KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Worf vs Doctor Bashir

Worf vs Doctor Bashir
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Worf vs Doctor Bashir

Always wondered what would have happened if Julian fought back when Worf manhandled him.

According to Sisko, Julian's about as strong and fast as a Vulcan, and I believe Vulcan's are > Klingons..

Worf is in his jealous, frustrated, confused state here, while Julian is filled with rightous anger (Worf telling him who he could see, putting his hands on him. And lets be honest, who wouldn't want to take DS9 Worf down a peg, he's kind of a dick.)

Who wins?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 01:34 PM

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 01:30 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's hard to say because we never really saw Julian showing any real level of enhanced strength that I can remember. We saw his coordination and reflexes, but not strength.

Vulcans are supposed to be like 3 times stronger than humans, but it also seems Klingons are physically stronger than humans as well, though I'm not sure by how much.

So I would say Worf wins. He has a lot more experience in combat, and he was strong enough to just casually snap a dudes neck.

Also lol@Dumar.

Last edited by Surtur on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 05:28 PM

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2017 05:23 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Julian is IMO an augmented human being, and Klingons - while tough- aren't that much above stock humans. Riker had no problems tossing them around. I give this to the doc.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 06:55 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Vulcans are x3 as strong as a human of their size/build
Klingon's are x2 as strong as a human of their size/build

I'm going with Worf, 10 out of 10, it's a serious stomp. Seriously, this is a no contest.

Julian is augmented but it's his intellect for the most part, physically he's gifted with Vulcan-like reflexes and superior hearing. Worf has the combat experience here and Worf is FAR above your standard Klingon warrior.

When Worf was captured by the Jem'Hadar (genetically bred warriors), he was forced to fight day after day, carrying his injuries onto the next day's match. Julian couldn't have done that.

In the canon tie-in comic to Star Trek 2009, Worf confronts Nero (before the time-travel) and Nero backstabs him out of fear of Worf's combat and sexual prowess.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 04:33 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard

I'm going with Worf, 10 out of 10, it's a serious stomp. Seriously, this is a no contest.

Julian is augmented but it's his intellect for the most part, physically he's gifted with Vulcan-like reflexes and superior hearing. Worf has the combat experience here and Worf is FAR above your standard Klingon warrior.

When Worf was captured by the Jem'Hadar (genetically bred warriors), he was forced to fight day after day, carrying his injuries onto the next day's match. Julian couldn't have done that.

In the canon tie-in comic to Star Trek 2009, Worf confronts Nero (before the time-travel) and Nero backstabs him out of fear of Worf's combat and sexual prowess.

Loved that episode where he kept hitting that battle won thing fighting the Jem Hadar. Worf would win, but I think Julian might be difficult he was a future tennis pro. He is a future pro athlete, so... Kirk could beat most Klingons when they ripped his shirt. Worf wins, but he might take a knock or two, a baseline return from the future most travel very fast.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 09:40 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Kirk's on a whole nother level tho, he cracked Khan, grappled the Gorn and laid with the green girl; all before Thursday. He foot-drops cowboys and punches gangsters and slaps Nazis. Oh my!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 11:55 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kirk's on a whole nother level tho, he cracked Khan, grappled the Gorn and laid with the green girl; all before Thursday. He foot-drops cowboys and punches gangsters and slaps Nazis. Oh my!
Yes he, is! smile We will always. Agree. on, that. Notice. my Shatner punctuation and. emphasis in the Sentence.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 02:58 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

I guffaw'd.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 09:02 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Bashir just doesn't have the h2h skill, imo. He's quick, maybe even quicker than Worf, and certainly more agile, but Worf's been training since he was a child, and in a melee fight I just can't see Bashir winning, especially when we know so little about what kind of strength Bashir has.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 25th, 2017 01:53 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
I guffaw'd.

When Worf gives someone this look:

(please log in to view the image)

They'd be wise to fear for their rectum's structural integrity.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2017 08:25 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

worf guts the good doctor

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 10:13 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Plus his best power of all: being able to maintain his dignity after this happens:

I'd follow that man into hell itself.

I do feel bad for Spock though. Watching the scene is probably the moment in his life where Spock became 100% dead inside.

Last edited by Surtur on Jul 2nd, 2017 at 07:13 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2017 07:04 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Plus his best power of all: being able to maintain his dignity after this happens:

I'd follow that man into hell itself.

I do feel bad for Spock though. Watching the scene is probably the moment in his life where Spock became 100% dead inside.
haha it was one of the most excellent scenes in tv, GOT could only dream of that impact 50+ years on. thumb up

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 02:19 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Read the comic. Brought back Data, and tied up some loose ends from other movies.

All canon, as you say, to Trek 2009 (Whether that makes it canon to pre 2009 Trek is another, very complicated story. There are good arguments that it is not, nor could ever be, due to licensing restrictions.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 23rd, 2019 01:20 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Computers also stand no chance against his Logic Attacks. The list goes on.

No wonder Picard needed Koik to physically take down Soran.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post May 23rd, 2019 05:20 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by cdtm
Read the comic. Brought back Data, and tied up some loose ends from other movies.

All canon, as you say, to Trek 2009 (Whether that makes it canon to pre 2009 Trek is another, very complicated story. There are good arguments that it is not, nor could ever be, due to licensing restrictions.)

Ah, this thread thumb up

Even if we do away with the comic related stuff, Worf is still ridiculously too much for Bashir in a fight. Be it weapons or h2h, Worf is one of the best combatants in Star Trek, he's not your average cannon fodder Klingon who get taken out by plot.

Old Post May 23rd, 2019 09:51 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Mindship

Aye.

Picard's a bad ass himself when he needs to be, but he's no Kirk physically.

Old Post May 23rd, 2019 09:53 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Soran cheated by not allowing it to be a one on one fencing match with Picard.

Old Post May 23rd, 2019 11:52 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Surtur
Soran cheated by not allowing it to be a one on one fencing match with Picard.
If this was a ST:NG episode, Picard probably would've handled him. As Robtard said, JLP can be badass himself. But imo, that fight was Koik's moment.

BTW, I just discovered yesterday there's a whole new Trek series coming: 'Star Trek: Picard'. This should be interesting, a series focusing on a person. Considering my favorite Star Trek character, in all series, has been the ships, I'm still intrigued. I find Patrick Stewart to be quite a versatile actor.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post May 24th, 2019 05:55 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

If this was a ST:NG episode, Picard probably would've handled him. As Robtard said, JLP can be badass himself. But imo, that fight was Koik's moment.

BTW, I just discovered yesterday there's a whole new Trek series coming: 'Star Trek: Picard'. This should be interesting, a series focusing on a person. Considering my favorite Star Trek character, in all series, has been the ships, I'm still intrigued. I find Patrick Stewart to be quite a versatile actor.

I miss Blunt Talk.

Old Post May 24th, 2019 07:04 PM