KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Arcann vs. Darth Malgus

Arcann vs. Darth Malgus
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Arcann vs. Darth Malgus

Round 1: Sabers only

Round 2: All out fight

Battle takes place on neutral ground

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 1st, 2015 11:45 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Arcann. I'd honestly put the TOR protags near Malgus by KotFE.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2015 11:58 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Interesting, considering the circumstances.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2015 12:19 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

What circumstances?

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2015 12:38 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

The circumstances of Malgus also getting Tiplee'd.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2015 12:39 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Am I the only guy who payed attention while playing or something?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2015 12:45 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

This should be good. Or do you not actually have a point and are only stalling?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2015 12:47 AM
cs_zoltan

KotFE is hardly the protagonist's prime. The Outlander spent 5 years in an imperfect carbonite.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2015 12:52 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Valid point

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2015 12:56 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

There's never a point where they go get healed from it or take the time to recover either.

Also I read the codex entry on carbon freezing: "Its use in freezing living creatures is relatively new in the galaxy and considered highly dangerous–subjects frozen for more than a few hours have a very low survival rate unless the carbonite is prepared with much expense at an elaborate facility."

If even a few hours is usually lethal, the Outlanders 5 years is a pretty significant thing. The carbonite poisoning is stated to be killing you. The Outlander is severely ****ed up from the carbonite poisoning for most of the early chapters, it's mentioned as miraculous they're able to walk at all, let alone fight. We all know how bad Han was in RotJ. They clearly recover but theres no indication it's back to full health and ability. At least 1 character mentions that you look like shit compared to the last time he saw you and you get the option to point out the carbonite freezing.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2015 01:07 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

How long would he be hampered by the effects though?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2015 01:08 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Valkorion is also stated to be healing you the entire time. Fact. It's been quite a while since KotFe began, Oggurobb even says months in dialogue. Fact.

There's been plenty of time to get over being frozen and plenty of extraordinary means to get over it, including having a Force Entity's power surge throughout the Outlander's body. Fact is, the Outlander was just inferior, and the sooner we accept that the better.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2015 01:15 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

He only heals you in your dreams and might be actually doing enough to keep you alive but theres no indication he's healing you in the game. The Outlander doesn't show any sign of being healed while they're staggering around Zakuul.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
How long would he be hampered by the effects though?

Dunno. The freezing was clearly way shittier than Han's and was longer and it probably didn't help that they have to fight and do stuff near constantly over the few days the expansion takes place over.

The guy I mentioned says you look like crap in chapter 9 tho, which is the last one so I guess pretty long.

Last edited by Nephthys on Nov 2nd, 2015 at 01:18 AM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2015 01:16 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Right after the Outlander gets stabbed in the stomach they say Valkorion is healing them and kept them alive. Unfortunately, your opinion means absolutely nothing here compared to theirs.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2015 01:24 AM
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Right after the Outlander gets stabbed in the stomach they say Valkorion is healing them and kept them alive. Unfortunately, your opinion means absolutely nothing here compared to theirs.

So? At best the Outlander is equal to SoD protagonist. Unless you have some fancy theory them getting better while being frozen for 5 years.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2015 01:27 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

I assume you mean SoR. And considering that literally everyone improved after SoR up until KotFE, I'm going to disagree with you. It's idiotic to think they stayed static in the time up until KotFE begins as well as during it. Because as I pointed out, a lot of time as gone by already.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2015 01:30 AM
ares834

Gotta say its funny though seeing some say that Outlander isn't operating at peak efficiency (he likely isn't) after being out of the game a few years when those same people say Revan was at his best shortly after coming out of a roughly three hundred year long coma.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2015 01:34 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I assume you mean SoR. And considering that literally everyone improved after SoR up until KotFE, I'm going to disagree with you. It's idiotic to think they stayed static in the time up until KotFE begins as well as during it. Because as I pointed out, a lot of time as gone by already.

Who is this "literally everyone"? Because there is no clear indication that anyone improved, beside that usual "time has passed" argument. Which isn't exactly infallible evidence.

Until you have something concrete it's far-fetched to assume someone improved while spending 5 years in imperfect carbonite...

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2015 01:35 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
]Who is this "literally everyone"? Because there is no clear indication that anyone improved, beside that usual "time has passed" argument. Which isn't exactly infallible evidence.

Quotes from NPCs and the player character about their own abilities. Again, their opinions of themselves are superior to any assumptions you or Neph can make. Even as soon as RoE, Lana herself was supposed to have begun shielding herself against Vitiate.
quote:

Until you have something concrete it's far-fetched to assume someone improved while spending 5 years in imperfect carbonite...

What concrete proof is their of improvement since the class story began besides opinions of those in game? What kind of retardation does it require to ignore statements in game as well as ignoring the obvious improvement shown in the feats performed. They don't need to improve in the 5 years of carbonite freezing when improvement is shown and stated everywhere else.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2015 01:46 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

thumb up Arcann takes this.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2015 02:16 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote