KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » VJUN: Dooku runs a sabers gauntlet.

VJUN: Dooku runs a sabers gauntlet.
Started by: Fated Xtasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Smile VJUN: Dooku runs a sabers gauntlet.

The dark Lord with his Vjun amp runs a gauntlet. Armed with his standard gear, with full heal after each around how far does he make it?

Warm up: Tiplee, Ima Gun Dai, Sirak.

Round 1: Xanatos, Volfe Karko, and Ona Norbis.

Round 2: Sora Bulq, Soara Antana, Serra Keto.

Mid Boss: Rots(game) Cin Drallig.

Round 3: Depa Billaba(composite), Mace Windu, and Kanan Jarrus(S2)

Round 4: Ferus Olin, Anakin Skywalker, and Obi Wan Kenobi.

Round 5: Kyle Katarn, Kam Solusar, and Corran.

Round 6: Darth Vader and NJO Luke Skywalker.

Round 7: Sheev.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 12:31 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Can someone post the Yoda vs. Dooku duel from Dark Rendezvous?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 12:37 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Gets destroyed at 6

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 12:56 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by |King Joker|

A rush of panicked footsteps, and the housekeeper burst into the room. "Master, which there are Jedi in the ballroom. They're coming to take my Baby!" she shrieked.
Dooku flicked through the security monitors until he found the ballroom. "Ah," he said. Something in his face seemed to freeze, and die. "I see you brought your protege."
"Understand you, I do not," Yoda said.
"You didn't mention bringing young Skywalker," Dooku said, pointing to the holomonitor. "And Obi-Wan, too. That changes the odds considerably. There's your Wonder Boy now, fighting the assassin droids I have standing sentry duty at the front door." His hand was wonderfully steady now. "Your new favorite son."
"Bring him, I did not!"
"And yet, there he stands, with Obi-Wan. A miracle and a prodigy to be sure. I suppose you left him under cover. Perhaps you missed a rendezvous. So easy to lose track of time, chatting with old friends," the Count said.
In the entryway, Whirry was shifting from foot to foot in extremes of agitation. "Please, Master! Don't let the Jedi steal my Baby again! Do something for me, for all my hard work, Master?"
Dooku glanced up. "Do something for you?" His eyes flicked to Yoda and the lightsaber at the Jedi Master's belt. "Of course I'll do something for you." With a flick of his hand, he picked up the heavyset woman with the Force and hurled her through the window casement. Yoda's eyes went wide with shock. "You might want to help her," Dooku said.
With a bound, Yoda was at the casement. Whirry was windmilling down through the black air, screaming and tumbling toward the flagstones. Narrowing his eyes, Yoda reached out through the Force and caught her not three meters from the ground. Instantly he was in the air himself, spinning away from Dooku's vicious attack before he was even consciously aware it was coming. The blinding scarlet blur of Dooku's lightsaber split the air, slashing a burning line along Yoda's side before chopping his desk in half.
Yoda whipped out his blade while trying to set Whirry gently down on the cobblestones below. "Wish to hurt you, I do not!"
"That's odd," Dooku remarked. "I intend to enjoy killing you."
As Yoda released Whirry from his mind's hold, and let her spill gently onto the flagstones far below, the tip of Dooku's lightsaber scored a burning line across his shoulder. The Count's blade was quick as a viper striking. Among the other Jedi, perhaps only Mace Windu would have been his equal on neutral ground: but here on Vjun, steeped in the dark side, his bladework was malice made visible—wickedness cut in red light.
"I've hurt you!" Dooku cried.
"Many times," Yoda said. He considered his pain: let it drop. Now he had nothing but Dooku to focus on, and his lightsaber gleamed with the same fierce green light that flickered from under his heavy-lidded eyes. "But killed me you did not, when you had the chance. A mistake, that was. More than eight hundred years has Yoda survived, through dangers you could not dream."
"I know how to kill," Dooku hissed.
Yoda's eyes opened wide, like balls of green fire. "Yes—but Yoda knows how to live!"
Then their blades clashed together in a lace of fire, green and red: but the green burned hotter. Slowly, slowly, Dooku gave way: and in the dark, drunken Vjun air, Yoda was terrible to behold.
"Yes," Dooku whispered. "Feel me. Feel the treason. All those years of teaching me, raising me. Trusting me. And here am I, the favored son, butchering your precious Jedi, one by one. Hate me Yoda. You know you want to."
Count Dooku lashed out with his lightsaber. Yoda took a quick step back and felt the heat of the red blade as it sliced the air centimeters from his tunic. He jumped, spun, and struck at Dooku's back before he landed. Dooku turned aside at the last moment, whipping his blade across the space where Yoda was seconds earlier. Facing each other again, their blades met, clashed, froze.
"Cunning, are you," Yoda said, breathing hard.
"I've had excellent teachers," Dooku said.
Yoda dropped and rolled to the side, his lightsaber blazing, reaching for Dooku's ankles. Dooku leapt up and flipped backwards landing lightly to face Yoda squarely. On his feet again, Yoda whirled and struck at Dooku, his green blade meeting Dooku's and pushing him back. Dooku attacked with reckless abandon fueled with hatred. Their blades hummed together, hissing and sparking. Dooku brought his blade down toward the diminutive Jedi Master and Yoda parried, locking his blade against Dooku's.
Yoda breathed, calming himself. "And yet, even here on Vjun, where the dark side whispers and whispers to me...love you enough to destroy you I do."
Pushing Dooku back yet again, blades flashed and flared stutters of light, blood red and sea green. Sweat ran in streams through Dooku's beard as he countered Yoda's every move, and his lips were white. Holobattles raged around them as the consoles showed Obi-Wan and Anakin clashing with wave after wave of battle droids. Dooku shot a quick glance at the red button on his desk and, with a Force push, he punched it in.
Yoda cocked his head. "A choice made, have you, Count?"
"I notice I am no longer your apprentice," Dooku said between breaths. "There was always a chance you could overpower me, of course." Yoda attacked: Dooku parried. "So I put a missile in high orbit, slaved to this location. It's falling now. Gathering speed." Dooku stepped warily back to the open window casement. "Can you feel it dropping? A thorn, a needle, an arrow. Faster all the time." He paused to get his breath. "Obi-Wan and your precious Skywalker and your little Padawans will be wiped out when the missile hits. So what you need to decide is, what means more to you, Master Yoda? Saving their lives—or taking mine?"
And with that he leapt backward, out the window. Yoda bounded after him. In the dark Vjun air it was all he could do not to leap after Dooku, to fall on him like a green thunderbolt and annihilate him utterly...But already he could feel the missile, too, dropping in a red scream through the atmosphere, two hundred armored kilos of explosive aimed for Chateau Malreaux. With a snort, Yoda turned his eyes to the sky and picked out the glowing dot racing in from the horizon. Below him, Dooku landed softly on the ground and melted into the rose gardens.
The missile was coming in with terrible speed and power: too much coming at Yoda too fast ever to wholly stop it, even if he had time and perfect peace. But he reached out to pull up the Force binding even Vjun's bitter green moss and twisted thorn-trees, and let it flow through him like a wind: the breath of a world, gathered and released in a push-feather game with all their lives on the line, not to oppose the missile's force with force, but to touch it gently on the side—just enough to send it screaming by the broken window casement to plunge a kilometer offshore into the cold and waiting sea.
A long instant later, water fountained from the ocean in a blaze of light three hundred meters tall, and then fell back.
The château and all those inside it had been spared: but Dooku was gone.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 01:15 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

3 or 4.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 01:27 AM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

A Star Wars fan's greatest failure is not to possess some copy of YDR. Best Star Wars book ever.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 01:30 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Down at three. Windu and Depa at the same time? He's going down.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 01:34 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by The_Tempest
A Star Wars fan's greatest failure is not to possess some copy of YDR. Best Star Wars book ever.
Yeah, I know. sad I've been meaning to get it for some time but my procrastination knows no bounds.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 01:36 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Yeah, I know. sad I've been meaning to get it for some time but my procrastination knows no bounds.

Have you ever read it?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 01:37 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Have you ever read it?
Nope.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 01:41 AM
The_Tempest

Nope.

Egads. I can't even.

tl;dr: it's great, really great. Best characterization, prose, and dialogue you'll find in a SW book.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 01:41 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Egads. I can't even.

tl;dr: it's great, really great. Best characterization, prose, and dialogue you'll find in a SW book.
It's pretty despicable, yeah.

Hopefully I'll get it soon

Edit: I just saw the dude who wrote YDR hasn't written a SW novel since? That's lame.

Last edited by |King Joker| on Mar 21st, 2016 at 01:53 AM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 01:48 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

YDR is the best but Shatterpoint is a close second.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 07:02 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote