapt from the cockpit and moved carefully forward until he stood before the black gate. It loomed above him, a giant blast door without handles, hinges, or a visible control panel. Gathering his power, he placed his left palm against the surface. The gate exploded, rupturing inward with a sharp bang that reverberated down the long, dark hallway leading into the fortress."

So thanks. thumb up

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 08:33 PM
Nargaroth

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WildBantha88
thumb down It was never noted that Bane was receiving an amp of any kind other than his orbalisks. Nexus arguments are bullshit unless there is some in text statement saying that someone was being hindered/amped/drawing on the nexus

I never said that he was drawing on it, but let's not pretend the Nexus amp is non existant. A darksider is automatically amped by a nexus just by being there, and that's how it works. There's no need for explicit quotes (which is an excuse used to make amped character look more impressive ) and Tython was a nexus:

Tython, revered by many as the birthplace of the Jedi Order itself, was now a bastion of dark side power, and the location of Belia Darzu's hidden fortress.

-- Rule Of Two

Nexus amps can only be ignored when a darksider stomps another darksider (like Vitiate's mind rape of Scourge).

Last edited by Nargaroth on Oct 26th, 2014 at 08:36 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 08:33 PM
Click here to Send Nargaroth a Private Message Find more posts by Nargaroth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Even if that were true (it isn't), Battle Meditation also weakens enemies. So it still balances out.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 08:36 PM
WildBantha88

Passive amps from nexus's ARE slight. Unless they are actively drawing on the nexus like Zannah then I doesn't matter. Nexus's are just used by people who are loosing an argument to lowball the competition

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 08:39 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jesus Christ.. you really can't make mention of a nexus on this board can you? Is it seriously not reasonable to state that the way we look at feats need to be dialed down if they were performed on a nexus, and that character is no longer on said nexus?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 08:41 PM