KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Schwarzenegger's Return Revives 'Terminator' Franchise!

Schwarzenegger's Return Revives 'Terminator' Franchise!
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Squirrel Fart

Schwarzenegger's Return Revives 'Terminator' Franchise!

Last week Arnold Schwarzenegger tweeted that he was back in action and ready to take on new acting roles. We immediately assembled a mental wish list that consisted mostly of projects we don't want him to do (come back strong, avoid anything like Junior, Batman & Robin and Jingle all the Way!)

Some exciting news come revving in courtesy of Deadline who report that Universal Pictures is looking to revive James Cameron's franchise and attach Schwarzenegger to return. The most exciting news is that it's a potential vehicle (pun totally intended) for Justin Lin, who helmed the last three installments of The Fast and the Furious franchise, including the latest Fast Five, which Universal releases April 29. The plan would be to possibly pair him with Chris Morgan, who aside from Fast Five has credits on big scale Universal films that include the upcoming Keanu Reeves actioner 47 Ronin and Wanted.

This leaves me with a hornets nest of thoughts stinging my brain. First and foremost, I really, really, reallllly don't want to see a fifth pic in the future. And furthermore, I expect that they return to the roots and ensure it's a chase film. I know that the mere mention of Terminator evokes the high-budget/CGI response, but seriously, why not bring it down a notch? Lastly, if you're going to amp up the Terminator, you need to do something badder and cooler than the T-1,000,000 from Universal Studios' T2 3-D: Battle Across Time attraction.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/23482

Old Post Feb 16th, 2011 03:51 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They better not reboot the franchise from some of the stuff i've read.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2011 05:33 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Arnold's body will never look like the Terminator again. The only way I can see them using him in another Terminator movie is to have him be one of the scientists that design the Terminator, or CGI his body like in Salvation, but have him actually film his face while he delivers lines.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2011 07:11 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I'd like to see him roles other than the ones we know him as. A little diversity rather than just rehashing things he doesn't have the body for anymore.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2011 07:48 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

right now i just cannot envision arnold as the terminator

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 16th, 2011 08:35 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

As Glover said in the last Lethal Weapon,"I'm too old for this shit."

It would be better if film directors took into account Arnold's age & made an action movie that reflected on his experience rather than try & make him look & act 20 years younger.

Another classic example is Eastwood's In The Line Of Fire.
And Sean Connery in Entrapment.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 01:10 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I wouldn't mind seeing something akin to Arnie himself as the character that they based the machines on coming back to the present to protect someone from robots made in his image...

kind of like what they did with Die Hard 4... Just better.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 10:27 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
I wouldn't mind seeing something akin to Arnie himself as the character that they based the machines on coming back to the present to protect someone from robots made in his image...

kind of like what they did with Die Hard 4... Just better.

What did they do with die hard4?

Back to arnie I'm sure if he pumped up a bit he could do some action films. He doesn't have to take his shirt off. His last films he didn't and they were good like 6th day, collateral damage, end of days and terminator 3. Speaking of which in the deleted scenes in t3 there was a part with arnie playing the role of the person that the terminator was modeled on but his voice was different. It was quite funny.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 05:39 AM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

The thread title is misleading. I thought there was some actual word that Schwarzenegger was gonna be in the next Terminator movie.

I would love to see a continuation of Terminator Salvation. If Schwarzenegger wants to be in it, I support the idea of him playing a scientist that designed the T-800.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 10:20 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I know with one of the T2 novels 'T2: Infiltrator' Sarah and John come across a former Austrian counterterrorism operative and model for the Terminator while hiding out in Paraguay.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 11:13 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mardook
Easier said than done!

They may as well go and do it because if and when he dies, people will be like oh man we missed an opportunity. They'd have to go with CGI if he is to play a terminator though. I like the idea of him playing a scientist or the operative who is used as a Terminator template. True, Terminator Salvation sucked but they may as well follow-up on it. There is always going to be a bad turn in the story somewhere along the line. Besides I am getting sick of reboots and remakes that keep cropping up. ****ing reset button mania that H'wood seems to be in right now. So let them keep chugging away until they get to that war scene from T2 that we all wanted to see as a movie.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2011 06:09 AM
mardook is currently offline Click here to Send mardook a Private Message Find more posts by mardook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Schwarzenegger Asked Back for Terminator, Predator & Running Man

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=74986

Old Post Mar 7th, 2011 06:32 AM
Squirrel Fart

So, I guess Arnie is getting out of the office soon?

Old Post Mar 7th, 2011 08:08 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

getting out of the office?

He's been out of it since january.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2011 06:10 AM
Squirrel Fart

Didnt know.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2011 03:24 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

well i guess arnold needs a few extra dollars lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 8th, 2011 10:32 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I'll be back.

(please log in to view the image)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 9th, 2011 05:33 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Schwarzenegger Asked Back for Terminator, Predator & Running Man

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=74986

Nah, he should complete the sci-fi set and get involved in an Alien movie, he could be:

1. Dutch (having to deal with a different alien threat).

2. A Terminator (sent by Skynet to wipe out some that have nested near some important area).

3. Or just a new character.

Either way I think it would be a crowd pleaser. Who doesn't want to see Arnie blowing away Xenomorphs!!? What a comeback that would be!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2011 05:50 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mardook
Easier said than done!

I really don't care about how Arnold looks today, there is technology around things like that now. All I care about is them making a good or decent entertaining movie. Rebooting the Predator franchise did not work, we have yet to see if the Alien franchise can be rebooted with Prometheus which is not really a prequel. As for Terminator, like I said they should just continue with the story where they left off. Why reset the whole damn thing with a new mythology. If the studios think Arnold is too big of a risk to take then give him a big pay cut, he has not been in anything for a long time. Sure, he had a cameo in the Expendables but that was it. My vote is for them to just forge ahead with all his notable franchises that he was apart off.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2011 01:14 PM
mardook is currently offline Click here to Send mardook a Private Message Find more posts by mardook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I rather enjoyed Predators.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2011 01:17 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote