KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Obi Wan Kenobi from the Kenobi show amped vs Mace Windu

Obi Wan Kenobi from the Kenobi show amped vs Mace Windu
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

Obi Wan Kenobi from the Kenobi show amped vs Mace Windu

Mace at his best vs Kenobi from the kenobi show Amped who wins in the following:

1. H2H
2. SABERS
3. FORCE POWERS
4. ALL OUT FIGHT ANYTHING GOES

Old Post Jul 14th, 2023 12:17 AM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

Mace Windu in all. I just don't have any arguments for Kenobi that puts him on Canon Mace's level.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2023 04:49 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Mace every time

Old Post Jul 14th, 2023 11:23 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Forschbewithu

I might take an unpopular opinion and say Kenobi.

Vader scales above Mace at this point, and amped Obi-wan proved to not only be on Vader's level, but beat him. Kenobi 6/10

1. Mace
2. Mace
3. Kenobi
4. Kenobi

Old Post Jul 15th, 2023 05:00 AM
Click here to Send Forschbewithu a Private Message Find more posts by Forschbewithu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Highly doubtful this Vader is already above Mace. I don't think Cere Junda would give that much trouble to Mace

Old Post Jul 15th, 2023 11:47 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Forschbewithu

By rots, Anakin is at the same level, if not barely below the likes of Mace, Sidious, and Yoda.

Just 5 years after rots (in the novel lots), Anakin/Vader states how his suit strengthened his connection to the force. So I'd say by this time (14bby), Vader is on Mace's level... OWK takes place ANOTHER 5 years after that novel. Another 5 years of growth. I'd say by this point, Vader is a level above Mace, and an amped Kenobi proved to be on Vader's level.

Are there any canon sources that contradict this line of thought?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2023 02:11 PM
Click here to Send Forschbewithu a Private Message Find more posts by Forschbewithu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

After giving it some more thought, I think there's some merit to the idea of Amped Kenobi being above Mace. Specifically, when it comes to the Force.

Mace Windu, in his relatively few TCW appearances, has some of the most impressive TK feats in Canon to date. Blasting apart a whole wave of droids, including droideka, with a single Force push, and pushing the AT-TE are both top tier feats that very, very few Canon characters have matched. However, 9BBY Vader hasn't just matched that level of power, he's one-upped it by repeatedly ripping shuttles out of the sky with TK (once in LotS, once in Kenobi).

While I'd put 9BBY Vader and Mace Windu in the same tier as Force wielders, I would say Vader has an edge in pure power. And since Amped Kenobi was demonstrably stronger in the Force than Vader, that would put him above Mace as well. In a purely Force-based contest, Kenobi would have a good shot at winning, with Mace's shatterpoint ability acting as a potential wild card.

In sabers, I still think it's Mace's game. Plenty of statements show that Vader is more powerful than Anakin in the Force, but Vader is also depicted as a less capable duelist than Anakin. Struggling against the likes of Eeth Koth and Cere Junda should be evidence enough of this. What's more, Vader was fighting relatively on par with a RotS-level Obi-Wan, while Anakin was largely dominating their RotS fight and Kenobi spent most of that duel just trying to survive Anakin's onslaught. Meanwhile, Mace held his own against, and even arguably defeated, Darth Sidious. Bear in mind, we've twice seen Vader duel Sidious, and in neither instance did Vader hold an edge over his master.

So, to sum up:
Round 1, Mace
Round 2, Mace
Round 3, maybe Kenobi, but shatterpoint is a wild card
Round 4, Mace

Old Post Jul 15th, 2023 03:01 PM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bergmar

Mace in all

Old Post Jul 15th, 2023 10:25 PM
Click here to Send Bergmar a Private Message Find more posts by Bergmar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bergmar
Mace in all

+1

Old Post Aug 17th, 2023 04:03 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote